Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm of the opinion that we should just create a Brave New World style reservation but for neolibs, strip them of all their accumulated wealth, and leave them to have fun in the truly free market they claim to love so much. Could even turn it into some kind of Victorian-style anthropological zoo thing and turn it into a tourist attraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gonna be loving hilarious when all the olds die off and no one votes Tory because no one has a loving freedom pass.

Eat poo poo you dumb loving wankstains.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think at that point you just get rid of elections all together.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Just stand outside polling stations yelling "DID YOU ALL HEAR WHAT RISHI SAID ABOUT OUR BELOVED LATE QUEEN? OH THE NERVE"

Olds are dumb and gullible.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Gonna be loving hilarious when all the olds die off and no one votes Tory because no one has a loving freedom pass.

Eat poo poo you dumb loving wankstains.

I mean, once all the old people die off, there will be new old people. This is how aging works.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Freudian posted:

I mean, once all the old people die off, there will be new old people. This is how aging works.

Like 4 balls on the edge of a cliff.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm of the opinion that we should just create a Brave New World style reservation but for neolibs, strip them of all their accumulated wealth, and leave them to have fun in the truly free market they claim to love so much. Could even turn it into some kind of Victorian-style anthropological zoo thing and turn it into a tourist attraction.

Westworld Season 4 - Libworld

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

A way bigger loss than Leslie Phillips is Kev O'Neill passed away. Of Nemesis/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen/Marshal Law fame. A unique and amazing artist, surprised no-one else mentioned it as I assume a fair amount of you grew up on 2000AD. RIP.
https://2000ad.com/news/kevin-oneill-1953-2022/

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Newcomer here, is your fudge creamy, or crumbly?

Edit: Late to the fudge party.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Hey gang, need a bit of help. I need some of your best examples of the media, TV, print or otherwise, demonising benefits claimants, the homeless etc. Basically any example of the media stoking tensions between members of the working class. Not so much going for a racial element - I'm going to mention it but far more interested for the purposes of this in stuff like Benefits Street, 'VILE PRODUCT OF BENEFITS BRITAIN' front pages, that sort of stuff. Nothing where it isn't quite immediately obvious - it's just for a cutaway sequence during a documentary so each element will just be flashed on the screen quickly as a sort of montage. Cheers!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Newcomer here, is your fudge creamy, or crumbly?

Edit: Late to the fudge party.

Creamy, except for the vegan flavours which are crumbly :)

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Late to the fudge party

Mods name change plz

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jakabite posted:

Hey gang, need a bit of help. I need some of your best examples of the media, TV, print or otherwise, demonising benefits claimants, the homeless etc. Basically any example of the media stoking tensions between members of the working class. Not so much going for a racial element - I'm going to mention it but far more interested for the purposes of this in stuff like Benefits Street, 'VILE PRODUCT OF BENEFITS BRITAIN' front pages, that sort of stuff. Nothing where it isn't quite immediately obvious - it's just for a cutaway sequence during a documentary so each element will just be flashed on the screen quickly as a sort of montage. Cheers!

Channel 5?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Freudian posted:

There won’t be old people in the future.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jakabite posted:

Hey gang, need a bit of help. I need some of your best examples of the media, TV, print or otherwise, demonising benefits claimants, the homeless etc.
Every paper.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jakabite posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jeremy_Kyle_Show

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The knives are out for Gavin. lol

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1590043429656223744

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So Gavin Williamson did the exact same thing as whip that every whip does

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah but he's got a scary spider

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Like genuinely the older I get the more I start to think the idea of mindless vengeance being less just than inaction is patently wrong. There are so many people who have just made the world worse on an incalculable scale, and who it is beyond human capability to extract due restitution from, but the idea of them just being left alone seems like an affront to all concepts of morality.
The biggest damage has been caused by the degree to which the Michelle Obama poo poo about 'when they go low, we go high' has penetrated every level of political discourse. You can have people like MTG in the US nod-winking about how maybe their political opponents should have been murdered in their offices, and there are absolutely no consequences.

Now I'm not saying there should be material consequences, certainly not in an actionable sense. But I think the idea that "the left shouldn't threaten right wing politicians or they'll think they have carte blanche to kill / threaten ours" kind of ignores the multiple times right wing maniacs have tried and succeeded in killing left wing figures, even nominally centre left figures like Owen Jones getting physically attacked on the streets.

gently caress it, there needs to be an equal threat to those advocating right wing poo poo. Send in the catgirls.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1590039648101093377?s=20&t=dHhWwx49qDavTM0PQ65x1A

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm not sure that "the biggest damage" has been done by someone saying let's maybe not threaten to kill people we disagree with.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's nice to see Aaron occasionally return to earth orbit to poo poo on Keith's Labour.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1589895709821739010

:toot:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Rarity posted:

So Gavin Williamson did the exact same thing as whip that every whip does

he also released his excel doc of blackmail for some reason

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Guavanaut posted:

Every paper.

I would genuinely love to see a comparison chart of the circulation of print tabloids among the major nations in this day and age. Britain has got to be obscenely over-represented with that poo poo.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Lately I've been engaging in actual IRL organising, for the first time really, I did some tenants' union door knocking things today, and for the first time I saw the face of a stranger change as they realised that I and the people with me had turned up out of nowhere, for them, to hear their problems and try and do something about it, problems they thought would never be addressed. I'm not sure how to describe this feeling but, lurking this thread for years has been a big factor in how radical I am today, without it I'm not sure I would be any kind of marxist at all really, so I just wanted to say thank you UKMT. I don't even post itt that much but, thanks :)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good on you and glad to hear it went well!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cookie Cutter posted:

Lately I've been engaging in actual IRL organising, for the first time really, I did some tenants' union door knocking things today, and for the first time I saw the face of a stranger change as they realised that I and the people with me had turned up out of nowhere, for them, to hear their problems and try and do something about it, problems they thought would never be addressed. I'm not sure how to describe this feeling but, lurking this thread for years has been a big factor in how radical I am today, without it I'm not sure I would be any kind of marxist at all really, so I just wanted to say thank you UKMT. I don't even post itt that much but, thanks :)

:yeah:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GavinWilliamson/status/1590074499889696768

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

rack 'em 'rades we got a scalp

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Did the spider sign that loving letter?

Cookie Cutter posted:

:toot:

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
here we go again

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hitting another milestone on the speedrun timer as we move onto the "Braverman resignation" section of the run

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

daw piss monster

Cookie Cutter posted:

Conversely I have been feeling particularly dire of late and genuinely I am cheered to hear you are having a better time of it, I really hope you continue to have positive experiences and also that all of your revolutionary hopes come true.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm not sure that "the biggest damage" has been done by someone saying let's maybe not threaten to kill people we disagree with.
We have a political atmosphere where right wingers are free to say the vilest poo poo imaginable, openly, and the people who should be fighting back are either 'taking the high ground' or doing the keith maneuver of waiting for the public to be sensible and not racist and not listen to them. Which will obviously happen any day now.

Meanwhile anyone who dares to publicly say that maybe people should be a bit nicer gets death threats, swatting and a billion weirdos in their mentions, and we all just accept this as normal.

I'm losing my patience with the whole act so yeah. Make racists afraid again.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 8, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33izVlIOgnQ

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/JustStop_Oil/status/1590082158148091904

e: https://twitter.com/HEontap/status/1590080508024668161

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

rack 'em 'rades we got a scalp

Will the press accept the blood sacrifice and extend their benevolence, or will they simply be emboldened, and double down in their pursuit of Braverman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

daw piss monster

Your mam,

one-eyed :smith: