Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Bobunemimimmi merch.

https://twitter.com/ACbu_official/status/1585576539575418885

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm thinkin' about that hellshake yano merch.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm thinkin' about that hellshake yano merch.

:yeah:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Am I misremembering the overall animation quality of the first season as being lower than it actually was, or has S2's gotten better? Even disregarding something like Biggus McHugeguy, the average feels like it's gone up, but I don't know if that's just me.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
They have decidedly gone from shoestring budget to "everything has extra polish" this year.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Pootybutt posted:

caught up last night, new OP fucks

I'm fairly sure it was specifically designed to snap digital video codecs in half. Even the Japanese TV broadcast codecs start giving up around the infinite vortex part.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It has a lot of visual effects that I recall being verboten back in the CRT era.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I can envision Popuko and/or Pipimi going "gently caress your video quality" somehow.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I only just realized that the dagger in the Obari mecha sections is another callback joke.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
SHINING SHOULDER!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Xelkelvos posted:

SHINING SHOULDER!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Xelkelvos posted:

SHINING SHOULDER!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Armor of Soulsteel Hand spinner

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I'm not a dub watcher usually but the male Poputan dub is muy bueno (very good)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
SHINING SHOULDER!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
A Side SHINING SHOULDER is Yuki Kaida and Junko Minagawa (Prince of Tennis)
B Side SHINING SHOULDER is Toshiyuki Toyonaga and Shintaro Asanuma (IDK I think they're just buds)

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Ammat The Ankh posted:

B Side SHINING SHOULDER is Toshiyuki Toyonaga and Shintaro Asanuma (IDK I think they're just buds)
The first is a Fire Emblem VA and the second is on Xenoblade Chronicles, so I guess that's a link? Popular bloated JRPGs?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Friendship ended with Turain Battura

SHINING SHOULDER is now my friend

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They were both characters in Tokyo Ghoul at the very least (Hideyoshi Nagachika and Nishiki Nishio)

E: they were both in Blast of Tempest as well (Takumi Hayakawa and Mahiro Fuwa)

E2: they were both in ace of diamond act 2 as well (Hiroki Kondo and Kuramochi Youichi)

Actually it's probably that they're both VAs for the A3! Project, a multimedia boys idol series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMB9kd3znjY

Julias fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 30, 2022

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
They just went ahead and made a power metal music video

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

What really sold it is that the animation looked a lot like it was ripped from Heavy Metal

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MorningMoon posted:

SHINING SHOULDER!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

During the male version I realized that the Shining Shoulder song reminded me so much of 403 Forbiddena that I wouldn't be surprised if their music was what inspired that segment.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

KennyMan666 posted:

During the male version I realized that the Shining Shoulder song reminded me so much of 403 Forbiddena that I wouldn't be surprised if their music was what inspired that segment.

whoa I've never heard that music outside of that flash animation

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Yuki Kaida's excellent English just made SHINING SHOULDER even better.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
As a nerd for this specific kind of metal, Shining Shoulder was made for me. Also yes, this season does look better than the last one; I caught up on the last three or four episodes of season one before getting to the first two of this one and it's noticeable. Also the jokes hit a lot more consistently for me.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm both amused and disappointed that they made the b side date sim parody an otome game instead of keeping the visuals the same

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The First Take parody for the ED was great.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

watching both sides for episode 6 is absolutely worth it today

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
popuko's flute solo had me laughing way more than I'd like to admit, even when I knew it coming on the b-side

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is my favorite B-Side ever. The VAs did Yuma and Shark in Yugioh ZeXal and they made a joke for me to point ot the screen and yell.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MorningMoon posted:

This is my favorite B-Side ever. The VAs did Yuma and Shark in Yugioh ZeXal and they made a joke for me to point ot the screen and yell.

The "overlay!" joke got me too. Also wow, that was a lot of effort put into the dating sim parody, I loved it.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

That was a very unexpected ad for Kappa Sushi in there.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Well they gotta fund all the budget somehow

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What’s the connection between the A-side VAs this week?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Nanigans posted:

What’s the connection between the A-side VAs this week?

I'm not sure, I couldn't find a connection. Maybe they're just pals?

A side VAs are Hekiru Shiina and Mayumi Iizuka

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The connection appears to be that they voiced two of the main characters in Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, all the way back in 1998.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm both amused and disappointed that they made the b side date sim parody an otome game instead of keeping the visuals the same
Way too much effort for this poo poo anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'd just like to say, the Masami Obari episode ruled, and I love that getting Obari'd is now a thing.