Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ballard didn't do him any favors with the QB situation there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Frank Reich to the Broncos who says no? :v:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I want to know how many coaches have been fired immediately after a loss to Belichick. It has to be statistically significant.

That offense looks completely dead. It might be about the QB, but I don't think the run game decline speaks too kindly to Reich's coaching either.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Packers should bring him in as a QB coach. Clements clearly isn't fixing whatever is ailing Rodgers.

Aaron will only take advice from his good friend Joe Rogan

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah I don't think Reich was truly the problem but Irsay seems ready to clean house. Colts need a rebuild and a real QB.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Kalli posted:

me, I say no

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Man, each of these Reichs falls quicker than the last!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers first qb

Bring him home, tepper! We have a good offensive line and SEVERAL qbs to choose from

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ballard has to be gone soon now right? Why allow him another hire?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/SaadAbbasi29/status/1589656989511974912?t=j5drlUGaHlGgrDHGRBVfsg&s=19

lol

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Irsay clearly has a ton of personal affection for Reich and generally is averse to making coaching changes midseason, but man Reich really made it impossible to keep him. I'd guess Bradley takes over as interim HC, but I honestly have no idea who's calling the plays on Sunday now.

I think Ballard probably stays at the end of the year, but with a mandate from Irsay to draft a QB of the future.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah I don't think Reich was truly the problem but Irsay seems ready to clean house. Colts need a rebuild and a real QB.

yea they need to burn it all down. they should fire ballard too

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Benne posted:

Mods change thread title to End of the Reich

Ubersturmfuhrer Ehlinger brought the news that the Volkssturm couldn't hold the patriots and the Reich ended in the Fuhrerbunker below the indianapolis convention center

Nov 6, 2002

Good news for the Colts, they'll probably be able to get McDaniels!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Ballard has to be gone soon now right? Why allow him another hire?

Not many GMs get as many shots at QB as he has had.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Good news for the Colts, they'll probably be able to get McDaniels!

And thus, Ballard's ridiculously-circuitous plan is complete!

Edit: honestly if Ballard gets fired I think the most likely move would be to just promote Ed Dodds. He gets consideration every hiring cycle and it's likely that the only reason he's still here is because he's chosen to be.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I think overall Reich is an average or better than average HC, which is way better than most coaches. Just the QB position was never solved in any meaningful way, which he obviously shoulders some blame for. Once Luck retired it was just a slow steady decline.

Nov 6, 2002

Benne posted:

Mods change thread title to End of the Reich

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich QB

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....am I imagining things or did Frank Reich not get a vote of confidence from the GM or ownership or something like, a week ago?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Woozie66 posted:

I think overall Reich is an average or better than average HC, which is way better than most coaches. Just the QB position was never solved in any meaningful way, which he obviously shoulders some blame for. Once Luck retired it was just a slow steady decline.

well that gives San Diego one more better option for next year. Sean Payton is the ideal but honestly Reich would be great with Herbie too

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Reich please come hang out with your bud Doug down in Jacksonville and help Trevor out, TIA.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Relentlessboredomm posted:

well that gives San Diego one more better option for next year. Sean Payton is the ideal but honestly Reich would be great with Herbie too

What are you talking about, Staley is gonna sneak into the playoffs and then you can't dump him. The West Coast Zac Taylor, baby!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Quiet Feet posted:

Man, each of these Reichs falls quicker than the last!

Kyrie in shambles.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

Yeah I think he's a good coach but he has to take the responsibility for the offense being so bad this year. I'm sure he'll do fine at his next place and wish him well but the Colts needed to make this change.

Like I said before, I was expecting him gone after the season but yesterday's game was an utter embarrassment that I figured he was gonna be fired mid season. Ballard is probably not safe either.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

Ballard is probably not safe either.
Ballard needs to be held responsible for the OL and QB acquisitions. What they gave up for Wentz is embarrassing and yeah maybe Reich signed off on it or said "sure go ahead I think I can work well with him" but the buck stops with the GM. Reich did fine when the OL wasnt in shambles and Matt Ryan would have still been serviceable if he wasnt shambling for his life every pass play.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Woozie66 posted:

What are you talking about, Staley is gonna sneak into the playoffs and then you can't dump him. The West Coast Zac Taylor, baby!

loll. i have zero faith in that team, they just had to pull some heroics to beat the falcons

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich QB

:hmmyes:

It's worth noting that either Ballard and/or Irsay must be really pissed. They haven't fired a coach midseason since 1991 (Ron Meyer) and let some other guys coach finish out seasons a lot worse than this...

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

fartknocker posted:

:hmmyes:

It's worth noting that either Ballard and/or Irsay must be really pissed. They haven't fired a coach midseason since 1991 (Ron Meyer) and let some other guys coach finish out seasons a lot worse than this...

Going to guess Isray was done with Reich after the whole Wentz debacle, especially since it was leaked that Reich campaigned to bring in Wentz

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Starting to wonder if Reich fired Marcus Brady as a gambit to keep himself employed, since he would be the one most capable of taking over the offense.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yall really think McDaniels is gonna get fired huh?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

a neat cape posted:

He probably should but won't

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's likely safe but he should be staring down 1 and done

Said it before Bisaccia and Greg Olson (not the TE) should be getting calls right now

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 7, 2022

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't think he'll get fired, but I expect maybe they will try to move on from Carr if he keeps playing like this

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Yea, I can’t see Davis doing it, he doesn’t seem the type to be that aggressive.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

I am wishcasting that for nakedly selfish reasons

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

I don't think he'll get fired, but I expect maybe they will try to move on from Carr if he keeps playing like this

McDaniels is going to trade Carr and draft Anthony Richardson to begin the cycle anew.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Al was still around he's definitely gone, but Mark doesn't have that kind of balls.

Plus he's a notorious cheapskate and is still paying out the rear end for Gruden's contract.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Mods have done their job.

It's funny how much having success in the NFL boils down to how the O-line is doing. A otherwise crap team can win with a great line.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 7, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Phobeste posted:

Ubersturmfuhrer Ehlinger brought the news that the Volkssturm couldn't hold the patriots and the Reich ended in the Fuhrerbunker below the indianapolis convention center

:lol:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Don't worry everyone Reich will comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Benne posted:

Plus he's a notorious cheapskate and is still paying out the rear end for Gruden's contract.
Didnt Gruden "resign" and thus wouldnt get the payout?

pasaluki posted:

Don't worry everyone Reich will comeback
Heh.