Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Captain Thomas is a lush. No one needs that much wine. Nor should they pay that much for it.

https://buddy.farm/q/a-way-back-iv/ through 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Perfect balance or coincidence? 🤔

I am 1 GM away from 100, a couple of help requests away from 1000, a couple raptors away from 150, a couple bil away from 11 rows and like 100 cider away from 20m explorations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Saxophone posted:

Sure, but my inventory is like 1200ish so I’m getting pretty close to daily antler capacity
I need like another 200 inventory slots for kabobs.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
3 quests needing a total of 1300 herbs. Yay.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MarcusSA posted:

I still only have one egg lol

The trick is to get a second egg, then you start getting more eggs pretty quickly. Or so I have found.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Antlers and inventory are only a topic until you got a dozen Raptor Eggs. After that and some leveling of the raptors you quickly outpace it.
I went for the 150 Raptors Merit Badge early on while getting Crossbow/Bow GMs and now I am getting 40k antlers a day (34k of that is voided).

This game is full of these speed bumps, you‘re low on something because it‘s required right now, once you‘re past that, you don‘t even check anymore.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Part 3 dropped. :negative:

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

monkeytennis posted:

Part 3 dropped. :negative:

I haven't bothered to finish the first one. I go drop a hundred or so APs and Ciders in the wasteland once in a while now but gently caress that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Seaweed is at Borgen's Camp. The final quest for it needs 2000, so open up all your Large Chest 01s for 100 ancient coins each.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Or go wild on antlers

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I used Medium Chest 01 to buy the seaweed, now I am capped on Apple Ciders, guess I‘ll have to spam some Jundland for those crests to counter that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

I used Medium Chest 01 to buy the seaweed, now I am capped on Apple Ciders, guess I‘ll have to spam some Jundland for those crests to counter that.

lol I have 800 treat bags to go through before I start on the chests. I need 300 more seaweed for the tower quest

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Gonna be sad when my spooky cookies run out. I've been starting the timer on them, use my grape juices then burn through two breakfast boosts to knock out some crop GMs.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Seaweed is at Borgen's Camp. The final quest for it needs 2000, so open up all your Large Chest 01s for 100 ancient coins each.

Thank you for this!

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Borgen's camp is pretty new to me. I only really started using the Exchange Center a week ago. Is this really a rare golden opportunity? I'm probably a week away from starting ATI but I have tons of ancient coins sitting at the locksmith so could easily get the 600 seaweed I'll be needing if this is the best time to do it.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

andy_social posted:

Borgen's camp is pretty new to me. I only really started using the Exchange Center a week ago. Is this really a rare golden opportunity? I'm probably a week away from starting ATI but I have tons of ancient coins sitting at the locksmith so could easily get the 600 seaweed I'll be needing if this is the best time to do it.

Seaweed is annoying because the only way to get it otherwise is fishing, specifically large nets, which are your major source of income by that time. Using them to get seaweed gives you next to no silver instead of the billions you would get using them in pirate's cove.

Does anybody know what the cooking rebalance coming tomorrow morning consists of? I want to know if I should grind a bunch before the food gets nerfed if that's happening.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Finally hit 4x99 today with crafting! I burned out a bit after the Halloween event and spent the last week just doing my dailies but I think I'm finally back!

Is there a secret to getting more money from fishing? I'm only getting 1.2m per large net in PC and that seems low for what other people are posting. Is it a tower reward or something?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Hobojim posted:

Seaweed is annoying because the only way to get it otherwise is fishing, specifically large nets, which are your major source of income by that time. Using them to get seaweed gives you next to no silver instead of the billions you would get using them in pirate's cove.

Does anybody know what the cooking rebalance coming tomorrow morning consists of? I want to know if I should grind a bunch before the food gets nerfed if that's happening.

Supposedly it's going to allow some food during events, but there's also a nebulous mention of balance so it could be anything.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
It's so tempting to blow 10bn on the Herbs pet even though I know storehouse is the smarter bet. (Unless 10bn crop row is somehow better?)

Got my first mega mastery today - boards. :toot:

bbcisdabomb posted:

Finally hit 4x99 today with crafting! I burned out a bit after the Halloween event and spent the last week just doing my dailies but I think I'm finally back!

Is there a secret to getting more money from fishing? I'm only getting 1.2m per large net in PC and that seems low for what other people are posting. Is it a tower reward or something?

I'm getting 6mn per large net - do you have reinforced nets, GM on all the fish, and all the sales bonuses? I yield 400 fish per large net.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

It's so tempting to blow 10bn on the Herbs pet even though I know storehouse is the smarter bet. (Unless 10bn crop row is somehow better?)

Got my first mega mastery today - boards. :toot:

Capybara is only 6b to get to level 6. I'm only .75b away!

vv I forgot level 7 pets were even a thing, whoops

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 9, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

Capybara is only 6b to get to level 6. I'm only .75b away!

:toot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

I'm getting 6mn per large net - do you have reinforced nets, GM on all the fish, and all the sales bonuses? I yield 400 fish per large net.

Yes on the reinforced nets and sales bonuses, no on the GMs but that shouldn't make that big of a difference.

You know what made a big difference? Unlocking PC fish so I'm selling more than two kinds of fish. Moral of the story is to be smarter than the fish you're selling, I guess.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

You get about 1 seaweed per large net, and 15 antlers nearly makes one large net with the crafting bonuses so you might be better off going the LN for seaweed route if you also want to work on mastering some fish.

I just bought the 100b storehouse upgrade today, time to crawl towards to the 100b crop row next, then I'll start getting past T120 (unless the higher level artifacts are released beforehand)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

Yes on the reinforced nets and sales bonuses, no on the GMs but that shouldn't make that big of a difference.

You know what made a big difference? Unlocking PC fish so I'm selling more than two kinds of fish. Moral of the story is to be smarter than the fish you're selling, I guess.

:negative: how many did you void?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

With all the perks+tower net boost+sea pincher special+shrimp-a-plenty each LN in PC gives about 11.1m, which isn't too shabby.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

With all the perks+tower net boost+sea pincher special+shrimp-a-plenty each LN in PC gives about 11.1m, which isn't too shabby.

lol that’s double my 5.3 million

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kaboobi posted:

Alternatively, this is what I got from LNs during the event and no food.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

No food active right now, but everything else is maxed out and I'm getting slightly over 9m per LN

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Just making sure I’m not missing something… the only way for me to get 100 spiders is to sprint marathons through the moisty forest right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Just making sure I’m not missing something… the only way for me to get 100 spiders is to sprint marathons through the moisty forest right?

Unless you had an assload of treat bags saved up… yeah

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Or check your mailbox

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

rafikki posted:

Or check your mailbox

Thank you! My next post was going to be a pitiful begger or potentially desperate crackhead sort of vibe.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Thank you! My next post was going to be a pitiful begger or potentially desperate crackhead sort of vibe.

I have 7k spiders, keep emptying your mailbox

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

rafikki posted:

Thanks, you just saved me like 12 hours of exploring probably.

Realistically that was like a fuckin week. Thank you!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rafikki posted:

I could use a few of those if you are dumping them

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Spiders are fun because you need a lot of them early on and then when you can passively get a steady supply you don't need them anymore, so everybody will just give them away. It's like a tutorial for the community!

Just don't be like me, seeing "0 help requests left" for spiders, giving them all away immediately, and then getting a couple of quests needing cutlasses which can only be obtained by trading spiders

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hobojim posted:

Just don't be like me, seeing "0 help requests left" for spiders, giving them all away immediately, and then getting a couple of quests needing cutlasses which can only be obtained by trading spiders

This is me rn

Edit: thanks for the spiders!

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 9, 2022

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

:negative: how many did you void?

Lots, I'm sure. Luckily this game hasn't triggered my competitive streak so it doesn't bother me.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Me not paying attention? No why do you ask?

<voids 1500 ac's>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

How do I turn off items auto-locking themselves for quests?