Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

In related Elon news, Tesla stock has dropped nearly 10% today, 50% year to date. Nearly two years ago, same month, different date, people were crazed at the prospect of Tesla stock reaching a point very close to its now current price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Arrath posted:

Anyone actually on twitter with musk blocked? I've seen a bare handful of reports that he's getting spontaneously removed from people's block lists, which is just :lol:

I saw the same reports, and, sure enough, I had to re-block him today.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

I saw the same reports, and, sure enough, I had to re-block him today.

We have entered the "people realize they can't ignore the Admins/Mods" phase of the SA meltdown

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Tiny Timbs posted:

We have entered the "people realize they can't ignore the Admins/Mods" phase of the SA meltdown

Wait a minute. Elon.... Leon...

He's been D&D mod Leon Trotsky 2012 this whole time.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Tiny Timbs posted:

SA got an Ed Zitron shoutout in this substack "lol elon's hosed" recap:

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1589737518978961409

quote:

David Thorpe, former SomethingAwful (one of the original holes in the internet where things dripped out) admin, put it well why Elon is currently freaking out:

https://twitter.com/Arr/status/1588021175493562372

A great poster is someone who is both able to cultivate popularity and remain extremely funny in a relatively effortless way. If they get mad, they can either hide it entirely or play it off in an endearing way, and they generally have a deftness to their posting that means that they have a good, solid thought at just the right time. There are also very basic rules about conduct - for example, when you are made fun of, you do not immediately get mad, and you certainly do not indicate that you are mad in any way (such as using the cry-laugh emoji, which Musk did), and when you are humiliated for something, you go quiet and do not start banning people arbitrarily. And, as Thorpe said, you do not buy the whole forum, because everybody knows you did it and will now make fun of you for the purchase and every single action you make following it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1589647876149645312?t=UpqIdGOBRblpmvmo9c-CcA&s=19

Holy gently caress, if he costs Rs seats in the Senate because he has a secret and JUST CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

Holy gently caress, if he costs Rs seats in the Senate because he has a secret and JUST CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!

Maggie Haberman has sources saying he was talked out of it (maybe), but still might, Swin has sources saying he told Hannity that he might do it tonight, and I'm sure this is what every Republican wants to have as the leading story going into a midterm election where they're favored :v:

it's likely just an I WANT ATTENTION REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO WIN BECAUSE OF ME AND NOT DESANCTIMONIOUS but who loving knows

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 7, 2022

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Tiny Timbs posted:

I'm not entirely sure. The ones I know IRL aren't gay-bashers and do follow through by voting for bizarro 3rd party candidates but they also have jobs funded 100% by the American taxpayer so ideological consistency isn't their strong suit.

The "groomer" narrative has worked on the few I know, more or less. Really gross to see.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Gutting public health means there's a great chance the US ends the way it began, with smallpox ripping through an immunologically naive population, now that orthopoxviruses are seen as a "gay" disease.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just the stupidest assholes is gonna be our epitaph

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

VSOKUL girl posted:

remind me, did he launch the starlink "assistance" before or after he publicly announced his annoyance with bandwagon addition of ukrainian flags to social profiles

God I hate to be that poster because I hate musk the person, but the starlink assistance was a brilliant marketing idea by not-elon. They shipped a bunch of recievers and turned on the geofence around Ukraine. Then people got on the bandwagon and bought more recievers and shipped them. To the point where thousands of terminals were sent. Now, six months later, Ukrainian forces have advanced past that original geofence and Elon is making a huff about how they've got 5000 dishes with accounts 6 months unpaid. Instead of taking it as a $15M marketing gimmick that sells them as a perfect buy for the DoD which ensures their business in perpetuity they are spiking that good will.

I have no data to backup that it was one of the smart employees who started the Ukraine support and Elon who galaxy brained trying to collect a few million in revenue for a service whose marginal cost to starlink was free, but it is in line with $8

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RFC2324 posted:

I miss sovcits being a circus attraction and not a political party

I am glad that circuses no longer have elephants.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just the stupidest assholes is gonna be our epitaph

I'm going with "You're not my real dad!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

You think that's suspicious look at las Vegas judges on the ballot.

there's a whole lot of random prosecutors that haven't responded to interviews for the papers, but ARE still endorsed by the police department running for office.

Their opponents include anyone endorsed by SEIU or is a minority, or has been a public defender.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1589798095877214211?t=uowheekxfDFCOt5U01w64A&s=19

Ahahahahahaha

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Please please please give me money please"

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Next he will start pushing obscure tropical fruit

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Made a thread for the midterms so CE can run normally without getting clogged.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017009

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MRC48B posted:

Next he will start pushing obscure tropical fruit

He's going to invest heavily into pawpaws.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
He's gonna buy really, really expensive cookies.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Bored As gently caress posted:

He's gonna buy really, really expensive cookies.

If he's speedrunning Lowtax he can borrow my shotgun.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Please do it you very stupid clown man. Use your fantastic ignorance of what the actual product of Twitter is to burn Twitter completely to the ground and give something better the chance to be fertilized by the ashes.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Previously valued at $3.4 billion is doing a lot of work in this $1 billion indictment :v:

https://twitter.com/TheNLJ/status/1589771111104798721?t=0LaNjb1gIV0-2DW1YfTXuA&s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Previously valued at $3.4 billion is doing a lot of work in this $1 billion indictment :v:

https://twitter.com/TheNLJ/status/1589771111104798721?t=0LaNjb1gIV0-2DW1YfTXuA&s=19

Can I skate by on a felony if the crypto I steal falls below the value threshold during the trial?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

There is currently a $1.9 Billion Powerball jackpot. The drawing was supposed to be last night, but was delayed.

They are citing "security concerns" and the fact that transactions from some states were still pending in the system, which I find pretty wild. I can't find when they are doing the drawing, but the next scheduled time is this Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/07/us/powerball-lottery-record-monday-trnd/index.html

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The Fix is in

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

The Fix is in

Elon called some favors in, handed out a few horses, and now can pay for the interest in his loan to buy Twitter.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Elon called some favors in, handed out a few horses, and now can pay for the interest in his loan to buy Twitter.

The joke of capitalism is that this mind boggling amount of lottery winnings is only 1/16th of twitters annual loan repayments! 63 Million a year for 30 years. A lifetime of decadent wealth. Still not anywhere near enough to self-immolate on social media.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I can't wait for Elon to buy Powerball and rig it a la Dan Halen from Squidbillies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkyqCBwHwA

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

The joke of capitalism is that this mind boggling amount of lottery winnings is only 1/16th of twitters annual loan repayments! 63 Million a year for 30 years. A lifetime of decadent wealth. Still not anywhere near enough to self-immolate on social media.
If he were to light $10,000 on fire once a second, every second 24/7, it would take him just shy of 51 days to burn the entire $44 billion.

It's conceivable that he will burn that $44 billion quicker by just being his lovely self on Twitter.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 8, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ASAPI posted:

There is currently a $1.9 Billion Powerball jackpot. The drawing was supposed to be last night, but was delayed.

They are citing "security concerns" and the fact that transactions from some states were still pending in the system, which I find pretty wild. I can't find when they are doing the drawing, but the next scheduled time is this Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/07/us/powerball-lottery-record-monday-trnd/index.html

Ah poo poo.

I didn't win.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ah poo poo.

I didn't win.

I didn't either. A guy at work won $8.

Numbers just posted for those who care.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Good news! I didn't lose.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

You'll never truly loose until you stop playing

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

You'll never truly loose until you stop playing

At which point you win

Life is like EVE Online that way

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like venture capital crypto is finally dying. FTX has no money and is about to be bought by Binance.

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1590013613586411520?t=NeDCKW2oaeq8ukPUxHGc0A&s=19

And presidential-level turnout at this precinct I'm working because of the ballot proposals and poo poo. Lots of analysts saying that based on turnout numbers that democratic voters are taking naps in VA and FL, so might be one of those nights. Also gonna turn out lol that Republicans got Roe killed and probably won't get hurt at the ballot box about it.

Not to create a conversation about the reasons why - just sayin. Also if you're the type of person that gives poll workers a hard time (electoral or exotic) I hate you and hope you [REDACTED] quite strongly.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 8, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
As a poll worker, agreed

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
As a non poll worker, agreed.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

And presidential-level turnout at this precinct I'm working because of the ballot proposals and poo poo. Lots of analysts saying that based on turnout numbers that democratic voters are taking naps in VA and FL, so might be one of those nights. Also gonna turn out lol that Republicans got Roe killed and probably won't get hurt at the ballot box about it.

Not to create a conversation about the reasons why - just sayin. Also if you're the type of person that gives poll workers a hard time (electoral or exotic) I hate you and hope you [REDACTED] quite strongly.

I like hearing that turnout is good today.

I was impressed by the size of line we had when we went to early vote. One of the workers said that she thinks this will be a record turnout for their site, I hope that rings true for the county/state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ASAPI posted:

I like hearing that turnout is good today.

There's an outright abortion yes/no proposal on the ballot here, which may explain why I'm seeing far more young women, and lots of other semi-confused first time voters, than I've ever seen here. Could also just be happenstance as I'm at the main check-in position the whole day and the last election was a low-turnout primary. We have six hours to go and we're +100 on the August primary numbers.

https://twitter.com/SarahMeyerNYC/status/1590038361653530624?t=kUOVzNVpD1Tw4CsCfsovYg&s=19