Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Imbedded tweets aren't showing up for me but Imgur images are. Is it cause I'm on mobile data or cause Twitter servers are dissolving in real time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're loading fine for me. I'd say it's a you problem.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Actually Elon Musk is good because he posts funny memes and is a Republican. He also uses words I have been conditioned to agree with regardless of context or understanding, such as "freedom", "free speech" and when he owns the "woke". And the fact that a man with 115m followers typically only gets around 100k-300k thousand likes per post is proof of the strength of his Twitter vision and the power of the man himself.

If you are reading this Elon I will gladly rim you.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

lol

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1370944634260709376

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
based elon is going to destroy twitter and when he does I will become his biggest ever bazinga

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8zT_msUiM0 A relevant video.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

5 years from now, Elon's gonna be living in a van by the river and people will still be stopping their cars to shout "Masterbatdone!" out the windows at him

Oct 4, 2005

Mr. Blue Tick

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this a shot post?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I doubt it. How do you go from your posts being empty quoted by big shots like Michael Jordan and Cardi B to having them empty quoted by some no-name loser like SilverSuperman or "Buce"?
Ok, fair.

Does anyone here know Michael Jordan or Cardi B?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

:emptyquote:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
God drat it Elon can't you just melt down real quick in the next hour? I'm tired of all your crazy happening while I'm at work

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Put this poo poo on the OP and also on every media device in the vicinity of Mr. Blue Tick.
:regd08:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

:drat:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Holy poo poo. Daniel Radcliffe got banned for parodying Weird Al Yankovich. Despite the fact that a. Parody is Weird Al's thing and b. He was marketing for a film where he plays...weird Al Yankovich.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

RIP teen witch 1991-2022
“scream laughed into oblivion”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Twitter: okay poop is going back in

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Roblo posted:

Holy poo poo. Daniel Radcliffe got banned for parodying Weird Al Yankovich. Despite the fact that a. Parody is Weird Al's thing and b. He was marketing for a film where he plays...weird Al Yankovich.

LOL.

Also for those interested a short breakdown into what's like to go wrong with twitter's tech cos elon's an idiot and fired all those people:

https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/11/08/1062886/heres-how-a-twitter-engineer-says-it-will-break-in-the-coming-weeks/ posted:

Twitter’s collapse into an unusable wreck is some time off, the engineer says, but the telltale signs of process rot setting in are already there. It starts with the small things: “Bugs in whatever part of whatever client they’re using; whatever service in the backend they’re trying to use,” the engineer says. “They’ll be small annoyances to start, but as the backend fixes are being delayed, things will accumulate until people will eventually just give up.”

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

finally, the proest of clicks

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fuckin christ, that's great

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Roblo posted:

Comedy is legal again!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Roblo posted:

I think this was a Weird Al prank, Radcliffe has never had a twitter account

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

drat Radcliffe is smarter than I thought

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1589805223551213569

the funniest possibility: musk fired HR and management since their number of code lines written were zero

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Why would Musk need a Human Resources department when he doesn't consider those that work for him to be human?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

alf_pogs posted:

Hasn't he? Well that is pretty funny.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Depending on how the election goes today, either Elon is going to stomp on the gas to appease right wingers if they do well, or he'll start walking back things he said if they don't do well.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

euphronius posted:

Maybe the the solution is we don’t need to be online all the time and can just wait to hear things

tl;dr

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

dr_rat posted:

LOL.

Also for those interested a short breakdown into what's like to go wrong with twitter's tech cos elon's an idiot and fired all those people:

Hah, so because they laid off the people with least code contribution, they ended up firing probably 80% of the Site Reliability Engineer team, because they spend their time doing architectural design to make things reliable, or diagnosing what goes wrong

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 8, 2022

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

MikeJF posted:

Hah, so because they laid off the people with least code contribution, they ended up firing probably 80% of the Site Reliability Engineer team, because they spend their time doing architectural design to make things reliable, or diagnosing what goes wrong
Learn to Code

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh and they decimated the documentation team too! Nice!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Underwhelmed posted:

Right after he jerked off on it first.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

By popular demand posted:

Does anyone use GNU social? It's recommended by Richard Stallman.

i did but it was just unsolicited tender embraces by an barefoot overweight bearded man

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I still maintain he didnt really want twitter, he just wanted a cover story for the telsa stock sale.

Now twitter needs to make money.

So fire all the twitter people and charge for blue checks

gently caress just people the ability to buy poo poo posts and to buy blocks to the poo poo posts.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

DO NOT DO THIS.

You can potentially lose unlimited amounts of money. Ask the hedge fund that went under shorting GameStop in 2021.

You mean the one that was bailed out by other companies both over and under the table and eventually settled for just dissolving and letting the brokers walk away without losing their own personal finances?

Because they definitely should have lost a lot more money, but people were prevented from buying publicly, hedge funds were shuffling stock privately to mitigate a "fellow financial business", and the end result was just closing the doors and doling out the requisite monies. Hell, I didn't even hear of a Wall Street window jumper over it, which is how you know when Wall Street fucks up.

Ups_rail posted:

I still maintain he didnt really want twitter, he just wanted a cover story for the telsa stock sale.

Now twitter needs to make money.

So fire all the twitter people and charge for blue checks

gently caress just people the ability to buy poo poo posts and to buy blocks to the poo poo posts.

You're right about not wanting twitter, but the reason is him being so owned online that he had to swing money around like a bully with a sock full of nickels; he crossed a line after he busted a perfect Ultra Combo of self-ownage and his mouth wrote a check that his dumb rear end had to pony up to because if you give Wall Street that much money, they will flatten the entire nation's population of nice grandmas just to be the first to the bank with that agreement.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Snuffman posted:

All the scifi books that named the first colonies of Mars after Musk are going to look reaaallll embarrassing soon.

Still lolling at Notchcubes.

Alastair Reynolds mentioned it in his most recent Revelation Space book - they're seen by people 100+ years later as a bunch of weird cultists (Muskites) who ended up all dying on Mars (some if the characters have to camp out in one of their decrepit base camps).

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Today is going to be chaos. Voting fraud tweets are going to come nice and early, and whatever plan Twitter had to keep it from spiraling out of control isn't going to be followed through on.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

BadOptics posted:

Alastair Reynolds mentioned it in his most recent Revelation Space book - they're seen by people 100+ years later as a bunch of weird cultists (Muskites) who ended up all dying on Mars (some if the characters have to camp out in one of their decrepit base camps).

I have been bracing for an eventual reveal that Musk was ultimately responsible for the Conjoiners (Mars-based human-machine hybrid hivemind, for those unfamiliar), but I probably don't have to worry about that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Have there been any good worm-turns on Musk from former fans?