Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
TIL that you can flip a Sleeper back and forth between modes to fizzle Cut Down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....why would you flip it "back and forth"? Once it hits 3/3, it's safe, right? I have popped the B cost to bring it back down from a 4/4 to a 3/3 to dodge a Destroy Evil once, but that's about it.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Eikre posted:

I tell you, Touch the Spirit Realm is slated to do the most work it ever has.

Or the golden boat, I'm trying to work out if its a deck or not

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
New set looks cool

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Super excited for this limited set. Gonna get some practice in on MTGA and then go to my local shop Friday and (hopefully) own bones!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I really am going to need to make go-wide Soldier tribal in constructed when this set drops because rescue retreiver :3

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Anyone else having lots of crashing issues and hanging at black screen on the mobile app?

More than a few months ago, anyway

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SwissArmyDruid posted:

....why would you flip it "back and forth"? Once it hits 3/3, it's safe, right? I have popped the B cost to bring it back down from a 4/4 to a 3/3 to dodge a Destroy Evil once, but that's about it.

That's what I meant, that it isn't just a level up, you can change it back down a level

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
When prototype creatures are on the battlefield, is their Mana Value the prototype cost or the full mana cost?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Finally, I've gotten to "go off"... think this is the first time this season lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mike N Eich posted:

When prototype creatures are on the battlefield, is their Mana Value the prototype cost or the full mana cost?

whichever version is on the field is the one it has all the characteristics of, including the mana value

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

Thanks for this, this deck got 3 wins in rapid succession with only a couple mythic WCs used - and all on cards that were worth crafting anyway.

Glad you liked it, I like messing around in singleton formats and temporary metas but I'm v glad the thread is here for ppl who just wanna click "Play" any given midweek.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mike N Eich posted:

the prototype cost, colour too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good god, mono black is so infuriating right now. Just infinite bullshit, always, all the time

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

precision posted:

Good god, mono black is so infuriating right now. Just infinite bullshit, always, all the time

I have bad news of how brothers war appears to be shaping up

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

precision posted:

Anyone else think Invoke Despair is going to be banned after Steuer's win? Up till now I had thought it impossible to play outside monoblack, but this dude jammed it into Grixis, with 22 of 26 lands providing B.

EDIT: Also Fable of the Mirror Dude. That card is showing up in absolutely every deck ever.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 6, 2022

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I know that I really enjoy casting Invoke Despair because it’s so appropriately named.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am resolved to play the stupidest Grixis deck ever.

It will exist solely so that I can do Sol'kanar + Fateful Handoff shenanigans.

edit: this will also give me the things that I need to play corpse explosion.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 6, 2022

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Or when you have no cards in hand and top deck an Invoke Despair in the perfect situation...

So good.

Not quite an Embercleave feel but somewhere in that realm.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

How only meathook got banned still escapes me. Invoke, Underdog, and Fable give a stupid amount of value and they're must-haves in any deck.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Question, as I examine this weird-rear end Grixis deck. Do Toxrill and Sludge Monster work together the way I think they do?

donotpost
Jul 28, 2022

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Question, as I examine this weird-rear end Grixis deck. Do Toxrill and Sludge Monster work together the way I think they do?

yeah

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

Anyone else having lots of crashing issues and hanging at black screen on the mobile app?

Yes, it's been crashing a ton more recently, using s ZFold2

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Anyone else think Invoke Despair is going to be banned after Steuer's win? Up till now I had thought it impossible to play outside monoblack, but this dude jammed it into Grixis, with 22 of 26 lands providing B.

EDIT: Also Fable of the Mirror Dude. That card is showing up in absolutely every deck ever.

No, clearly it was Meathook Massacre that was the problem.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

PhilippAchtel posted:

A lot of crashing on desktop, too. I have gotten used to quickly closing the program and clicking past the crash reporter to fire up a new copy before I rope out. Always seems to happen on my turn, though.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I hope so. I played a fuckload of Golgari in the previous standard and I've been trying to find a way to make it happen again.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I saw a funny Golgari deck in historic today, Angel of Suffering with 4 Gaea's blessing in the deck, and a bunch of instants to protect it with Hexproof/Indestructible. Sort of a cheaper Platinum Angel with access to better removal.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I dont miss meathook massacre one bit

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

fridge corn posted:

I dont miss meathook massacre one bit
Hard same

Every time it comes up in brawl it is just a little saddening.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you can ban a decks best sweeper and that deck is still insanely powerful, you might be WOTC

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
at least it can't be any worse than the last set

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

standard sucks so loving much

]
edit: lol played a loving match against azorius control that took 33 turns and 26 minutes and ended with me dying from empty library while they had 1 card in their library, there wasn't any milling involved, it was just them countering and exiling all my spells while they reshuffled them back in into their deck repeatedly, if there was an experience that was expressly designed to get me to physically harm someone while also giving up on magic forever it was that, i should have just ejected but it felt winnable for like 20 minutes and then it was sunk cost

i legitimately feel like my whole day has been bottled and i want to go back to sleep

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 6, 2022

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

maybe i'll just sit standard out until after the new set

Just putting this out there

For real content: I was looking through BRO and I don’t see what WotC was referencing in the meathook ban about tools to deal with black. Is Obstinate Baloth enough by itself to deal with Liliana and Graveyard Trespasser? It doesn’t interact with invoke despair, and I wouldn’t be surprised if black decks just start putting Baloth in the board for the mirror

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

]
edit: lol played a loving match against azorius control that took 33 turns and 26 minutes and ended with me dying from empty library while they had 1 card in their library, there wasn't any milling involved, it was just them countering and exiling all my spells while they reshuffled them back in into their deck repeatedly, if there was an experience that was expressly designed to get me to physically harm someone while also giving up on magic forever it was that, i should have just ejected but it felt winnable for like 20 minutes and then it was sunk cost

i legitimately feel like my whole day has been bottled and i want to go back to sleep

It was a recent CGB deck; Brokers colors, designed around Farewells and Devious Cover-Up

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Out of curiosity I made a mono black deck to test what I suspect and yes, you can get lots of people to scoop early just because mono B is so hated

I'm only running two invoke even lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

]

I dont play control and I dont play against control. If I'm up against a control deck and I dont have a decent board presence by turn 5 or whatever I'll just scoop and move on. I play the game to have fun and I'll have no fun in those matches even if I eventually end up winning

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

]

Scoop and move on, it's not worth playing out a half hour mirror control match for like... maximum of 1/20 of one quick draft.

When standard sucks play brawl.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

thespaceinvader posted:

Can't emphasize this enough. Historic Brawl and Explorer are so fun right now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

precision posted:

Out of curiosity I made a mono black deck to test what I suspect and yes, you can get lots of people to scoop early just because mono B is so hated

I'm only running two invoke even lol

are you playing in the unranked queue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

thespaceinvader posted:

This should be the thread title imho