Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Konstantin posted:

One thing the Miller drama does is sends every hockey parent a very clear message: If your son does something bad, do everything in your power to deny, bury, and minimize it. If it gets out, your son's career is finished, it doesn't matter how young your son is or what he does to try and atone. Taking responsibility just makes your child a target.

Are you fuckin stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Konstantin posted:

One thing the Miller drama does is sends every hockey parent a very clear message: If your son does something bad, do everything in your power to deny, bury, and minimize it. If it gets out, your son's career is finished, it doesn't matter how young your son is or what he does to try and atone. Taking responsibility just makes your child a target.

It's like a post from HFBoards floated to the shores of these forums like long lost drift wood...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mvF-UW96QU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Konstantin posted:

Yeah it's definitely this and not "make sure I teach my child not to be a racist, abusive monster"

Because let he who has not tortured a developmentally disabled peer cast the first stone

ouch
hey
who is
why are you all throwing stones is this not a normal thing to have done

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah it's definitely this and not "make sure I teach my child not to be a racist, abusive monster"

Because let he who has not tortured a developmentally disabled peer cast the first stone

ouch
hey
who is
why are you all throwing stones is this not a normal thing to have done

please dont throw rocks at konstantin that violates this very post

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So the Bruins just dumped like half a mil on his doorstep then peace out? Amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Miller started bullying the other guy in 1st grade. He was brought into juvenile court for a specific incident that happened when he was 14.

After being convicted, it continued for years anyway seemingly only ending when he went to play in the USHL. The town (Sylvania, Ohio) continues to harass the family today. Miller continues not to care about anything except the money he's losing.

Parents, if this sounds like your child and your thought is "my poor boy's future" then remember, many insurance plans cover vasectomies.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that phrase is doing a lot of work there considering:

there's definitely a fair amount of people that would say his behavior is an irredeemable sin, but I don't think that's nearly the majority. If Miller went totally the opposite way, apologized profusely + repeatedly, tried to publicly make it right, and actually atoned in some form on an ongoing basis, I think there'd be enough support to say "yeah, this kid deserves another shot."

It really doesn't sound like he's close to that.

This is what I believe as well. What Miller did was awful, but if he had made a concerted effort to atone for it, there's a chance the kid and his mother would have forgiven him and told any teams that came calling that he deserved another chance.

But by most accounts he only ever tried to reach out to the family when it looked like his hockey career might be in jeopardy.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

To be fair, there definitely are parents who are stupid/racist enough that the message they received from this is what Konstantin said instead of this, the correct one.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DannyShireyPGH/status/1590013711455879168?s=20&t=WTxo-05G_9AvNxHemTP66A

Looks like Sullivan is finally admitting that Brian Dumoulin is a problem. Also lol at Kapanen likely getting scratched. Very much deserved though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Now who needs a veteran LD we can fleece with pedigree

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/mikekellynhl/status/1589990369864822784?s=46&t=PfpnmyXn0Y-3Z3ZnCsjA9A

Carter Hart is going to die this year

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/ErikaWachter/status/1590020887671369732

Better than I expected tbh

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Is anyone happy with Risto’s game?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky

0-18?!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The Dirty Burger posted:

Carter Hart is going to die this year
He's already dead inside

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

https://twitter.com/DannyShireyPGH/status/1590013711455879168?s=20&t=WTxo-05G_9AvNxHemTP66A

Looks like Sullivan is finally admitting that Brian Dumoulin is a problem. Also lol at Kapanen likely getting scratched. Very much deserved though.

Kapanen with 9 shots, 14 minutes per in ice time, and 5 points (all at evens) +4 for his first 5 games. Since then 0 points, 6 shots, -7, and 12 minutes a night in ice time. I have no earthly idea what they saw in him beyond 'skates fast in extremely limited circumstances sometimes', but here we are. 3.2 million a year for another year after this for a player that is just a massive passenger.

Pointing out that Rakell has also been disappointing 5v5. He has 3 total points and is bottom of the forward pile with 1 point per 60 thus far.

I know I wrote a bunch about the LD side for the Pens being weak....and boy is it. I don't think there are any internal solutions to dealing with the Dumo problem and your rental options are pretty limited...send Dumo/Kap to the Yotes for Gost and idk god like Nick Ritchie?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah the Yotes aren't gonna do the Pens that kind of solid unless they're getting a Bedard lottery ticket for it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Probably not! Options only decline from there in terms of rental expiring contracts.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Also Dumo has a 10 team NTC and the teams his contract could be dumped on will certainly be on it. He isn't going anywhere.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Blueger getting back in seems like a real solid boost for the Pens and that 73% PK.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

He might. Getting better than .840 sv% on low danger (usually saved in the .930+ range) would probably help more. Last year the same tandem posted .946 on low dangers, .899 on mid dangers, and .750 on high dangers. So far the high danger sv% is .810, mid is .882, and lows are the .840. Their rates are worse though 22.4 high dangers against per 60 and 51 combined scoring chances against per 60 vs 47.35 scoring chances per and 16.35 high dangers per.

Blueger should help somewhat with that but the goaltending has to be much improved as well......and the defense has to be able to make clears. Which is something that Dumoulin has been extremely notable in....not.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSNHockey/status/1590062448165670912

Lmao

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Feel like whoever loses the Vancouver/Ottawa game tonight is going to fire their coach. I kind of wanted them to lose for this reason, but Ryan Reynolds will be in attendance tonight so the boys need to score 8

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Samsonov is week-to-week and the Leafs have a back to back on Friday-Saturday. Curious whether the Leafs start Pettuzzelli against Pittsburgh or Vancouver.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Samsonov is week-to-week and the Leafs have a back to back on Friday-Saturday. Curious whether the Leafs start Pettuzzelli against Pittsburgh or Vancouver.

Comedy option: Matt Murray returns

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1590140355101437953?t=lg4UDvxChXLEoM0NmIMbpQ&s=19

huh

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Jesus Christ

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

they're not sending their best

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/kurt_bsh/status/1590137094805954560?s=46&t=Ye2Fp30Wx4Jvb7yMcg2TLA

Been trying to place what the flyers throwbacks looked like and drat this has it nailed

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I'll join the club in celebrating Chris Neil for playing his entire career as a Senator, despite annual rumors that Glen Sather was trying to get him on the Rangers.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Look if Brown can get a statue I guess Chris having his number retired is on that spectrum

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
who's gonna be the first nhl team to retire mitchell miller's number, is the real question

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I looked at Chris Neil's career stats and wondered what prompted him getting a by-far-career-high 13:52 TOI in 2012-13 at age 33. I checked their roster and wondered how bad the team was that he was a third-liner who got 1:26 per game in power play time good for ninth in ice time among forwards, and who got bumped down to the fourth line because of him - it's the guy who currently leads the league in power play goals: Mika Zibanejad

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
the Detroit Red Wings announce they are retiring kirk maltby's #18

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, well, the team isn't working and while Bruce should bear some of the blame, throwing him under the bus isn't going to help, when Rutherford did *nothing* in the offseason to help with the obvious problems.
He's been very busy at pointing to the Ethan Bear deal as "I'm doing my job!!!", when it's too late and not enough.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

lazerwolf posted:

Is anyone happy with Risto’s game?

Chuck Fletcher.

Zodijackylite posted:

I looked at Chris Neil's career stats and wondered what prompted him getting a by-far-career-high 13:52 TOI in 2012-13 at age 33. I checked their roster and wondered how bad the team was that he was a third-liner who got 1:26 per game in power play time good for ninth in ice time among forwards, and who got bumped down to the fourth line because of him - it's the guy who currently leads the league in power play goals: Mika Zibanejad

This is hilarious.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I legit read "No one likes him..." and just nodded along

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Alfredsson jersey sitting up in the rafters next to Frank Finnegan, The Chrises and the 2007 Stanley Cup Finalist banner rules

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/jonmoxIeys/status/1590155958113939456

That’s pretty good av material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Chris Neil getting his number retired lmfao