Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Captain Beans posted:

loving lol that Elon is such a needy little bitch that he made the entire platform auto follow him

And then tweet poo poo to vote republican

Can you even fathom the loving outage if zuck posted for every fb user to go vote dem, or everyone’s gmail inbox got an email from google to go vote dem

someone recently told me you should invest in any thing Elon does because he has the resources to make it work no matter what!!!! that sounds like great investment advice. They got all puffed up when I said he’s an idiot. “But he’s so rich!!!!” so what, you can still be an idiot.

This didn't happen btw. I don't know what did happen, but they didn't make every account on the platform follow Musk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

pixaal posted:

it's not an ad it's a popup nag "To keep reading sign up for an account!" and it's in a model not a new window.

Click on one of the login options, that'll give you the ability to close out the window.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

davecrazy posted:

How many users does Mastason need to really get traction?

Cut You With A Bitcoin Knife

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i think people are figuring out that the number of being running twitter was probably <7000.. but definitely, most definitely, more than 3500 or however many he actually fired + the number that will quit b/c of this.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Beans posted:

Can you even fathom the loving outage if zuck posted for every fb user to go vote dem, or everyone’s gmail inbox got an email from google to go vote dem

I had an elon dickrider literally trying to argue that it was nothing like he was putting his thumb on the scale, it is no different than a newspaper endorsing a candidate

They will say literally anything to excuse daddy elon

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

davecrazy posted:

Delete your loving Twitter accounts.

Why should I delete mine, he's the one that sucks

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1589961115752013824

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like Shaun.

That's it, just a bit of positivity.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

rotinaj posted:

I had an elon dickrider literally trying to argue that it was nothing like he was putting his thumb on the scale, it is no different than a newspaper endorsing a candidate

ehhh like it's not really any different to that

the difference is who he's endorsing, and how he will deserve to be called out constantly if the chuds win and 6 months from now abortion is illegal nationwide etc etc

kru
Oct 5, 2003

ColdPie posted:

This didn't happen btw. I don't know what did happen, but they didn't make every account on the platform follow Musk.

I'm following him today, and yesterday I did not - I also had him blocked and he is now unblocked.

Something is definitely going on, even if it's not an explicit auto-follow for musko

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Klyith posted:

the difference is who he's endorsing, and how he will deserve to be called out constantly if the chuds win and 6 months from now abortion is illegal nationwide etc etc

It's different in the way that if someone owned 7 newspapers and made them endorse a candidate, yes

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

You can still read comments without an account though?

If you replace twitter.com in the url with nitter.net you can read tweets even if you do not have an account.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

What the gently caress twitter has pop up adds? Who the hell does pop up ads anymore it’s like the fastest way to get people to gently caress off away from your site

Elon told us that by this friday we have to implement a Bonzi Buddy interface for all active accounts

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

kru posted:

It's different in the way that if someone owned 7 newspapers and made them endorse a candidate, yes

yeah, exactly like that

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

pixaal posted:

As of a few months ago you can only read the first 5-6 and if you want to read a comment to a comment you get hit with a login screen too. The entire reason I dug up my twitter and reset the password was because of this.

For Chromium there’s an extension to get around this. Look up “Breakthrough Twitter Login Wall”, it deletes the login requirement pop-up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All tweets will be presented inside the outline of a tesla.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Elon told us that by this friday we have to implement a Bonzi Buddy interface for all active accounts

Maybe he could win some people back by bundling a Desktop Stripper license with every Twitter Blue subscription

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Maybe he could win some people back by bundling a Desktop Stripper license with every Twitter Blue subscription

the Stripper will be Elon

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

kazil posted:

:barf:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
hEl0 gw1m3s... y0u'r3 qU17e G00d 4t TuRN1nG m3 0n

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Is there like a somethingawful part of mastodon

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

kazil posted:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

yospos jeff this is your chance

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/BigTechAlert/status/1589739251884859397?t=RZcFky671N8DvilrYeGZwQ&s=19

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Gross, why would you want to associate with goons? Or are you want to know so you can preemptively block that domain from your own instance?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Fifteen of Many posted:

My Twitter account automatically followed Musk at some point overnight, lol.

What was old is new again....

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

They couldn't have ridiculed BlueTick Man yet, TV doesn't move this fast.
:confused:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Klyith posted:

If the newspapers were owned by a fartlord with an idiot cult of personality who happens to have the most money on the planet, maybe

But a newspaper, even the washington post, doesn’t have the same cultural power that elon or twitter as a whole does IMO

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Klyith posted:

Elon’s now anti-abortion, but not for religious reasons, but because he’s decided humanity needs a ton more people to make numbers go up.

Gen X grew up chafing under the moralization of the Religious Right, and then came up with bullshit sci-if reasons to line up with them on every issue. :lol:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

By popular demand posted:

South park used to, they used to do the full episode in a week. Rick and Morty though is glacial.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If the world becomes an overpopulated cesspit more people will give him money to go to Mars. It's a business strategy.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So, Elon.

If you need someone to help you run Tesla, and now Twitter, I have a policy of making sure everything runs smoothly right down to people's egos, which is surprisingly important. I am also a silver tongued but chill devil because I worked at a certain fruit shaped company during some very brutal years.

I'm game and have business plans...

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Someone prank called him and pretended to be Rick Sanchez

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
overpopulation? what is this, the 90s? thats not actually a concern anymore, even china got rid of their one child policy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it would be cool if elon musk turned himself into crazy frog in a desperate bid for approval. he has the means and technology

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Elon probably asked them to write an episode about how cool being on twitter is, and they laughed at him.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elno is just unfollowing all the filthy (((leftists))) who pretended to be his friends all these years. normal behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

StrangersInTheNight posted:

overpopulation? what is this, the 90s? thats not actually a concern anymore

the recent projections for world crop yield under climate change in the next 50 years are not great

anyways if someone like elon musk thinks there should be lots more people to increase human potential, he should also be rabidly pro-immigration. that would allow desperate poor people in other nations to come to the US and get good education to be the next generation of driven go-getter inventors and leaders.

weird, he's not pro-immigration? huh. I wonder why?