Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1589106898481033217

I guess i was right by accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah well I was right on purpose about it being not great that the Leafs only had three goalies with NHL contracts! I'm ready for the Keith & Kallgren show tho!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/spokedz/status/1589127020096933892?s=46&t=o7iFKgthP5jBIljtKT26bA

Thoughts?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Suspend him. And fire Paul Maurice. This team sucks so loving much compared to last year. It's unbelievable.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
To be honest I can't tell if that's genuinely on purpose or not. It looks bad in slow-mo, but it's also literally a fraction of a second as he's being pushed by the LA defenseman. I think it's possible it was an accident, but it's Tkachuk so you never know I guess. I'd probably lean a bit more towards "he did it on purpose" but if this was a crime I wouldn't be confident enough to convict him of anything.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

this rules, Jon Quick (and all goalies) are hysterical whiners. the real shameful thing was Bob not skating down at the end of the game when there was a scrum and Quick grabbed a FLA player. you have to keep it even, Cloutier-Salo style.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1589120621950427138

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.
Being a Canucks fan is awesome.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Captain Geech posted:

Being a Canucks fan is awesome.

On the bright side, blowing that 3 goal lead ensured they wouldn't separate too much from the bottom of the pack -- they're still in 27th by P%, well inside lottery range.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

spotted the legendary six-hole tonight

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The pens should simply just pick up a guy like Hagel, imo

https://twitter.com/Chris_Krenn/status/1589072867450556416?s=20&t=UU68yRIJ2zxL_l9O_Ew9PQ

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Speaking of lines on a roll, Wood-McLeod-Bastian has been killing it as an energy fourth line with offensive pop. Zetterlund continues to fit right in.

Devils were up and down last night but they found a way to win against a very good team. They hit multiple posts too.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

neoaxd posted:

I think the Canadiens found the right spot for Dach by putting him on the wing with Suzuki and Caufield. 7 points in 4 games since being put on that line and he's been good at retrieving the puck for them.
Let the kids loose together!

It’s nice that the line is rolling but they really need Dach to turn in to a competent center who can drive play on his own line and he ain’t gonna get that figured out playing wing in the top line.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Agreed, they should also trade two 1st rounders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

Speaking of lines on a roll, Wood-McLeod-Bastian has been killing it as an energy fourth line with offensive pop. Zetterlund continues to fit right in.

Devils were up and down last night but they found a way to win against a very good team. They hit multiple posts too.

Calgary really tried to bully them too and they didn't fold like Devils teams the last few years would have.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It was annoying me a bit that Dano kept saying the Devils were looking to steal a point or whatever. Calgary had a good push in the second but the Devils should have won that in regulation. Powerplay was just absolute garbage and it almost cost them a point.

e: holy poo poo does Columbus really have a 6% PP with Gaudreau and Laine?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 6, 2022

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

The Dirty Burger posted:

Agreed, they should also trade two 1st rounders

COUNTERPOINT: Cal Foote was our last first round pick

Lmao, let’s look at the lightning first round pick history:

2022: Isaac Howard (wore a cool suit one time)
2019: Nolan Foote (can’t make the devils team)
2017: Cal Foote (just lost his job to a sixth round pick)
2016: Brett Howden (at least he pissed off rags fans)
2014: Tony deangelo (Mitchell Miller role model)
2013: jon drouin
2012: slater koekkoek

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
hockey is fuckin dumb

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Wonderllama posted:

COUNTERPOINT: Cal Foote was our last first round pick

Lmao, let’s look at the lightning first round pick history:

2022: Isaac Howard (wore a cool suit one time)
2019: Nolan Foote (can’t make the devils team)
2017: Cal Foote (just lost his job to a sixth round pick)
2016: Brett Howden (at least he pissed off rags fans)
2014: Tony deangelo (Mitchell Miller role model)
2013: jon drouin
2012: slater koekkoek

Stop drafting Footes

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

T-Bone posted:

e: holy poo poo does Columbus really have a 6% PP with Gaudreau and Laine?

Laine was injured for 2 weeks but yes. And until the Finland games their PP was 0%

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I cannot wait until drouin is no longer on the Habs

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's just crazy looking at how the Devils play and then slotting Gaudreau in there. Man that would have been nasty. Woulda cost them Palat and made things sketchy long term with guys coming off of ELCs, but I think they still could have fit Bratt fine.

Oh well. Zetterlund is looking like another late round lottery ticket for the Devils. With him and a healthy Palat the Devils actually have really solid wing depth for the first time in forever. Not sure what they're gonna do about Holtz. He's not ready but I'd be reallllly hesitant to move him unless it's like for a signed Meier or something, and that seems like a pipe dream.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 6, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If they are still in solid playoff position after the new year they really need to make a big move for someone like Meier and go for it.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Of the top 20 point scorers right now, three are Canadian and three are Arizonian.

USA 5 (MI, AZ, AZ, AZ, CO)
Sweden 4
Canada 3 (ON, ON, NS)
Finland 3
Czech Rep 2
Rus/USSR 2
Germany 1

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I could see them moving their first maybe if they're in a really good position, but Holtz and Nemec should be untouchable unless Meier or someone like that is coming the other way signed at a reasonable cap hit which seems super unlikely. In the cap era, it's such a huge benefit to have contributors on ELCs. If Nemec, Holtz, and Luke Hughes are ready for real minutes next year, that's going to allow them to carry much needed veteran depth at forward.

Every time I hear Devils fans ready to move on from Holtz I think of Martin Erat for Filip Forsberg. Not saying Holtz is ever gonna be close to Forsberg, but he had such a great season in the AHL last year. I would imagine he goes back down soon. I'm sure they didn't want to make a move during the Western Canada trip, but I don't see the point of keeping him up any longer.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 6, 2022

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

did he stop it?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

They can lean on injuries if they want an excuse but I think I’ve seen enough of Laviolette to know he isn’t the guy going forward. Too much focus on Playing Hard and a lovely offensive zone system that relies way too much on the defensemen and doesn’t create any quality opportunities in front of the net. Their goaltenders have been good to great and they are still only 5-6-2 and just lost to Arizona at home.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I agree re: T-Bone about Holtz. Holtz/Nemec/Hughes should be untouchable. The Devils are in a great cap position after this year. Holtz might need a year or two but giving up on him would be short-sighted.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fawning deference posted:

I agree re: T-Bone about Holtz. Holtz/Nemec/Hughes should be untouchable. The Devils are in a great cap position after this year. Holtz might need a year or two but giving up on him would be short-sighted.

They aren't gonna get Meier for just the 1st though.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah, but I also agree that they should not include him unless Meier can be signed to a good deal and not mess with the Devils' cap situation or ability to extend Bratt.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah to go full HF if Meier can be extended I make that deal. But I'm not sure he reasonably can with their current cap structure.

Although I guess if they're still playing at like a .700 points % in March everything gets crazy. Kinda doubt they're that good though. They're a good bet to make the playoffs but who knows otherwise.

Also just Palat coming back will be a big boost for the forward group, or maybe Holtz goes down, tears up the AHL again and he's a solid late season call up. Luke Hughes would be available for the playoffs Makar style!

e: god Luke Hughes instead of Brendan loving Smith

Relevant Ruff quote from before the Calgary game:

quote:

As the season progresses, so does Ruff’s outlook on his team. He’s desperately trying to bring New Jersey its first postseason berth since 2018 and thinks this year’s roster can do it. He doesn’t have much say in personnel decisions, but if the upward trend continues, Ruff believes Fitzgerald should buy at the trade deadline on March 3.

“If you’re having a great year, that’s always an option,” Ruff said. “It’s always been an option on teams I’ve coached. If you can put yourself in a really good position and you feel like you can play with the best teams and you’ve proven that up to that point, a lot of times you do try to make yourself better.”

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 6, 2022

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mind_Taker posted:

They can lean on injuries if they want an excuse but I think I’ve seen enough of Laviolette to know he isn’t the guy going forward. Too much focus on Playing Hard and a lovely offensive zone system that relies way too much on the defensemen and doesn’t create any quality opportunities in front of the net. Their goaltenders have been good to great and they are still only 5-6-2 and just lost to Arizona at home.

OTOH with all the injuries it's not as though there's a strong enough group there to do a post-firing surge. There was a question whether they had the roster to make the playoffs with just Wilson and Backstrom out. Now... I guess it depends how seriously Orlov is hurt.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Happy 9th anniversary to the Human Sabre-pede.

https://twitter.com/JoeYerdon/status/1589302067260428288?s=20&t=SyhQuIwShbYSjVuiOhzTXg

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/eustaceking/status/1589285467119554560?s=46&t=W5jjJmord_7WvaSYoT7vag

Lot of words to say that he hasn’t apologized to his victim beyond PR statements

e: reading some replies, most of his volunteering mentioned here was court-ordered lmao

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I cannot wait until drouin, hoffman and dadonov are no longer on the Habs

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Josh Anderson is getting a spin of the DoPS wheel of justice. I'm betting on $5K fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

e: reading some replies, most of his volunteering mentioned here was court-ordered lmao

A literal Office joke.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/eustaceking/status/1589285467119554560?s=46&t=W5jjJmord_7WvaSYoT7vag

Lot of words to say that he hasn’t apologized to his victim beyond PR statements

I haven't been to a Providence game yet this season but if he plays I'll gladly pick up some tickets along behind the bench and dump my beer on him when he heads down the tunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Maybe dump a bag of opened lollipops on him.