Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Fair warning: Calling hotdogs "glizzies" might start generating sixers at any time. My patience is considerable, but not without end. And I loving hate that term.

Glizzy triggered, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm not kidding that I will at some point start probing for it, but I also want to point out that it is shameful nobody has said "gglizzie" yet.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I’ve never heard this word before and I am not interested in ever saying it or leaning its origins.

Which word? The one with two Zs.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

numberoneposter posted:

Costco run tonight. Need diapers and kimchi.

Really stepping up the GBS pants making GBS threads game

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

numberoneposter posted:

Protip. If you skip the Kimchi you could skip the diapers!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Just put the jongga on the glizzy

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

Gonna make some sort of new sandwich?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

pnumoman posted:

Just put the jongga on the glizzy

I mean, kogi dogs are an actual Thing

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Blend the jongga with ketchup to make the kimchup that's all over the internets, then put that on the glizzy

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Hit up Costco to switch out a bad car battery. I felt bad for the line that built up behind me, apparently battery costs went up ten bucks since last year and it took every employee they had at the tire center to figure out how to process the switch.

They were super apologetic about it taking so long but I just had a dog and soda (with refill) and my family were already shopping so I was fine

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jaxts posted:

Hit up Costco to switch out a bad car battery. I felt bad for the line that built up behind me, apparently battery costs went up ten bucks since last year and it took every employee they had at the tire center to figure out how to process the switch.

They were super apologetic about it taking so long but I just had a glizzy and soda (with refill) and my family were already shopping so I was fine

Ftfy

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Glizzy is an onomatopoeia if you do it right

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Soul Dentist posted:

Glizzy is an onomatopoeia if you do it right

Horny is not allowed.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

In Montreal hot dogs are known as steamies.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 7, 2022

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

dphi posted:

I don't know how long it takes you eat a hot dog or how long you think it takes for frozen food to thaw out, but I assure you it's not a problem for most people.

bitch i live in phoenix, what if i got ice cream cones

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

I'm telling you man, kimchi grilled cheese :mrgw:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SirPablo posted:

bitch i live in phoenix, what if i got ice cream cones

I assume if you live in Hell you probably bring an ice chest in the car for your ice cream and kimchi

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Its consistently 20+ minutes from the moment I get in line to pay to when I'm loading stuff into my car, plus a 30 -45 minute commute back home, in Orlando. I've had frozen pizza be completely thawed out by the time I flop them into the freezer.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

A Costco cooler bag with some freezer packs inside can go a long way.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I just buy a new cooler at costco every time I buy frozen stuff. Easier than remembering to bring the cooler with me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costggo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just return the cooler everytime you go back and get a new one to fill up

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Picked up a Jessica Simpson knit sweater a few days ago and absolutely love it. Went back for another one and they had been clearanced to 5 dollars and were gone :( they still sell them on the website but uuuugh full (Costco) price. Good reminder to buy multiples when you find something you like right away lest they disappear from the warehouse.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

DamnitGannet posted:

Picked up a Jessica Simpson knit sweater a few days ago and absolutely love it. Went back for another one and they had been clearanced to 5 dollars and were gone :( they still sell them on the website but uuuugh full (Costco) price. Good reminder to buy multiples when you find something you like right away lest they disappear from the warehouse.

I had the same problem with those dope Hurley cargo shorts they had over the summer. I bought one pair when they had plenty in my size, then I ripped them at Six Flags. Went back to get another pair, only one in my size but in a different color. Next trip, checked again and there was once more only one pair in my size, but the same color! It worked out in the end, but I could’ve just bought three and saved a lot of time and worry.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DamnitGannet posted:

Yeah I always buy multiples.

It just makes good sense.

I’m going to Costco tomorrow to check out what kinda wet dog food they have. My dog is being picky and I want something reasonably priced to mix in with her dry food.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I already regret only buying one flannel this year when they first appeared.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SirPablo posted:

I don't understand the people that sit there and eat their dogs and pizza with a full cart of paid goods next to them. You ain't got any frozen poo poo in there?

the dog goes to the car and is eaten on the drive. i don't get the seat eaters either ive already been there 2 hours

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Two drat hours in Costco??

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Fair warning: Calling hotdogs "glizzies" might start generating sixers at any time. My patience is considerable, but not without end. And I loving hate that term.

throat goats need practice and costco has the cheapest glizzies around, pbuc

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

throat goats need practice and costco has the cheapest glizzies around, pbuc

Throat goats sounds like a good username. Or some kind of hipster neckwear. Whichever.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Throat goats sounds like a good username. Or some kind of hipster neckwear. Whichever.

Throat goatse

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'll make the website.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Chinatown posted:

twas a good day.

eggwraps were the impulse buy.

(going back tomorrow because i forgot TP/towels :negative: )

That looks like a nice TV...

For me to poupon!

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i ran into an outraged boomer positively put out by the fact that how dare Costco's Food Court not accept cash and how she has to use one of these new fangled order thingie touchscreens to order her food. Since the kiosks have been in place for years now, it was difficult to dredge up any sympathy for her plight.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Whooping Crabs posted:

That looks like a nice TV...

For me to poupon!

I set it up this weekend and goddamn what a difference from a 11 year old 1080p Vizio.

Connects with my phone, detects OTA channels much more easily and the WiFi connectivity owns.

Also I love the glass Grey Poupon jars. :discourse:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

bagmonkey posted:

Does anyone else abuse the poo poo out of the buy 5 clothing items get $25 off deal Costco has? I just ordered a bunch of poo poo I kinda want to try and keep whatever works and return the rest. Fuckin love Costco!!!

yeah it's great if you can stack it with sales too.

I'm the prematurely costco'ified middle-age guy at this point and I'm a wfh software dev so nobody cares. costco jeans are fantastic value, I loved the sherpa waffleknits from last year too (I actually got three colors) over a t-shirt (or a collar shirt if you're fancy). The puma fleece joggers that are on sale are good warm sweatpants, etc. If you like a carhartt sorta jacket the GH bass they have right now is nice. As someone with big feet and sensory issues in my feet from normal socks, the kirkland merino wool hiking socks are the most comfortable I've ever worn, previously I wore Thorlos and they didn't wear nearly as hard. I have two 6-packs left of the ones I like from a couple years ago at least, they're still merino blend (just checked) but maybe the newer ones are different and maybe they changed the merino wool %.

And if you buy 10 items it's $60 off, on already-sale items.

I would assume that if you cross the "X items per transaction" threshold you'd lose the promo money from your refund though, so, if you think you might wanna return a couple maybe get a few extra. I guess that's the sales gimmick.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 8, 2022

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgOZ6SUmvzM

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Soul Dentist posted:

Just return the cooler everytime you go back and get a new one to fill up

Then you've just remembered to bring the cooler...

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

MarcusSA posted:

Two drat hours in Costco??

Gotta get in and out

My Costco has paid parking (it's built on airport land so the airport requires it) that's free with validation.
I've never once gone over the 1hr free parking limit and only once hit the point where validation is required, even with a fuel stop.
I never even bother going to the pay machines anymore since you can just scan one of your receipts at the boom gate if you haven't validated at the machine inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

norp posted:

Gotta get in and out

My Costco has paid parking (it's built on airport land so the airport requires it) that's free with validation.
I've never once gone over the 1hr free parking limit and only once hit the point where validation is required, even with a fuel stop.
I never even bother going to the pay machines anymore since you can just scan one of your receipts at the boom gate if you haven't validated at the machine inside.

this is not something to brag about