Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The Colts fired their OC today

P sure Reich calls their plays tho, so, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Midseason scapegoating is my favorite

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah not quite sure what that's gonna do since Reich calls the plays.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Full on tank is engaged. Go get a ring, Nyheim.

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
I'm warmer on Reich than most Colts fans but the inability to get Hines involved has always been extremely baffling

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Full on tank is engaged. Go get a ring, Nyheim.

Nah they're not doing a full tank or there would have been more trades.

Hines rules though. I'm sad to see him go but hope he wins one with the Bills.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
dumping hines is a pretty low bar to consider as tanking

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, a tank would've been trying to move Buckner. Trading Hines just seems like it's a little bit of cap relief.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

cp91886 posted:

I'm warmer on Reich than most Colts fans but the inability to get Hines involved has always been extremely baffling

Spoiler he sucks

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Trading Hines for another RB seems weird, but I guess Moss has a year left on his rookie contract. Idk.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My sense is that a large factor in the trade is that Hines wanted out.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Hines was a Paris Campbell backup they don’t have enough offensive plays to use both

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Tanne might not play tonight. A bad rookie QB with no receivers against the chiefs, this is fine.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im glad the texans already lost this week so i can just watch red zone in peace

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Pimpcasso posted:

Tanne might not play tonight. A bad rookie QB with no receivers against the chiefs, this is fine.

these are always the games the titans win 28-9

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At this point regular season games don't really matter for the Titans. We're a lock for the division and we certainly aren't getting the one seed. Granted, tonight's game may be a seeding tiebreaker, but it's unlikely we'll keep pace with the Chiefs wins-wise anyway. Might as well enjoy our 3 or 4 seed and hope we can actually win a playoff game this year.

Get Malik and our receivers some reps, get Henry another rushing title, watch Big Jeff crush some motherfuckers, and enjoy ugly 13-7 slog wins against mediocre teams. Titans Bitch.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Big Jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1589332359639621632?t=X705doRmsamnbOyLN4sZTQ&s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Jesus Christ this division is dogshit.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

well the jaguars just scored so maybe they are teh greatest team in the afc south (down by 3)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Credit for the Jags for being in a game, albeit against the garbage-rear end Raiders.

lol Colts

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Good thing the colts fired their OC, They’re really acquitting themselves nicely today

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ol coach of the year Franklin reich always putting the Anointed Ones in prime position. Lemme get Robert Mays on the batphone to talk about it

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

the Anointed Ones

Thank you

But yeah they're just putrid. I didn't see the o-line backsliding as badly as they have this season, no Jonathan Taylor, Ehlinger is who we thought he was; there is just nothing on offense.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Jacksonville wins! AFCS AFCS AFCS!!!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

don't the colts have the most expensive OL in the league

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nelson is still good but is having a down year. Smith is a good RT but he's better at run blocking than pass protection. But I think Kelly is gonna get cut because he's been terrible, and the RG spot might as well have a hole there. LT isn't settled but they just need to play the rookie they drafted and live with the ups and downs there.

At this point I'm fine with losing since that means better draft position and starting over. I think Reich can still be a good coach but he needs a change of scenery and the team needs a fresh voice and vision. Without a healthy JT and a good offensive line they have zero identity, and they have too much talent to be this bad.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Matt Pryor was personally responsible for the first 3 sacks. It wasn't even a complex blitz or anything, just a standard T E stunt. He literally cannot. Move his feet. It got slightly better as the day went from Fries, but they also cannot catch passes. Kylen Granson is a TE who can't catch passes or block.

The Colts have fallen in love with players, and they need to reevaluate and look at actual performance. Faycson is poor, Granson and Pryor need cut. Just let the next guy up play. How much worse can it get? They're already the worst scoring team in the league, and they're squandering a defense which is much better than I expected. They're basically held the Patriots without an offensive TD (it was a short TD after a blocked punt) and lost. They lost to the Titans despite not giving up an offensive TD. They need to let people play.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

this rules

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
MALIK IS A PRIMETIME PLAYER WE HAVE OUR FUTURE

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pretending I saw this first half coming

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Big Malik

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Big Malik

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

big d

defense, I mean ofc

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

me watching texans v titans: lol why celebrate this defense, it's playing one of the shittiest teams in the league

me watching chiefs v titans: well i guess this defense is good after all

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titans need a fuckin wide receiver, man. just one would be an improvement

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Titans need a fuckin wide receiver, man. just one would be an improvement

Also can we scheme a wr open for once lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021