Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Zero VGS posted:

You all told me the innerspring mattresses were in the back of the Costco! They don't have poo poo! It's foam all the way down, this sucks!

At least get a slice to make your visit worth while

And get a loving kitchen aid god damnit. If you can afford it and have room for it. It the best. Once you buy it home made sausages or ice cream is only a low low price of $100 away at any given time :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

There are definitely inner spring mattresses at my costco. Just like anything at Costco, they can be fleeting I suppose.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

https://www.mrmixer.store/store

He also has a TikTok channel!

Thanks! PBUC and all that

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

At least get a slice to make your visit worth while

And get a loving kitchen aid god damnit. If you can afford it and have room for it. It the best. Once you buy it home made sausages or ice cream is only a low low price of $100 away at any given time :getin:

I did get a slice, I will not get a KitchenAIDS

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
You guys see how the American Costco credit card is removing the extended warranty?

Seems like a huge loss and the main reason to even get the card!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Original_Z posted:

You guys see how the American Costco credit card is removing the extended warranty?

Citi already dropped it from most of their no-AF cards a long time ago; I suspect their contract with Costco forbade them from dropping it until the next negotiation or whatever.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I closed my Costco citi card this summer. It's really not that particularly great for anything except the gas rewards but I think the cashback difference might be like $30 a year on gas whereas I could save probably hundreds with a better % cash back credit card at every other store I go to.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It never struck me as a good enough deal to have another open account with a relatively new open date on the credit report.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah I don't care about my credit since I have my house and car paid off already anyways, but Fidelity being 2% on everything compared to Costco being 1% just makes it worth it for someone like me who doesn't buy anything at Costco except gas, hot dogs and protein shakes.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

Have you noticed any pericarditis or changes in his fertility?

Funny you mention that, none of the shots nor Covid bothered him, but my 3rd vaccine (Pfizer) gave me heart inflammation with an early heart beat once or twice per minute for a few months before it cleared up (confirmed it on a heart monitor I had to wear, so it wasn’t my imagination). The 4th shot which was the Costco Moderna bivalent did nothing of the sort to me.

As for his fertility, he’s been trying his damndest to get me pregnant with no success. I’m too polite to remind him that we’re both dudes.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Alliant Credit Union has a 2.5%-on-everything card with no ftx fees (I randomly got hit on gog transactions and poo poo all the time) if you keep an average checking balance above $1000 and make one electronic deposit (any kind including ACH, any amount) per calendar month.

the costco card only being annual rewards makes even 4% gas not that great a deal seeing as you may be waiting for up to 14 months to get that 4%. It's better for holiday purchases (notionally) than earlier in the year, because you only wait 2-4 months. I use it at the pump just because I'm too lazy to carry the actual magstripe member card just for the pump but maybe I'll re-evaluate that if it's not a warranty card anymore, I'll take 2.5% now vs 4% in a year and just use another card.

I guess 2% is high for an unlimited warehouse stores bonus compared to most competitors, warehouse is usually a low-rewards category (apart from some choice cards) but again, 2.5% on everything is better.

(actually alliant doubles the warranty up to a year... not an automatic +2 but it's 2.5% and also still has a warranty benefit)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Was at Costco today for cheap nicotine product, and had to renew my membership for an extra $60. I figure it doesn't take that many $1.50 hotdog and soda lunches to balance that out.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Was at Costco today for cheap nicotine product, and had to renew my membership for an extra $60. I figure it doesn't take that many $1.50 hotdog and soda lunches to balance that out.

They sell smokes at your Costco?

How can you be addicted to nicotine when god-tier glizzies are right there though

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

It's really not that particularly great for anything except the gas rewards

The Costco card is 3% in the travel and restaurant categories, which is pretty good for a no-annual fee card. The fact that you can only redeem the cash-back once a year in physical cash is not ideal and a little inconvenient, but I'm still keeping mine.

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 4, 2022

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
They changed the GAT DANG Kirkland toilet paper and I am NOT HAPPY.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

Funny you mention that, none of the shots nor Covid bothered him, but my 3rd vaccine (Pfizer) gave me heart inflammation with an early heart beat once or twice per minute for a few months before it cleared up (confirmed it on a heart monitor I had to wear, so it wasn’t my imagination). The 4th shot which was the Costco Moderna bivalent did nothing of the sort to me.

As for his fertility, he’s been trying his damndest to get me pregnant with no success. I’m too polite to remind him that we’re both dudes.

Well, keep trying, life finds a way and all.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

silence_kit posted:

The Costco card is 3% in the travel and restaurant categories, which is pretty good for a no-annual fee card. The fact that you can only redeem the cash-back once a year in physical cash is not ideal and a little inconvenient, but I'm still keeping mine.

I don't ever travel really, and obviously the last two years the restaurants thing hasn't really been worth it. Still looking forward to getting my rewards from last year though!!

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Thinking to hit this place up Saturday. Anything a must cop?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

silence_kit posted:

U.S. Bank offers a no-annual-fee 4X (4%) dining card, and they also recently added a $95 annual fee visa card that gives 3% back on $1500 in wholesale clubs per quarter, as well as 6% back on $1500 per quarter at your choice of two retailers from a list (the list is not very impressive compared to alternatives, though).

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

nom epique posted:

Buy a whole pizza in the food court for 10 🅱️ucks

Or just browse the deal catalog for something https://www.costco.com/pre-pre-holiday.html?ADBUTLERID=homepage_hero_holidaymailer

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

nom epique posted:

Costco tells you what you need.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hot Dog and drink + refill, do you even need to ask

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Last time I went to Costco they had local mussels for half the price that they would be elsewhere.

The cod and and salmon is also a good deal, but you sure do get a lot of fish. The cod freezers well enough though.

Last time I bought a pack of drumsticks I got tired of how much chicken I had to go through lol.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

numberoneposter posted:

Last time I went to Costco they had local mussels for half the price that they would be elsewhere.

The cod and and salmon is also a good deal, but you sure do get a lot of fish. The cod freezers well enough though.

Last time I bought a pack of drumsticks I got tired of how much chicken I had to go through lol.

The pre-portioned frozen salmon filets are excellent, and just as good as the fresh large whole filets sold in the meat cooler area. They cook well straight from frozen, too - just don't put the heat too high (I cook them at 350) to avoid any of the albumen pushing its way out. Takes longer but the results are infinitely better.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The big frozen bag of chicken wings were still on sale. 20 bucks for I think it was 10 pounds

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Since the Costco Citi card also acts as my membership and is a one tap deal at the gas pumps I'll keep it forever. It's either have a membership card or a credit card so why not. It's been on my record since it came out and credit scores are bullshit anyway so why not.

I'll buy a TV this year with my rewards.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This weekend I'm replacing my 11 year old Vizio that still works fine. I bought it at Costco.

:haibrower:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

nom epique posted:

OPs of the Costco thread, please help our boy nom epique make the most epic first Costco trip a reality pls

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
new jamon just dropped

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

astral posted:

U.S. Bank offers a no-annual-fee 4X (4%) dining card, and they also recently added a $95 annual fee visa card that gives 3% back on $1500 in wholesale clubs per quarter, as well as 6% back on $1500 per quarter at your choice of two retailers from a list (the list is not very impressive compared to alternatives, though).

This is great and all but:

StormDrain posted:

Since the Costco Citi card also acts as my membership and is a one tap deal at the gas pumps I'll keep it forever. It's either have a membership card or a credit card so why not. It's been on my record since it came out and credit scores are bullshit anyway so why not.

This convenience is really key. Unless someone could show me the math where I can understand how much I’m giving up for that convenience, I’m not inclined to change.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If you already have it there's no reason not to carry it, but that also doesn't lock you out of having different/better things for other purposes.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

That's how I see it. It's nice for gas and I might as well use it for Costco purchases.

I don't even mind that I only get a cash out twice a year (one from card, one from Costco) since each time it's like a free trip.

I've got Amexes for any purchase outside the Costco though.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Me, fumbling and struggling at the arduous task of taking a second plastic card out of my wallet, sweat on my forehead. A line of angry-face patrons begins to form behind me.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Original_Z posted:

i got it because it offers way more cash back than any comparable card

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

nom epique posted:

don't go to church on the weekend, go tuesday in the am and enjoy the nearly empty store
basil pesto, cereal of choice, the deep dish pepperoni pizza, liquor (if you're so lucky as to live in a place where church sells booze), and $1.50 dogs

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Their Kirkland vodka, gin and bourbon (if you can get it) are all pretty good. Roti chicken because nobody's mentioned that yet (:psyduck:). They have olive salad for muffaletta sandwiches there now that's dope. In the same aisle is the 505 green chilies which will change your life. Pemberton blanket. Muffins if you hate yourself. All produce except bananas. Protein powder, peppermint crunch salted caramels, books, cold weather clothes, socks, tires, seltzer, smoked salmon, a slice of pizza, wrapping paper, Mason jars, a giant thing of aluminum foil, individual guacamole cups, parfried wings, mandu dumplings, baby wipes and chicken stock.

I saw an upright NFL Blitz cabinet for 500 bucks today too.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StormDrain posted:

I'll buy a TV this year with my rewards.

Wait I can just show my credit card when entering instead of the membership card? Fuckin A!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
ermagerd the godiva ganache cookies and the bouchard dark chocolates are finally back

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
The Costco Irish Creme is so godlike if you drink coffee, it’s a giant jug of grass-fed cream that never expires because of the alcohol. They have Bailey’s next to it and it’s $50 for the Bailey’s and $14 for the Costco. Many reviews put the Costco brand as tasting better. I wouldn’t know, I’m a teetotaler with the sole exception of a dash of the creme each morning.

Edit: and in many states you don’t need a membership for it so grab a couple jugs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

They sell smokes at your Costco?

How can you be addicted to nicotine when god-tier glizzies are right there though

Yeah, they have a tobacco section off where the pet food is. I quit smoking in like 2010, but never got off nicotine, and they sell Zyn cheaper there than at convenience stores.

Unrelatedly, I'm sorely tempted to probe you for using the term "glizzies."