Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
😭😭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/HeckinGoodDogs/status/1587565239691771908?t=DPBMRd-IPGOgLMsIocIK3w&s=19

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Thank you for sharing your good dogs everyone :unsmith:

Major fell asleep on a big fluffy blanket eating an entire pint of peanut butter cup ice cream while I stroked his ears. I’m thankful that I could make it so easy on him when it was such a hard decision for me. He really was the best of mans.

Happy trails, Major.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/TodoDiaUrsos/status/1588272600635305984

:tbear:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wow, THE Doge is still alive? What a good dog.

Major fell asleep on a big fluffy blanket eating an entire pint of peanut butter cup ice cream while I stroked his ears. I’m thankful that I could make it so easy on him when it was such a hard decision for me. He really was the best of mans.

That sucks, man. What happened to him to cause this?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

But srs though that dog brought me so much joy. I remember being at my old crappy job years ago killing time refreshing this thread and seeing his handsome face.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Captain Invictus posted:

wow, THE Doge is still alive? What a good dog.

That sucks, man. What happened to him to cause this?

He was a 14.5 year old Saint Bernard mix mainly. He had geriatric onset laryngeal paralysis and polyneuropathy (golpp) so he struggled to breathe when it was hot or he exercised too hard (at all in recent times) and was losing function of his hind legs so he fell a lot. Last winter was really hard for him with all the falling and struggling to get through the deep snow. I decided not to wait until he went down for good or hurt himself falling and had him put to sleep on a beautiful fall day when he could still walk in on his own. He had bad anxiety so this way everything could be planned to make it as easy as possible for him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

He was a 14.5 year old Saint Bernard mix mainly. He had geriatric onset laryngeal paralysis and polyneuropathy (golpp) so he struggled to breathe when it was hot or he exercised too hard (at all in recent times) and was losing function of his hind legs so he fell a lot. Last winter was really hard for him with all the falling and struggling to get through the deep snow. I decided not to wait until he went down for good or hurt himself falling and had him put to sleep on a beautiful fall day when he could still walk in on his own. He had bad anxiety so this way everything could be planned to make it as easy as possible for him.
ahhhh, I thought he was 12 years old, not 14.5, 12 is approaching but not quite elderly for a lot of dogs, but 14.5 is really old. like the difference between 70 and 80 for humans. Didn't realize he was part saint bernard, the photos made him look (mostly :v: ) like a particularly regal mutt.

I wasn't judging you for the decision, just wondering if there was a particular instigator, is all. for our dog Rosie, she was a 19 year old doberman/mastiff mix that was still surprisingly spry until she developed a tumor behind her eyeball that both caused her immense pain and also clearly was starting to invade her brain, the decision was much easier that way, rather than having to gauge whether it was time or not based on general declining health.

You look to have given him about as amazing a life as he could have ever had, so be proud of that.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 09:54 on Nov 4, 2022

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

:cry:

He couldn't have had a gentler end :unsmith:.

I've had to let dogs go several times, and it is so much harder to do it when there isn't a specific crisis, just a general decline that is slowly making life too painful, but it's just the right thing to do, even though it hurts so much.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Good boy.

:gbsmith:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:rip: Major, another great boy laid to rest.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
RIP the best one

e,c:
https://i.imgur.com/TCNUy29.mp4

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 16:36 on Nov 4, 2022

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Pookah posted:

:cry:

He couldn't have had a gentler end :unsmith:.

I've had to let dogs go several times, and it is so much harder to do it when there isn't a specific crisis, just a general decline that is slowly making life too painful, but it's just the right thing to do, even though it hurts so much.

Yeah, lost my dog Bo last month, developed Cushings but we didn't catch it until too late because we just thought he was "getting old". Wound up going downhill right after the diagnosis and died right before we could euthanize him. Truth be told, I'm still hurting from when I put the dog before him (Smokey) down (sucks having memories of Smokey going limp in my arms replace all the good stuff in my memories too much :smith:) so I can't help but feel like Bo did that just so I wouldn't need to experience that again. God bless you buddy.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

MadDogMike posted:

Yeah, lost my dog Bo last month, developed Cushings but we didn't catch it until too late because we just thought he was "getting old". Wound up going downhill right after the diagnosis and died right before we could euthanize him. Truth be told, I'm still hurting from when I put the dog before him (Smokey) down (sucks having memories of Smokey going limp in my arms replace all the good stuff in my memories too much :smith:) so I can't help but feel like Bo did that just so I wouldn't need to experience that again. God bless you buddy.

You know the one thing Bo knew for an absolute fact is that you loved him.
He was never in any doubt that his family loved him.
He knew he was loved, he knew you only ever wanted him to be safe and well.
Gentle old boy went to sleep knowing he was loved beyond measure.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Going out at a ripe old age happy gorging on ice cream surrounded by loved ones sounds like a pretty perfect way to go fwiw Jellyfish.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
You know when they give you the whole pint, something is up...

Love you, Major. May your future herds be safe under your watch and your naps ever uninterrupted.

ILL Machina has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Nov 5, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/qjqEIzR.mp4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Major will forever be an icon of Pet Island. He will be missed very much!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

code:
https://i.imgur.com/gU6Fpwf.gifv
Edited due to potential photosensitivity

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Nov 5, 2022

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

My best friend had to put her husky down a couple years back & he was about the same age as Major. It was tough but he had similar mobility issues & got to the point he couldn't walk/stand up to go outside, so my friend knew it was time. It was gut-wrenching but we spent a solid 4-5 hours at the local vet giving him love & treats before letting him go.

I'll say this though: as hard as it was to be there & see him leave us, I wouldn't change it for anything. Glad we were both there to make his journey a safe & stress-free one.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Cartoon Man posted:

Very unhealthy stuff.

I know you just find and link cute and funny stuff you find on the internet. Nothing bad about that.
I also enjoy the vast majority of the things you link.
This one however is seriously messing with my photo-sensitive epilepsy.
Could I bother you to put that one behind a spoiler with a warning or something?
It especially didn't help me that it was the second to last post, so I couldn't just quickly scroll down past it (scrolling up took me a few seconds to remember was an option).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SerthVarnee posted:

I know you just find and link cute and funny stuff you find on the internet. Nothing bad about that.
I also enjoy the vast majority of the things you link.
This one however is seriously messing with my photo-sensitive epilepsy.
Could I bother you to put that one behind a spoiler with a warning or something?
It especially didn't help me that it was the second to last post, so I couldn't just quickly scroll down past it (scrolling up took me a few seconds to remember was an option).

Done, no worries.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Much appreciated.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
(Feeders were recently painted).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/____B_S____/status/1588735151026343939

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Not much of a game, but I wouldn't tease the barely-tamed killing machine for very long either

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Dude was fully bamboozled though. Full game, ascension 0. He'll work it out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That 2nd attempt was clearly just a guess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/iaTRgUp.mp4

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Daenerys is almost a normal cat now.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

You’re not supposed to get your Furby wet.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/CatWorkers/status/1589172901257048064

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Excuse me, Messi is not a giant mountain lion, he is about 60% body size because he has lifelong health problems, and the Russian couple who are his people take very good care of him.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Cats with jobs
Cats with jobs
Taking over
But they won’t be long

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

There has been some good bodega cat names, but "Turska baklava Angela Merkel" is a bit of an odd one

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Halka" works tho.

"Turska baklava Angela Merkel" is more like a fancy pedigree name, you would just call her "Angela".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Cats with jobs
Cats with jobs
Taking over
But they won’t be long

I had the original song going through my head all of the sudden and couldn’t figure out why. Now I know. Thanks!