Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They'll kill your dog tho

I've got groundhogs in my back yard and apparently they'll kill raccoons and cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I always think of this story

https://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors/2017/jun/15/it-was-terrifying-maine-woman-kills-relentless-rabid-raccoon-bare-hands/

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maybe don't let your dog get into fights with wild animals

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

platzapS posted:

my boomer dad .... enjoys public urination

In happy news I sold my car and moved to Philadelphia.

You are welcome, brother. Make yourself comfortable! Pats and Genos are trash.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it’s not just tesla it’s the wheel in general that is enemy to humankind

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/04/driver-seriously-injured-after-being-run-over-three-times-by-own-car

quote:

Driver ‘seriously injured’ after being run over three times by own car
Old town of St Gallen, Switzerland
A woman in Switzerland was seriously injured after she got out of her car with the engine still on only for it to run her over three times, police said on Friday.

The 45-year-old had stepped out of her car in a residential area in St Gallen in northeastern Switzerland, probably in order to get something out of the boot, regional police said, according to the Swiss news agency ATS.

But then the car, which was on a slight slope, began rolling backwards.

The woman had attempted in vain to stop the vehicle, before falling to the ground and was run over a first time.

The car had then rammed into another vehicle and rebounded back in the opposite direction, running over the woman a second time, police said.

But the car then hit a sidewalk, sending it back towards the woman and running her over a third time, before finally hitting a wooden barrier and coming to a halt.

The woman was sent to hospital in a serious condition.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
what if cars, but for your feet?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/11/04/moonwalker-shoes-shift-robotics-contd-orig-ht.cnn-business

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/TansuYegen/status/1588577068203536384?s=20&t=N32-L19-HpEDyO8h5_Z2hw

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm skeptical that that is widespread based on footage I've seen of Chinese highways. No American would ever pass that reverse section though.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I've heard that some NJ driving tests are closed course only and yet people still manage to blow through the stop sign.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

bike tory posted:

I have found these anti-car propaganda memes very sustaining today, enjoy:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Okay I do kinda want those

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

This looks like something from a 1920s magazine on future technology. I like it.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

for so long i drove my own mule like a peasant
now i ride the underground carriage like an ~aristocrat~

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

DRIVER! Take me to my stop and alert me upon arrival. I have philosophy to ponder. Perhaps a glass of wine?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Engine trouble? None of my concern, let the mechanics fix it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

This is the kind of idea that a 2nd grader comes up with when the teacher says "lets use our imaginations and think up a cool invention"

Only a small child would be like "lets make battery powered roller skates"

mystes
May 31, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Only a small child would be like "lets make battery powered roller skates"
I think a lot of people have had that idea it just doesn't actually work

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
emissions: increased!

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I bet those last like five miles max before they have to be thrown away completely

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/zhao_dashuai/status/1588802112464769024?s=20&t=REbmKsaCD7aw5EGaDzkjBA

https://twitter.com/zhao_dashuai/status/1588802148800036864?s=20&t=REbmKsaCD7aw5EGaDzkjBA

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

president xi...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

savage

https://twitter.com/zhao_dashuai/status/1588802159738785793

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Clark Nova posted:

I bet those last like five miles max before they have to be thrown away completely

i would simply use them to launch off a ramp into a lake and leave them at the bottom

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Cool, that's how a lot of Danish ghettos got their start! The idea is good, but it's harder to avoid parallel societies. Especially if you put all your low income groups in the new development

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

those seem like pretty standard medium density designs :shrug:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

also selling the anti america thing too hard

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

BonHair posted:

Cool, that's how a lot of Danish ghettos got their start! The idea is good, but it's harder to avoid parallel societies. Especially if you put all your low income groups in the new development
have the danes tried not being racist?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ted hitler hunter posted:

have the danes tried not being racist?

No

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I imagine these are for Han Chinese, not for segregating ethnic minorities, especially because they're promoting them as a way to raise the birthrate of residents.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/EclecticHams/status/1589281938530967552?s=20&t=-2Hs7YI8m5WXEdX-ykBn_A

Insane.

Our city ended up closing the drive through in our Carbucks after the workers refused to service it. It was a block away from a MAJOR intersection and required an off-duty cop for traffic at peak hours. Same thing as the video: you could just park and go in and out.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

my friend is staying with a couple that live on the north side of Chicago, close to where wrigley field is. looks like an incredibly walkable place to me

they both own "expensive European cars" lmao

Boywhiz88 posted:

Our city ended up closing the drive through in our Carbucks after the workers refused to service it. It was a block away from a MAJOR intersection and required an off-duty cop for traffic at peak hours. Same thing as the video: you could just park and go in and out.

you're talking about the one on Snelling and Marshall right?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is this the worst it's ever been for pedestrians in America fatality wise? I've looked up some info and it says it's a 40 year high but I don't know if that takes into account per capita stuff by year either.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this the worst it's ever been for pedestrians in America fatality wise? I've looked up some info and it says it's a 40 year high but I don't know if that takes into account per capita stuff by year either.

American highways in general were an utter bloodbath until mandatory seatbelt laws went into force. The earliest figures I can find separating pedestrian from driver / passenger fatalities is 1975, with 7516. Ped deaths peaked in 1980 with 8070 deaths, went down for a long time, and started going up again in 2013.

https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/pedestrians

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I am curious if we have any data on how often people walk in that same period. Can't have pedestrian deaths if we don't have pedestrians.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

https://twitter.com/EclecticHams/status/1589281938530967552?s=20&t=-2Hs7YI8m5WXEdX-ykBn_A

Insane.

i was driving through indiana and experienced this once. long car line up in the drive through, i just parked and went in to get some coffee. done in 2 minutes. just cannot fathom why no one else was doing this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CopperHound posted:

I am curious if we have any data on how often people walk in that same period. Can't have pedestrian deaths if we don't have pedestrians.

Excellent point and just makes measurements that much harder to nail

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Boywhiz88 posted:

Insane.

the city is correct here

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I imagine these are for Han Chinese, not for segregating ethnic minorities, especially because they're promoting them as a way to raise the birthrate of residents.

hmm sounds racist

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Connecticut is secretly one of the worst states in the country irt car culture, but it escapes scrutiny because nobody gives a poo poo about Connecticut. It's too boring to even mock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
in VT we love to roast Connecticut for being a state of a bunch of lovely highways... of course we're quickly heading towards the same fate ourselves