Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Astros should sign Rizzo IMO, Yuli is probably cooked after this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

^^^^ I would be down with that

I'm guessing Rizzo was one of the players that complained about the fans booing Judge

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

If you have that thin a skin then maybe this isn't the fanbase for him and he should go to the Giants.

You just posted a link to a rival player saying some of the tamest poo poo talk imaginable. Any other fan base this doesn't even register.

This will probably be front page news on the New York Post tomorrow and he'll be boo'd next year as this is permanently seared into Yankee fans memories.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mcmagic posted:

Judge played like poo poo in the playoffs and he got booed. He also has been great for the majority of his career and has been cheered thousands of times. I saw yankee fans boo Jeter or Rivera, first ballot hall of famers and the vast majority of the time they are worshiped here. If you have that thin a skin then maybe this isn't the fanbase for him and he should go to the Giants.

Sounds like a miserable fanbase to play for yeah.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sounds like a miserable fanbase to play for yeah.

Miserable if you lose. yeah.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Good thing losing is very infrequent in baseball!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

He could obviously still re-sign with the Yankees, just wants a longer term contract.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees still should've signed Freeman who is a vastly better player than Rizzo but I would imagine they will give Rizzo something like 20mm per for 2-3 years which is an overpay.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1588899488403705863

Dude who has never finished ahead of the Yankees says what?

lmao you are so thin skinned

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

mcmagic posted:

Judge ... should go to the Giants.

You heard it here first, folks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You heard it here first, folks.

I will be the least upset Yankee fan on this board if he does end up leaving.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mcmagic posted:

Miserable if you lose. yeah.

So like they said, miserable. :v:

Intruder posted:

Astros should sign Rizzo IMO, Yuli is probably cooked after this year

Gotta imagine Rizzo will be a player who benefits from the shift ban and he figures it'll up his value.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I will be the least upset Yankee fan on this board if he does end up leaving.

Is that all just because how he performed in the ALCS?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

Is that all just because how he performed in the ALCS?

No. He's 31 years old, just had the best year of his career that he's very unlikely to repeat and the Yankees have proved that they aren't good enough WITH him on the team so I can't see them signing him and then also doing what is needed to make the rest of the team as good as it needs to be to make the world series.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Look I'm just saying it's great to be a Yankee as long as you never fail in any way otherwise you deserve to get poo poo on even if you hit more than 60 homeruns and come just short of a triple crown

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Intruder posted:

Look I'm just saying it's great to be a Yankee as long as you never fail in any way otherwise you deserve to get poo poo on even if you hit more than 60 homeruns and come just short of a triple crown

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

If you have a terrible playoffs like he had you're going to get booed no matter what happens in the season. Yankee fans expect to win in the playoffs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
that exact sort of entitlement is the one thing that links together all the teams and fanbases that i truly, truly hate, and the thing even over top of the labor and other exploitative bullshit that makes sports absolutely unbearable a huge percentage of the time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah Astros fans have been ripping into Yordan at home this post season for a mediocre performance.

Oh wait we're actually nuanced (Yes even the Trashtros fanbase understands this) enough to not boo someone for a sample size of four games. Only entitled manchildren do that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Judge is the entire reason the Yankees even got to the playoffs lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kirios posted:

Yeah Astros fans have been ripping into Yordan at home this post season for a mediocre performance.

Oh wait we're actually nuanced (Yes even the Trashtros fanbase understands this) enough to not boo someone for a sample size of four games. Only entitled manchildren do that.

OK good for you. That is the difference between a franchise that has won the world series 27 times and one that has won it 1* time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dude how many were you even alive for? How many do you remember?!

That 27 trash is why you're an awful fanbase that no one likes. There's a reason why you're the one team people would rather root for the cheating franchise over.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kirios posted:

That 27 trash is why you're an awful fanbase that no one likes. There's a reason why you're the one team people would rather root for the cheating franchise over.

LOL @ Astro fans opining on the likability or lack thereof of any other franchise while you cheer on unrepentant racist cheaters. Just hilarious.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:psyduck:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Kirios posted:

Yankees getting 1 more is preferable to the Astros getting any.

Sadly mcmagic was right and the team was actually good, not great, and their record was carried by an unsustainable run of healthy pitching.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
If Aaron Judge were on a team of winners, like the National League Champion Philadelphia Phillies, perhaps he’d have a World Series ring. Alas, he’s on a loser New York team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mentholmoose posted:

If Aaron Judge were on a team of winners, like the National League Champion Philadelphia Phillies, perhaps he’d have a World Series ring. Alas, he’s on a loser New York team.

Hopefully Yankees fans will get their wish and he'll leave their venerable team that he doesn't deserve to play for

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

blah blah blah

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yankeesposters vs Astrosposters slapfights are the worst loving posts in these threads and that's including idiots getting mad at what some team's social media guy posted

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yankeesposters vs Astrosposters slapfights are the worst loving posts in these threads and that's including idiots getting mad at what some team's social media guy posted

All posts are good and should be cherished. Elon has shown us how precarious our posting can be.

We should treasure them all. Even and especially those about the 2017 Astros.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Is content free complaining cool and good though?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Kirios posted:

Yankees fans outside of nursing homes throwing out the 27 rings is the baseball version of Boomers claiming to have won WWII, I'm old as poo poo and I've only been alive for 7 of them. When I first got into baseball the Yankees were the trash team in NY that had only put together a good team after their buffoon owner was suspended for sending illegal contributions to Richard Nixon. In hindsight we should have all known the Yankees would get great again when Steinbrenner ate another ban for hiring some scumbag to dig up dirt and ruin the reputation of a future hall of famer. The Yankees haven't been anything other than just another team (albeit with a few good runs a lot of fandoms would still be ecstatic about to this day) since JFK had a full skull.

In short: the Steinbrenners are the Mark Zuckerberg of MLB- when their one weird trick of "Acquire everything" stops working they show you just how little else they have to offer. When I hear "If George was alive today..." the only honest answer is "He'd be awaiting trial for his role in January 6th" or something equally as stupid.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is content free complaining cool and good though?

That's the magic of Cubsposting- to steal from another subform, there's always more and it's always worse.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
welcome phillies fans

and now that the season is officially over, welcome home Albert Pujols. time to be an Angel for the next 10 years.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
Is this the thread where loser idiots like mcmagic say hot takes. Hello

Ey oo gabagool if the yanks has better players and a manager they'd maybe win

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

molestrios posted:

Is this the thread where loser idiots like mcmagic say hot takes. Hello

Ey oo gabagool if the yanks has better players and a manager they'd maybe win

You're kinda being a dick but yeah Aaron Boone is a major, major problem with the Yankees. As an Astro fan I'm thrilled he'll be back but that's such a horrible idea I can't help but lol

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hot take however annoying you might think McMagic is he's absolutely right the Yankees aren't winning any time soon with Cashman and Boone in charge.

But equally this level of not overspending and almost being good enough is exactly what Steinbrenner Jr. wants so...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's hot stove season let's talk about the fukkin Cubs

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rizzo back to the Cubs, Trea Turner to an 8 year deal, Christopher Morel extension. Get it done.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I heard the Cubs are signing 2001Barry bonds except he's on more roids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Johnny Bravo posted:

welcome phillies fans

and now that the season is officially over, welcome home Albert Pujols. time to be an Angel for the next 10 years.

If I'm still alive when Pujols dies, I'm gonna be the first person to say he's an angel again