Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
One winning Powerball ticket was sold.

In California, where there is no tax on lottery winnings.

Final jackpot total was $2.04 billion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

And presidential-level turnout at this precinct I'm working because of the ballot proposals and poo poo. Lots of analysts saying that based on turnout numbers that democratic voters are taking naps in VA and FL, so might be one of those nights. Also gonna turn out lol that Republicans got Roe killed and probably won't get hurt at the ballot box about it.

You are saying that despite Roe and everything, what you’re seeing on the ground is that Dems aren’t coming out to vote, and republicans are going to win?

Or am I misinterpreting

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Quick reminder that mail in voting is still a thing (for many areas) and we likely won’t know many results until at least tomorrow if not longer.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MrMojok posted:

You are saying that despite Roe and everything, what you’re seeing on the ground is that Dems aren’t coming out to vote, and republicans are going to win?

Or am I misinterpreting

Yeah you're interpreting correctly:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1590042484041986050?t=Pwqtt4A6EZAF8B2hLfa5rg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1590037306286952449?t=-_nvvRcoclyFTDgKuImSlg&s=19

But things may still change! Just a lot like 2021 where Democrats hit their turnout goals, but Republicans turned out even higher than usual. Note this is *NOT* my local read, as turnout is likely bonkers around here due to state-specific issues.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

McNally posted:

I just saw that headline.

Hopefully that person uses the money for good. Or squanders it in a hilarious fashion publically.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They should buy Twitter

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I honestly don’t understand who anybody can look at what’s at stake and just shrug their shoulders and decide to skip the eletction. Democrats in Miami don’t care about abortion rights?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

davecrazy posted:

I honestly don’t understand who anybody can look at what’s at stake and just shrug their shoulders and decide to skip the eletction. Democrats in Miami don’t care about abortion rights?

the same conversation that comes up every election of the last however many years: it's not that they don't care, it's a mixture of "every single loving election is the ~most important of our lives~ and i'm loving sick of it" and "they campaigned on enshrining [rights that got deleted by the supreme court] years ago and didn't do it then and half of their campaign promises evaporate the instant the results are in"

and that's before you factor in all the other constant bullshit around voting rights, disinformation, and everything else

e: that said it's still way too early to poo poo on any particular voting bloc until the results are actually in

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
As a former Floridian, I would not extrapolate what's going on there to the rest of the country. The state Democratic party is a disaster, not to mention the state gets redder and redder with each year. It's demotivating to know that your vote is unlikely to change anything for the better, and at best you're probably just delaying the inevitable: FL has become a chud Mecca.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
bugs-bunny-sawing-off-florida.gif

bengy81
May 8, 2010
As far as VA is concerned, there aren't any state initiatives on the ballot, so maybe that's part of the low turnout? The only thing on my ballot was VA congressional district 1. I cast my vote but honestly it was a waste of time, the republicans have that seat locked down.
I really like the voting rules in Colorado, no campaigning within 500' of a polling place is really nice. The republicans were set up right outside our precinct trying to get people signed up and it was super awkward trying to ignore them.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mustang posted:

It's demotivating to know that your vote is unlikely to change anything
On the positive side of this, I used to skip general elections when I lived in DC because whoever had (D) next to their name was going to get 85% of the vote. Like so many cities, the primary was the real election, and there were no statewide races obviously.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1589997420288483328?t=2l6fsSEJToEUVtC0sw6Rfg&s=19

Looking forward to the Gulags for "Unpatriotic Speech" for anyone who's ever said anything bad about him on Twitter.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I voted to legalized shrooms, so there is that

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I voted to legalized shrooms, so there is that

I started microdosing a bit ago. I noticed a change Within the first few days
Inside the first week, my wife noticed a difference.

Massive Side Effect- way too in touch with my emotions on this poo poo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Lot of election talk happening in this thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

e: sorry McNally was responding to others. My bad.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1589997420288483328?t=2l6fsSEJToEUVtC0sw6Rfg&s=19

Looking forward to the Gulags for "Unpatriotic Speech" for anyone who's ever said anything bad about him on Twitter.

Jesus.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

bulletsponge13 posted:

I started microdosing a bit ago. I noticed a change Within the first few days
Inside the first week, my wife noticed a difference.

Massive Side Effect- way too in touch with my emotions on this poo poo.

I have no idea how people get started with this poo poo. At some point I really need to figure it out.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That name will definitely be invoked as an excuse for full fat fascism in the coming years.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Get a shittier job and your coworkers will usually have a guy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Be mindful a hallucinogens "dealer" is almost never a dealer and just a dude who really loves to trip (source: I was that dude with mushrooms)

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Lets talk about current good news then!

I took part in the DigiPen Colloquium on Accessibility in Gaming yesterday and it was a massive success (in my opinion anyways)

I managed to get through an entire hour of being in the spotlight alongside two blind accessibility advocates, a project audio director at Microsoft and the Microsoft director of accessibility Xbox without making a fool of myself.
They were even super grateful for my participation and input so I count it as a massive win.

I did my part to raise awareness of photo-sensitive epilepsy and I'm really hoping this event has enabled me to secure some high profile contacts at Microsoft so I can spread the word even wider.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

I have no idea how people get started with this poo poo. At some point I really need to figure it out.

Most buy spore and grow at home, dry, grind, weigh. I bought mine from a sponsored IG ad.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Keep fighting the good fight dude, that's awesome as hell.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

SerthVarnee posted:

Lets talk about current good news then!

I took part in the DigiPen Colloquium on Accessibility in Gaming yesterday and it was a massive success (in my opinion anyways)

I managed to get through an entire hour of being in the spotlight alongside two blind accessibility advocates, a project audio director at Microsoft and the Microsoft director of accessibility Xbox without making a fool of myself.
They were even super grateful for my participation and input so I count it as a massive win.

I did my part to raise awareness of photo-sensitive epilepsy and I'm really hoping this event has enabled me to secure some high profile contacts at Microsoft so I can spread the word even wider.

ayy, nice :buddy:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

McNally posted:

Yup. It was me.

Who wants avs

Soul Dentist posted:

They should buy Twitter

I'll wait a few months first

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mustang posted:

As a former Floridian, I would not extrapolate what's going on there to the rest of the country. The state Democratic party is a disaster, not to mention the state gets redder and redder with each year. It's demotivating to know that your vote is unlikely to change anything for the better, and at best you're probably just delaying the inevitable: FL has become a chud Mecca.

Florida's pretty much a lost cause at this point. For every decent person I know there's 20 different flavors of shithead. The state's deep red and has been for a while. I strongly suspect the state legislature looks the same as it feels the state does on the national level but Idk the easiest way to check the historical breakdown of D/R

e: oh nvm

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yup. It was me.

Who wants avs

I'll wait a few months first

God at this point it would be nice to see someone on this site get a help up in life even if it's only to watch them crater into the ground via text later.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

REDACTED

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 9, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The thread title implies this is the midterms thread, please change it to "No. Current Events?"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Twitter has determined their solution to check marks being both buyable for $8 and also a verification item.

MOAR

CHECKMARKS

TWOOOOOOOOOOO CHECKMARKS

https://twitter.com/esthercrawford/status/1590109344976470016?t=zOgTIBr6rTczelnoSLpX7g&s=19

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Twitter has determined their solution to check marks being both buyable for $8 and also a verification item.

MOAR

CHECKMARKS

TWOOOOOOOOOOO CHECKMARKS

https://twitter.com/esthercrawford/status/1590109344976470016?t=zOgTIBr6rTczelnoSLpX7g&s=19

Hmmmm, yes, if only there were some means to identify an actual account from a fake one that had already been in place. Perhaps some sort of... check mark, possibly with a blue backdrop reflecting Twitter's color choice.

Nah, let's make a bland white-and-light gray checkmark and "Official" label that's easily lost in the text around it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
elon musk's a series of unfortunate decisions

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Copying and pasting in the other thread that I'm just now learning about.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 9, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zamujasa posted:

elon musk's a series of unfortunate decisions

The increasingly poor decisions of Elon musk

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

bulletsponge13 posted:

Most buy spore and grow at home, dry, grind, weigh. I bought mine from a sponsored IG ad.

you can also just find some fly-by-night outfit to send you various substances from TiHKAL in the mail, though the market has ebbed a bit (who knows why) and USCBP has gotten better at intercepting packages because they got some sort of fancy AI-predictive scanners to combat the CHINESE FENTANYL MENACE. but, if you can find it, getting a bit of 4-AcO-DMT/psilacetin is far less work that growing shrooms and basically the same thing (both psilocybin and psilacetin are prodrugs for psilocin, which is the actual molecule responsible for activating the trippin balls receptors)

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So all these “mushrooms for sad people” grow kits I’ve been seeing on Social Media might not be scams, Bulletsponge13? Color me shocked. I might want to try that one day when I don’t have to worry about piss testing. Definitely preferable to trying to find them for sale where I live.

Thanks for the heads up!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Elon just sold a bunch of stock. Lol.

E: Shrooms are not included in traditional 5 and 9 panel drug screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

So all these “mushrooms for sad people” grow kits I’ve been seeing on Social Media might not be scams, Bulletsponge13? Color me shocked. I might want to try that one day when I don’t have to worry about piss testing. Definitely preferable to trying to find them for sale where I live.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm lucky I don't have that concern. It honestly was a solid improvement in my life- I've noticed less pain, too. I'm bad at explaining poo poo, but my normal pharmaceutical antidepressants take the rocks in my head, and gives the sharp, manufactured edges, easy to stack; the psybicilin gives me rocks that don't stack as pretty, but have edges that fit together naturally. Made things a little clearer- it combined with the ADHD meds make me almost feel what I remember normal feeling like.

From my understanding, in most places, growing them isn't illegal; it's all the other associated poo poo that is. I dunno- I am not in a place to grow anyway. There are a few online companies that are playing "I'm not touching you" by selling you a picture, and then later you get a thank you gift distributed from a place where they are legal. Kinda like how cannabis sales were going on in DC for a bit. It's super sketch at best, but I had to try something else. I've tried 17 different meds or combinations, and none really worked. It's too early to say this is the answer or working per se, but it is a positive change so far.