Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Spending 2 hours in Costco sounds terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm usually there for 25 minutes. Two hours lol you taking a poo poo there?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nothing wrong with squeezing all the value you can out of your membership

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

if your not going thru the workers serving samples multiple times, then you're not using your membership correctly

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Samples are for non-executive members who don't already know what they want

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wait, people are speeding through their Costco runs in sub-2 hour blocks???

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Samples are for non-executive members who don't already know what they want

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

yeah it's great if you can stack it with sales too.

I'm the prematurely costco'ified middle-age guy at this point and I'm a wfh software dev so nobody cares. costco jeans are fantastic value, I loved the sherpa waffleknits from last year too (I actually got three colors) over a t-shirt (or a collar shirt if you're fancy). The puma fleece joggers that are on sale are good warm sweatpants, etc. If you like a carhartt sorta jacket the GH bass they have right now is nice. As someone with big feet and sensory issues in my feet from normal socks, the kirkland merino wool hiking socks are the most comfortable I've ever worn, previously I wore Thorlos and they didn't wear nearly as hard. I have two 6-packs left of the ones I like from a couple years ago at least, they're still merino blend (just checked) but maybe the newer ones are different and maybe they changed the merino wool %.

And if you buy 10 items it's $60 off, on already-sale items.

I would assume that if you cross the "X items per transaction" threshold you'd lose the promo money from your refund though, so, if you think you might wanna return a couple maybe get a few extra. I guess that's the sales gimmick.

Actually I believe the returns are pro-rated, where you receive the money back for the item minus $5 (if you bought 5/save $25), if I'm remembering right. Which is perfect for me because then I get the discount on the items I want and return the rest!

Also, big same on wardrobe from Costco. Like 1/3rd of my wardrobe is from there now, as I was WFH for 2 1/2 years and now only in office twice a week and Costco have cheap, comfortable clothing that doesn't fall apart and seems to fit me pretty well for the most part. The Buffalo jeans are on sale right now and like $13? $15? if you buy in bulk, they have been pretty nice for cheap office jeans, they seem to be getting more Eddie Bauer stuff too which I love and I just picked up some Sketchers slip ons for $25 before discount off the website, which I love as house shoes so far

So if you missed out in store, pop online and pick up a few and get that sweet rear end discount folks. Costco's website is mediocre as hell but there's some pretty solid deals on there

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I was so happy a couple years back when Kirkland started making dress shirts, then was so sad to find out that they fit weirdly on me.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1589990561750351879

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tokelau All Star posted:

I was so happy a couple years back when Kirkland started making dress shirts, then was so sad to find out that they fit weirdly on me.

Same here. I'm pretty fat, but I feel like they are designed for enormously fat people, which at 260 pounds I'm apparently not at yet.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

So I bought the kimchi with no g's.

I kinda changed my mind on it, the Jongga is tastier but this one is fizzier and spicier and actually gets quite good after you leave it alone for a while. I grabbed the one that had the soonest expiry date.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

numberoneposter posted:

I kinda changed my mind on it, the Jongga is tastier but this one is fizzier and spicier and actually gets quite good after you leave it alone for a while. I grabbed the one that had the soonest expiry date.

Isn’t that the company that makes car tires?!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Isn’t that the company that makes car tires?!

It is! No wonder it doesn’t taste good.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I like the MSDS safety square in the top left corner. That's how you know it's good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

I like the MSDS safety square in the top left corner. That's how you know it's good

I’m not sure food that is for human consumption is supposed to have that but what do I know??

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hangook just means "korea". hankook tire = "korea tires". hankook kimchi = "korea kimchi"

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

hangook just means "korea". hankook tire = "korea tires". hankook kimchi = "korea kimchi"

Wow racist..

Edit: jeez they really spell it that way?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
That is an unfortunate typo, friend

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
No, it’s not a typo and looking into it that’s where the etymology of the slur actually comes from. The More You Know

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Zero VGS posted:

No, it’s not a typo and looking into it that’s where the etymology of the slur actually comes from. The More You Know

More specifically American GIs hearing Korean locals calling them American, which in Korean is Migook, and saying "sounds swell chum, me american, you [slur]"

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I’ve been to Seoul when I was in the Navy and never knew that (awesome place for a goon because they had an Internet cafe on every block). As penance for my and my fellow servicemembers’ collective ignorance, I’ll go buy a Jongga.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I remain proud of my epithet etymology ignorance

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

Jongga (TOWTG) gets plenty fizzy if you screw the cap on tight and leave it to sizzle for a month or two in the fridge

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Personally I am not a fan of the fizz and poke a hole in the top of my Jongga (TOWTG) but I respect your preference

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah theres no rigorous equivalent of the hard g unaspirated sound. theres aspirated k and half-aspirated half-g half-k

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

yeah theres no rigorous equivalent of the hard g unaspirated sound. theres aspirated k and half-aspirated half-g half-k

So this whole time, it was actually the one with two half-aspirated half-K/half-Gs?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
jongga only has one ㄱ

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
but in turn western influence on the seoul accent (the prestige accent) has decreased that half aspiration quality to the point that if you listen to north korean broadcasts, which affect the old seoul accent for legitimacy reasons, they sound materially different from a modern seoul accent

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I've waffled on the .gif pronunciation for years but now I'm gonna go galaxy brain and start calling them kifs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ror posted:

I've waffled on the .gif pronunciation for years but now I'm gonna go galaxy brain and start calling them kifs

:haibrower:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Everything I've learned about Korean language came from the Costco thread

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

binge crotching posted:

Same here. I'm pretty fat, but I feel like they are designed for enormously fat people, which at 260 pounds I'm apparently not at yet.

Yeah, it was like there was somehow too much fabric in the collar and neck area, it was all poofy and the collar made huge loops around my ties when buttoned. It's a problem I've never had with other shirts. I guess it would fit if you were super fat with really droopy shoulders.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ror posted:

absolutely hell yes

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Smugworth posted:

Personally I am not a fan of the fizz and poke a hole in the top of my Jongga (TOWTG) but I respect your preference

I like slightly less fermented kimchi and got an excellent container of Jongga from Costco. After I finished that one I went back a month later and the next container was super funky. Maybe somebody put it on a shelf at room temp for a while before returning it to the fridge.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

SirPablo posted:

I'm usually there for 25 minutes. Two hours lol you taking a poo poo there?

If I'm

- there alone

and...

- not shopping for my office

I make a point of going thru each and every aisle. I get to see everything on sale and it keeps me from forgetting anything.

Plus I'll poo poo in the well-kept bathrooms

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The only reason I poo poo in public bathrooms is if it's an emergency.

Or I'm getting paid.

I'd have a morning dump most days in the bathroom attached the the parking garage at Google. Only because there was one stall down there. And if you walk in and someone else has it (because they have the same idea), come back in 15 minutes and check.

Those goons had really smelly shits though. It was worth it to poop in peace.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
As promised I finally tried the Jongga, bought a tub and cracked it open in the store to use on my dog in lieu of other condiments:

It's solid I guess, and lots of flavor for being low carb. We'll see if it improves with age.

Smugworth posted:

Jongga (TOWTG) gets plenty fizzy if you screw the cap on tight and leave it to sizzle for a month or two in the fridge

What y'all should have mentioned, and I found out the hard way, is if you DON'T crank the cap down super tight, it will make your entire fridge, or in my case my entire car. stink of garlic and vinegar. Just finger tight isn't enough if you can squeeze the sides a bit and still catch a whiff.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

As promised I finally tried the Jongga, bought a tub and cracked it open in the store to use on my dog in lieu of other condiments:

It's solid I guess, and lots of flavor for being low carb. We'll see if it improves with age.

What y'all should have mentioned, and I found out the hard way, is if you DON'T crank the cap down super tight, it will make your entire fridge, or in my case my entire car. stink of garlic and vinegar. Just finger tight isn't enough if you can squeeze the sides a bit and still catch a whiff.

You win the thread Op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

I think some people might consider that a feature, not a bug.