Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Can't believe the Bills are gonna go winless in division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I haven’t watched more than 3 minutes of football in several years and certainly haven’t participated in TFF maybe ever, but my dad had tickets to Pats-Colts so I went and all I can say is it was an incredibly boring and frustrating game, Mac got a nice amount of boos, and I now know why Kraft is building an ultra-bougie season club hangout because it’s probably becoming very real to a lot of ticket holders that football is actually, on average and especially in New England, very boring and bad

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You went to one of the worst games of the past decade to be fair. But yeah football has a lot of potential to be completely dull, especially if you aren't invested in the result.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
At least you didn’t go to Rams Bucs!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'm absolutely going to get burned by this but: Denzel Mims gives the offense a dimension it has really lacked. He's a hell of a run blocker and he's just a physical presence who can win jump balls. I hope he keeps seeing meaningful snaps once Davis is back after the bye. He deserves it. And Moore is a total afterthought, so just give me Mims/Davis on the outside and WIlson in the slot and go from there.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 7, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The dolphins and the jets have never lost since gaining my fandom except for when the patriots beat thje jets. Let's go!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He's certainly got the physical ability to be good, he just has to catch stuff that doesn't hit him in the chest.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I'm absolutely going to get burned by this but: Denzel Mims gives the offense a dimension it has really lacked. He's a hell of a run blocker and he's just a physical presence who can win jump balls. I hope he keeps seeing meaningful snaps once Davis is back after the bye. He deserves it. And Moore is a total afterthought, so just give me Mims/Davis on the outside and WIlson in the slot and go from there.

They have to figure out a way to get Moore the ball. They are just letting that asset rot right now... Mims is playing a lot like Corey Davis did and he does the same things well.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

sirtommygunn posted:

Wilson played well today in a way that I think is unsustainable. He was throwing so quickly and forcefully that it feels like the coaching staff went "gently caress it! You can't read the field? Don't bother, just throw it as hard as you can and trust the receiver to make a play".

this turned out to be more or less true according to some report btw

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

They have to figure out a way to get Moore the ball. They are just letting that asset rot right now... Mims is playing a lot like Corey Davis did and he does the same things well.

He played 27 snaps today, so it's not like he wasn't getting any run. He's just never targeted, and I don't know if that's because he's not a primary read or WIlson just has zero chemistry with him or both. But I agree he needs to be the first or second read on more plays, especially when they're doing the quick game concepts.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Wish I had the all-22 so I could figure out if Moore isn't getting open or if he's just always the third option.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

He's certainly got the physical ability to be good, he just has to catch stuff that doesn't hit him in the chest.

I’d take a player like this

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

RustySeabutter posted:

this turned out to be more or less true according to some report btw

lol just turn him into budget Favre. Can't turn the ball over if you break the corner's fingers *taps finger on head*

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I thought Wilson looked pretty solid today (that isn't meant to be effusive praise fsif) so they should just keep doing the quick game stuff because it clearly works for him. And WIlson (Garrett) is such a quick separator that it's going to be hard to totally take that away from them. Also a place where Moore should factor in more frequently.

(Sucks that the NFL conspired against him by breaking the Spycam because he was doing some nice stuff before that happened.)

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 7, 2022

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

https://twitter.com/Kbreeze20/status/1589435719633997824?s=20&t=iRyh42CJR-d6wn1etSqKvA

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If Tua is healthy for Jets Phins pt 2 we are gonna have a kick rear end game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the bears people are gonna be insufferable

https://twitter.com/LeeDawg4/status/1561431161582235650

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

I thought Wilson looked pretty solid today (that isn't meant to be effusive praise fsif) so they should just keep doing the quick game stuff because it clearly works for him. And WIlson (Garrett) is such a quick separator that it's going to be hard to totally take that away from them. Also a place where Moore should factor in more frequently.

(Sucks that the NFL conspired against him by breaking the Spycam because he was doing some nice stuff before that happened.)

I mean yeah, "solid" is fair and that was one of his best performances. Still, if that's his ceiling that's pretty low and it'd be a median level performance from a Jimmy G or Teddy Bridgewater.

But his ceiling is apparently higher than Allen's floor!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

fsif posted:

Anyway going to die mad about how this season was supposed to be the one where the Bills get a major leg up over the Chiefs because of the BRUTAL AFC WEST and now this season happens.

I mean, if it's any consolation, the Chiefs appear to be getting overrun by the horde of King Henry right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/jbaileynfl/status/1589401332821430272?s=21&t=W61xTz9gagNDYi73gx6HLQ

This guy would rather the jets be 2-7

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think the Jets are locked into Wilson just because they make the playoffs. They might fail to get another QB but that's an entirely separate issue.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think if Zach is what he's been so far this season the rest of the year, but the Jets go to the playoffs, the Jets probably draft a guy day 2 and ride Zach for next year, if he doesn't take a Tua step forward, you see if you got something in the rookie.

At least I'd rather do that then throw stupid money at like Jimmy G or Teddy B

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
sorry about calling ya'll lunatics, its just funny you have your own mini GDT here. you're more than welcome to post in the main GDT especially since everyone in the AFCE is good this year (not you Pats, you suck).

Kalli posted:

I think if Zach is what he's been so far this season the rest of the year, but the Jets go to the playoffs, the Jets probably draft a guy day 2 and ride Zach for next year, if he doesn't take a Tua step forward, you see if you got something in the rookie.

At least I'd rather do that then throw stupid money at like Jimmy G or Teddy B

if Zach does more of what he did today, definitely keep him but this was the first time he's been smart, quick, and accurate so idk if its an aberration or he's figuring it out. keeping him one more year makes sense if he doesnt actively lose you games and no good qbs fall to you in the draft

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Regular GDT are for primetime games. Game days are for doom posting with my fellow overinvested AFCE bros.

Except as you mentioned, the Pats. gently caress them.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TheBizzness posted:

Regular GDT are for primetime games. Game days are for doom posting with my fellow overinvested AFCE bros.

Except as you mentioned, the Pats. gently caress them.
We’re insular and weird, like the hills of New Jersey.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

I mean yeah, "solid" is fair and that was one of his best performances. Still, if that's his ceiling that's pretty low and it'd be a median level performance from a Jimmy G or Teddy Bridgewater.

But his ceiling is apparently higher than Allen's floor!

I don't think that's his overall ceiling, but if his ceiling this year is Jimmy G who can uncork one every once in a while the Jets will be in solid enough shape down the stretch. But he'll have to string together more solid but unspectacular days like today for that to be the case. We'll see.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 7, 2022

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Going to bed at half time was the right call

Not going to blame the loss on injuries or anything because everyone gets them and so many other things went wrong today, but man did this team rely so much on Hyde/Poyer.

Also, when facing a qb that melts under pressure I'd like to see way less 4 man rushes than that. I know it's the Bills thing not to blitz but come on.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

sorry about calling ya'll lunatics

it's fine. we are lunatics.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Crazyweasel posted:

I haven’t watched more than 3 minutes of football in several years and certainly haven’t participated in TFF maybe ever, but my dad had tickets to Pats-Colts so I went and all I can say is it was an incredibly boring and frustrating game, Mac got a nice amount of boos, and I now know why Kraft is building an ultra-bougie season club hangout because it’s probably becoming very real to a lot of ticket holders that football is actually, on average and especially in New England, very boring and bad

You sound about right for the average Gillette attendee

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah so that was awesome to be at. Lots of unhappy Bills fans in attendance.

Jet defense held Diggs without a catch in the 2nd half. That’s pretty nuts to do. Legit think this is a top 3 unit in the league and it’s probably not 3.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Relentlessboredomm posted:

sorry about calling ya'll lunatics, its just funny you have your own mini GDT here. you're more than welcome to post in the main GDT especially since everyone in the AFCE is good this year (not you Pats, you suck).

We are AFC East "fanatics" and we love our AFC East, but we also post in the gdt we are that weird.

Of course why I'm posting here after yesterday must have to do with some inner masochistic tendencies.

Redeye Flight posted:

I mean, if it's any consolation, the Chiefs appear to be getting overrun by the horde of King Henry right now.

Kings don't matter when the other side has a red dragon.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

good morning afce thread, I hope you all have good mondays. just wanted to remind you all before you embark on your respective weeks: the new york jets own.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Really hoped Wilson flashed enough yesterday that even when he poops his pants the rest of the way out they give him another year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

After Randy Moss left NE their entire offense every season was literally nothing but draws, screens and short quick passes and a good running game. You can sustain winning football in the league playing the way Wilson did yesterday.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1589615273774305280

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Really hoped Wilson flashed enough yesterday that even when he poops his pants the rest of the way out they give him another year.
They’re giving him another year. He still has elite arm talent. He needs to get his head straight and process faster but there’s a lot to work with.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1589600366550999042

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Speaking of guys with huge potential that need some serious coaching, one of the phins major offseason projects needs to be figuring out how to mold Jaelen Phillips into the game wrecker he should be.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No, he's saying a solid roster is going to give an awful QB more chances than he deserves.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

No, he's saying a solid roster is going to give an awful QB more chances than he deserves.

https://twitter.com/actionjack69/status/1589398783334703104?s=46&t=bU5h0fzda6qZHERbg3vuyQ

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah so that was awesome to be at. Lots of unhappy Bills fans in attendance.

Jet defense held Diggs without a catch in the 2nd half. That’s pretty nuts to do. Legit think this is a top 3 unit in the league and it’s probably not 3.

I was annoyed watching at home cause it looked like so many of the Bills jerseys were brand new. You know they all have Pats/Steelers jerseys in their closets. Bandwagon NY/NJ fans always annoy me. I knew people who could almost see the Meadowlands from where they lived and weren't a fan of the Giants or Jets.

I hope next season they bring in someone who can really push Wilson. I think maybe White getting 2md team snaps gave him a little motivation to not be a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkpSw-gMzgP/?hl=en

lol