Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

quote:

Nach Unterlagen des Bundesnachrichtendiensts gründete Schnez zusammen mit rund 2000 ehemaligen Wehrmachts- und Waffen-SS-Offizieren die sogenannte Schnez-Truppe mit dem Ziel, rund 40.000 Mann für den Fall eines sowjetischen Angriffs auf die Bundesrepublik oder für den Fall eines Bürgerkriegs gegen Kommunisten zu aktivieren. Die Organisation der Truppe begann 1949 ohne Wissen von Bundesregierung, Öffentlichkeit und Westalliierten.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Schnez

Man the early BRD was wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Schnez? More like Scherz

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

Mano posted:

Schnez? More like Scherz

Das ist ja wohl ein schnezter Scherz!

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Yeah, good to know that nazis working together with military/ex-military to form clandestine cells in preperation for a civil war is something we no longer have to worry about, unlike in the early BRD.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Man, this is a rabbit hole. Apparently Konrad Adenauer finally learned 1951 of the existence of the "Schnez-Truppe", despite it being quite openly financed by donations from German companies. At least he immediately put this Proto-Bundeswehr under observation by the Proto-BND, :lol:

Apparently Schnez mellowed out a lot, since after the foundation of the Bundeswehr, he just went and lead the real army instead of his super-secret one.

Reminds me of all the illegal militias that cropped up in Iraq after the US just dismantled the entire political apparatus and send everyone home.

I'm fairly certain Germany would have gone down the same bloody path without Ex-generals and officers beings absorbed into the new army. After all, it's a proud tradition of military personnel to just immediately change sides to the new guy if they offer them money and a purpose. See all those staunch supporters of the Czar, who suddenly were willing to high-five Lenin and became the foundation of the Red Army. :v:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
I went hiking in the Sauerland this weekend, and holy poo poo, does the Fichte situation look dire. Just logged wood and huge barren patches everywhere.

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
It takes a generation but Laub & Mischwald can make a resurgence, and Fichtenmonokultur isn’t a great look even if it’s healthy.

Agree that it looks pretty terrible.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Serendipitaet posted:

It takes a generation but Laub & Mischwald can make a resurgence, and Fichtenmonokultur isn’t a great look even if it’s healthy.

Agree that it looks pretty terrible.

For a while, but climate change is cruel. Most of Germany, especially the south, will end up in the middle of a continent-spanning desert in 1-2 centuries. And most of the northern part will end up inside the North Sea.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I went hiking in the Sauerland this weekend, and holy poo poo, does the Fichte situation look dire. Just logged wood and huge barren patches everywhere.

It is time we hold the Borkenkäfer accountable for its crimes

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

hiking in the Sauerland

why though, you know you can teleport there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iw4s6aRUaQ

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

This is how it looked like.

Thanks for the musical tip though

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

This is how it looked like.

Thanks for the musical tip though

Nice, but needs a few dunes imo

genericnick fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 7, 2022

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Wonder what'd grow there if you just left it alone. At some point it should arrive at Buchenmischwald or something but at first there should be some neat stuff popping up.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

There's a science project going in here where a couple of Acker got pachted from Bauern by...the Land, I assume. Idea was to bring out a mixture of seeds that could be used for biosprit and stuff, and basically leave it alone for twenty years. No human intervention whatsoever. See what dominates. The pretty beautiful first year with all kinds of sunflowers and bunch of other colorful wild flowers was quickly followed by the Windbestäuber taking over super quickly.

Of course some dipshits revolted against it, as - to them - it became a "schandfleck" in the Landschaft. Poor people having to look at acres of not-flowers while walking their dogs at the local Hunderennbahn. During the third year I was pretty sure the Brombeeren would overtake it, as they do with nearly every Ackerfläche nearby that's no longer cared about (smaller areas, where apparently the Landwirtschaftsgesetze either don't apply or basically nobody calls the Ordnungsamt or whoever such people call in such a case).

Since then it's really interesting how these areas develop from year to year. The brombeere actually didn't even take a good hold. At the moment, it's whatever kind of windbestäubtes Gestrüpp, that's bursting with Dammwild using it to shelter and raise their youngs, to the point that hunting grounds had to be created to keep the sudden explosion in population at bay. This year, a lot of sightings of pretty rare Feldhamster occured, coupled with a rise in Greifvögel using the area more and more as hunting grounds (those Hamster sure make quite the noise once a Habicht catches them).

It's in year six now I think, and at least to me very interesting to witness this development. It's just Ackerfläche, no woods, but drat is nature fast in retaking and reshaping these flat areas. Puts a smile on my face each time I wander around in these Felder.

e: it's allowed to spazieren there. I usually check if I catch some of my bees in there, but nope, nearly 100% windbestäubt.

tuo fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 7, 2022

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That's very cool

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I would be mildly interested to see a Zeitraffer of that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Might have hosed up on that since I didn't really take enough pictures or from the same angle/same frame. But I know the Bauer who owns three of these Äcker plus the one who is responsible for seed distribution (the correct terms doesn't come to mind at the moment...Saatgutverwaltungsbehörde???). Need to get some Kartoffeln anyway, I'll ask if they or the people running the experiment can share some images.

e: might also add: these Äcker are next to a fuckton of Raps each year, followed by lots of crops of Obstbäume nearby, that's the main attraction for the local Bestäuberinsekten, so that might play a role why blooming plants didn't really survive the first year...all the Bestäuber faul abhängend in the brechend volle Rapsfelder.

tuo fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 8, 2022

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Klebrige Klimakleber kleben klebenden Kleber auf Straße. Frau tot. Ulf Detlef Bockwurstman(59) aus Bottrop sagt auf Facebook dazu "Alle einsperren! Da beißt die Maus kein Faden ab, die müssen wech!" Heute im Studio ist der Bayerischen Polizeisprecher und der VW Pressevertreter um mit uns über die Sache zu diskutieren.

Oh ffs, just shoot me already, I hate this idiot country so much sometimes

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I guess it's time to post this again?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

aphid_licker posted:

Wonder what'd grow there if you just left it alone. At some point it should arrive at Buchenmischwald or something but at first there should be some neat stuff popping up.

Not really. You will only get poo poo like Haselnuss and other Sträuchers. If you want to grow a forest you have to plant the trees, with the right distances and the right mix. After like 10 years of caretaking you can finally wait for another 50 years to harvest something if you are lucky. gently caress forests, there is just no money in it anymore.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

That's a Forst op, Wald is what all this land would be naturally covered in if it weren't for us naked apes.

Of course, a proper Wald takes some decades or centuries to develop, and there may well be an oops, all Brombeeren phase involved at some point.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Oh no Brombeeren that would be terrible :ninja:

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

GABA ghoul posted:

Oh ffs, just shoot me already, I hate this idiot country so much sometimes
Most efficient way to save a lot of CO2

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Happy German 9/11 :toot:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Remember, remember, elfter September :toot:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Man, lowtax offing himself on the Schicksalstag is really weird and specific

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

aphid_licker posted:

Oh no Brombeeren that would be terrible :ninja:

Sick brer rabbit reference

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Der 9.11. scheint echt so ein Schicksalstag zu sein

https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/s...88-5a6151eafa52

e: semi related

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
The evil SPD is making the innocent Green party do bad things again!

https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/stromnetz-transnet-verkauf-101.html

It is great to see that on their own, the Greens will stick to their principles at all cost and protect Kritische Infrastrukturen

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 10, 2022

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I still have no idea how my favourite Döner place is still 5 EUR. It's an old couple, with a way too big place for a regular Döner Bude, so I can only assume it might not be their only field of income. Only Döner place around that I know that hasn't increased their price in the last three years.

"They wouldn't touch their Falaffel-recipe to save cost" I tell myself while waiting in line while I make "lalala" noises in my head.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

tuo posted:

I still have no idea how my favourite Döner place is still 5 EUR. It's an old couple, with a way too big place for a regular Döner Bude, so I can only assume it might not be their only field of income. Only Döner place around that I know that hasn't increased their price in the last three years.

"They wouldn't touch their Falaffel-recipe to save cost" I tell myself while waiting in line while I make "lalala" noises in my head.

That Döner is people, op.

Specifically, debt collectors who come knocking at that couple's door.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

When I lived in Berlin a big ol' döner with Käse was still 3 euro. Good times.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Most Döner here still seem to be 4.5€ :Crying Bundeskrähe:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Drone posted:

döner with Käse

wtf

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Schafskäse.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Döner quattro formaggi

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Schafskäse instead of meat is insanely op, especially in a Dürüm

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Zwille posted:

Döner quattro formaggi

I saw this in my head lol

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

If there’s Döner Pizza there should be pizzadöner too imo

Döner tonno
Döner funghi (actually falafel dream in Wedding does this sorta)
Döner spinaci
Döner frutti di mare
Döner döner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Döner Hawaii or bust :colbert: