Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The Dirty Burger posted:

Ryan Reynolds please buy the team and fire everybody, how is DJ Smith still coaching

last night was painful to watch, they def need some tactical tweaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Aphrodite posted:

A literal Office joke.

I don't need a judge to tell me to keep my community bully-free.

But he did though, right?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs color commentator Peter McNab has passed
https://twitter.com/AltitudeTV/status/1589347082992644097

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcbdBYuGTE

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

morningdrew posted:

I haven't been to a Providence game yet this season but if he plays I'll gladly pick up some tickets along behind the bench and dump my beer on him when he heads down the tunnel

Can you crowdfund this so we can get you a completely full gatorade keg to throw at this piece of poo poo?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/nhlplayersafety/status/1589371307929444352?s=46&t=3DW66VanszTDyjTwlsG8AA
That was quick

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

No it was Tkachuk, read the tweet dummy

I'm sorry, I had to

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 6, 2022

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

RIP, gonna be inconsolable when Mickey Redmond dies

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MoneyPuckdotcom/status/1589386109150076928

All 3 pairs in the top 12!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tinstaach posted:

No it was Tkachuk, read the tweet dummy

I'm sorry, I had to

I'm ashamed this took me a moment to get

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Petterson-Petry, lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Please tell me that isnt Jack Johnson and Seth Jones at #3.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Petterson-Petry, lol

They have been the better pairing and it's both problematic and hilarious.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Is that Jack Johnson and Seth Jones at #3 lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Six points in four days for the Red Wings, all against quality Eastern Conference opponents.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

AsInHowe posted:

Six points in four days for the Red Wings, all against quality Eastern Conference opponents.

kubalik and perron have looked incredible

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It sucks. He looked like he had beat the cancer when he was on TV this year.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bruins-issue-update-on-mitchell-miller/c-337296694

Talk about an unforced error for the ages. I can't remember a team shooting themselves in the foot in such a way. lol and lmao

It seems so easy to see the backlash coming that it blows my mind they went through with signing, and then...idk I guess un-signing this goblin

.Spec fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 7, 2022

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lmao

Lol

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
gently caress the Bruins forever and ever amen

Now release Mailloux Hughes

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
"New information"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
he didn't even last the weekend on the team. what a stupid loving bomb to drop on your organization. not a single person wanted him there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's good they backed out but loving lol that their "apology" revolves around admitting incompetence at using google.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Can we please now never hear the name Mitch Miller mentioned in hockey circles again?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
but can we talk about his wonderful big band records

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

quote:

To Isaiah and his family, my deepest apologies if this signing made you and other victims feel unseen and unheard. We apologize for the deep hurt and impact we have caused.
Bolding mine, is there a legal liability reason for such a poo poo-tier apology like this, it always makes my skin crawl when people say "if" something caused harm, it was a supremely lovely decision be sorry regardless

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Mike Works posted:

"New information"

I hope somebody presses that dumbass on this part of the statement. What new came to light besides the NHL and general publics reaction being so immediately negative?

Brutal look, and yet another Bruins front office guy that doesn’t take responsibility for the signing. Whose call was it lol

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

Can we please now never hear the name Mitch Miller mentioned in hockey circles again?

mennoknight posted:

but can we talk about his wonderful big band records

I thought he died from an overdose in 2018???

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
mitch Miller Christmas sing along is really good

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo: what an unnecessary disaster. “new information” just admits they were fine with him when he bullied a kid so hard it led to court but now he really crossed the line by having the gall to piss off fans, players, media, pretty much everybody....

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The corporate equivalent of "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm trying to remove it"

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I also love the "going with the group mentality of hurting others" at the very end, as though other nameless kids were the ringleaders and poor impressionable Mitch was just peer pressured into going along.

The whole thing is a magnificent achievement of "Jesus Christ you people are such babies, FINE" translated into ten paragraphs of weaselese.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Cam Neely posted:

Finally, as a father, I think there is a lesson to be learned here for other young people. Be mindful of careless behaviors and going with the group mentality of hurting others. The repercussions can be felt for a lifetime."

Careless behaviours like…rewarding an unrepentant racist bully with hundreds of thousands of dollars without vetting him at all :v:

I hope some sort of punishment is given to the Bruins, the front office can’t just all deny responsibility and hope it goes away, would send an awful message for the kind of change they’re trying to foster in the sport. Once again, gently caress Cam Neely

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's not Cam's fault Ulf Samuelsson murdered him and his brain doesn't work anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Still need to fire Neely and Sweeney, Jacobs.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 7, 2022

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.
Really says something about Sweeney and Neely for thinking they could ride this out and ultimately get away with it. They can play dumb all they want but the only "new information" they received was that most hockey fans don't have the same rock bottom standards they do.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

very sad. he was on TV last week and seemed like he was still doing ok. the Altitude broadcasts have usually been quite bad for their entire existence but McNab was always pretty good.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I tended to have a higher opinion of Sweeney than a lot of other Bruins fans but this whole thing definitely soured me on him. Neely has always been an idiot.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
So, does the racist bully still get his money? It was an AHL contact, are those guaranteed? It's kind of more hosed up if he just gets a large sum of money now and the Bruins should donate the same amount or more to the victim's family and charity. If Miller gets paid he should donate the entire amount if he wants anyone to believe he has any desire to ever redeem himself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It wasn’t an AHL contract, they were just assigning him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Dr Zaius posted:

So, does the racist bully still get his money? It was an AHL contact, are those guaranteed? It's kind of more hosed up if he just gets a large sum of money now and the Bruins should donate the same amount or more to the victim's family and charity. If Miller gets paid he should donate the entire amount if he wants anyone to believe he has any desire to ever redeem himself.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that yeah, the contract was signed, they have to pay him that money.

He has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't give a poo poo if anyone believes he has any desire to redeem himself.