Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

Frozen banana in a smoothie is the way to go

Eh. I love the texture bananas bring but they also tend to overwhelm with their flavor.

Which isn’t always bad but isn’t always desired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Smugworth posted:

Get some kimchi op. Jongga, the one with two "g"s. Avoid other brands.

As a pasty white boy, I am intrigued by kimchi, but know nothing about it. Does it have to be prepared or heated in any way before consumption? Or just dig in like you would coleslaw?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Orvin posted:

As a pasty white boy, I am intrigued by kimchi, but know nothing about it. Does it have to be prepared or heated in any way before consumption? Or just dig in like you would coleslaw?

It can be eaten literally any way. You can just dig in, or eat it as a side, or cook it in a dish.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's a pickle!

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Orvin posted:

Eat it straight out the jar to help your poops. If you cook it the probiotics die but the taste mellows out. Just like sauerkraut. Made a bangin kimchi jigae (stew) the other day with jongga.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

That’s all good to know. I might try picking up a jar of the stuff. See if I get past the first round with it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yeah just eat it out of the drat jar

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Basically just make some barbecue and eat it as a nice side dish as a sort of palette cleanser

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jongga (the one with two "g"s) comes with the wide mouth jar so you can shovel more down your gullet at once

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 5, 2022

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Smugworth posted:

Jongga (the one with two "g"s) comes with the wide mouth jar so you can shovel more down your gullet at once

This is the weirdest gimmick I’ve ever seen. Is there a doppelgänger of you who’s this deranged about sauerkraut?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

stretch and wrap your lips around the opening of the wide mouth container like an HR Giger painting and just let the entire container just chug down your throat

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

The Kirkland hoodie and sweatshirt are available to order on the site again

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
I feel like a villain when I use my expired member ship card to bypass door checkers to get to the holy hot dogs

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Soggy Muffin posted:

I feel like a villain when I use my expired member ship card to bypass door checkers to get to the holy hot dogs

This is normal behavior. Once you dog out, you can't stop.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

This is the weirdest gimmick I’ve ever seen. Is there a doppelgänger of you who’s this deranged about sauerkraut?

Oh you're new here I see

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Disappointed they don't have the eddie bauer waffle lounge wear anymore. Still managed to spend $430 on accident.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I can't eat kimchi, it makes me feel super terrible / fatigued / foggy and I'm not sure why :( it's one of my favorite foods too

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
twas a good day.

eggwraps were the impulse buy.

(going back tomorrow because i forgot TP/towels :negative: )

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

thats a lot of mustard!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

its also the kind that turned obama gay, be careful bud...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kinda small tv

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Kinda small tv

Wendigee posted:

thats a lot of mustard!

*rolls up window of Rolls Royce and peels out*

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You’re supposed to transport TVs vertically and you definitely shouldn’t put weight on them that TV is ruined, the picture will never be as good as it should be.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ill just return it if its borked idgaf bitvch

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soggy Muffin posted:

Do you people not just walk in from the exit? I did that back when I had no card to go to the food court / pharmacy / buy beer for friends, but now that I have a card again I still go in that way and cross backwards through the registers, way faster because I don't have to show the card on the way in. Just walk with purpose.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

Do you people not just walk in from the exit? I did that back when I had no card to go to the food court / pharmacy / buy beer for friends, but now that I have a card again I still go in that way and cross backwards through the registers, way faster because I don't have to show the card on the way in. Just walk with purpose.

My local Costco has people watching the exit now, too, so you'd have to get lucky to sneak in that way. That started when they made the food court require a membership card - they didn't used to seem to care.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

At mine as long as you're just holding a dog and drink or pizza slice, they don't care

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My local Costco has people watching the exit now, too, so you'd have to get lucky to sneak in that way. That started when they made the food court require a membership card - they didn't used to seem to care.

Wait what? The food court requiring membership? Mine doesn't and I've never heard of that before.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

Wait what? The food court requiring membership? Mine doesn't and I've never heard of that before.

It might not be something strictly enforced at every store, but it's been in place here for the last year or two.

https://people.com/food/costcos-food-court-membership/

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It might not be something strictly enforced at every store, but it's been in place here for the last year or two.

https://people.com/food/costcos-food-court-membership/

That's insane to me, like the food court is what got me thinking to get a membership in the first place. Well they definitely don't have that, or checking cards at the exit, in Boston.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bird with big dick posted:

You’re supposed to transport TVs vertically and you definitely shouldn’t put weight on them that TV is ruined, the picture will never be as good as it should be.

Nobody ever brings their new TVs home vertically transported

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Soggy Muffin posted:

We need a charitable arm that gifts memberships to those in need.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Nobody ever brings their new TVs home vertically transported

The benefit of renting a cargo van to bring your new TV home vertically is you can also bring a lot of Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi home.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Vertically transporting TVs was really important for plasmas because the screen could delaminate if you drove it around when it was laying down. I’ve never heard of that being a thing for LCDs/OLEDs.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

david_a posted:

Vertically transporting TVs was really important for plasmas because the screen could delaminate if you drove it around when it was laying down. I’ve never heard of that being a thing for LCDs/OLEDs.

lol god plasma tv was such a bad stopgap technology and I'm glad it's dead!

foodcourt chat: in ABQ, NM they've always had people watching the entrance and exit, and they started locking the door next to the exit where you came in for customer service after the food court change. Gotta walk into the entrance and cut through the registers to go to customer service now.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

my local 'co has the food court outside so no need for id checkers

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

halokiller posted:

The best kind, the inside ones are always weird to me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

halokiller posted:

Mine is also outside and every so often they will ask for the membership card. No rhyme or reason as to why or when though from what I’ve seen.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Grilled cheese with jongga that's been unopened in the fridge for 2 months and Kirkland marble cheddar. Godly and economical rainy day lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Zero VGS posted:

theyre not even korean, too, lol