Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

銀色のやつ!

If I can find this imported, I wanna give it a try. Just to see if there really is much of a difference.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Otana posted:

銀色のやつ!

If I can find this imported, I wanna give it a try. Just to see if there really is much of a difference.

It's going to taste like beer from a glass rather than beer from a can. No need to search down an import to try something you can replicate at home. The whole point of taking the top off is so you can smell the beer to improve the flavor which is kinda a dumb gimmick for a rice beer.

Afaik American Asahi uses a standard can.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

Afaik American Asahi uses a standard can.
So does standard Japanese Asahi--this is just a line of gimmick cans. I do believe the beer inside is the same, though.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I don't know if the opener in the original video works like this, but you might be able to get a safe enough edge to drink from with a safety can opener?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wanna see that combined with the Guinness cans that have the little gas cartridge inside.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I think my daughter has a big gas cartridge. Every time you snap your fingers she’s blasting like a goddamn pack animal. The paint is peeling and my apple tree is growing turds instead of fruit. Any hacks for this

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

freeedr posted:

I think my daughter has a big gas cartridge. Every time you snap your fingers she’s blasting like a goddamn pack animal. The paint is peeling and my apple tree is growing turds instead of fruit. Any hacks for this

Gas lifehacks? Gotcha with this one https://youtube.com/shorts/ilrI9ecN-yo?feature=share

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Some craft beer brands here in the UK used those types of cans for a little while, but I've not seen any in years. Guess people decided they were just a gimmick.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

The Stone brewery tasting room out here has cans like that without the top, but they have a machine that attaches a top so you can buy a 16 oz can of tap only beer.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

freeedr posted:

Fart artists used to be a thing, maybe your daughter can bring it back again?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Alhazred posted:

Fart artists used to be a thing, maybe your daughter can bring it back again?

Fartist.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulist

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

McPhearson posted:

The Stone brewery tasting room out here has cans like that without the top, but they have a machine that attaches a top so you can buy a 16 oz can of tap only beer.

Yeah, "crowlers". The can format keeps the beer fresh a lot longer than a glass bottle.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, "crowlers". The can format keeps the beer fresh a lot longer than a glass bottle.

Though not nearly as long as a factory-sealed can, so don't just keep it in the fridge indefinitely.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
In the newer Sims games, if you leave them alone they basically Go To Work, Eat Cereal, and Play Computer.

Make of that what you will.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Philippe posted:

In the newer Sims games, if you leave them alone they basically Go To Work, Eat Cereal, and Play Computer.

Make of that what you will.

:ssh:This has been a thing since the OG Sims games.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

:ssh:This has been a thing since the OG Sims games.
Nah in sims 1 they pissed themselves all the time too.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Croccers posted:

Nah in sims 1 they pissed themselves all the time too.

Sims 1 was a really basic life simulator and didn't have much horsepower behind the sims behavior. Most of their scripting was in the objects around (the innovation that actually let the sims work) and so your Sims would fail to take basic actions to sustain their needs. Later Sims games implemented a basic AI so they would know how to use the bathroom, make food, and sleep.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I seem to recall The Sims 1 making a point to be like "your sim can take care of himself!" and discovering that my sim takes care of himself about as well as my hamster takes care of himself. Which is to say he'll pee on the floor and eventually find the bed on his own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

credburn posted:

I seem to recall The Sims 1 making a point to be like "your sim can take care of himself!" and discovering that my sim takes care of himself about as well as my hamster takes care of himself. Which is to say he'll pee on the floor and eventually find the bed on his own.

So all Sims have severe depression.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Sims 1 was a really basic life simulator and didn't have much horsepower behind the sims behavior. Most of their scripting was in the objects around (the innovation that actually let the sims work) and so your Sims would fail to take basic actions to sustain their needs. Later Sims games implemented a basic AI so they would know how to use the bathroom, make food, and sleep.

Sims 4 sims have made a bold return to series tradition of simply being unable to take care of themselves. It's been tested, they'll straight-up die without user intervention due to a lacking AI that also has a bad tendency to break at the most inopportune of times.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've never played a the sims I thought the point was that it was like an ant farm thing, do you have to loving qwop your dudes to take a poo poo every time??

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

OwlFancier posted:

I've never played a the sims I thought the point was that it was like an ant farm thing, do you have to loving qwop your dudes to take a poo poo every time??

I've played it a bit here and there. Once I left a Sim alone for maybe 30 real time minutes while I did something else in the town. Went back and he'd set the kitchen on fire, had a random baby on the floor, and was having a complete mental breakdown so uh, yeah basically.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Did somebody say sim ant?

https://archive.org/details/msdos_SimAnt_-_The_Electronic_Ant_Colony_1991

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I played the Sims, got deep into the Sims 2 Community, and then fell out of it again when I stumbled across Kerbal Space Program.

I remember playing SImAnt for Mac in the 90's, and routinely cheesing the Red Ant Nest by finding the hole at the bottom of your own nest screen that went to their nest, and sending strike teams after their queen.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

maltesh posted:

I played the Sims, got deep into the Sims 2 Community, and then fell out of it again when I stumbled across Kerbal Space Program.

I remember playing SImAnt for Mac in the 90's, and routinely cheesing the Red Ant Nest by finding the hole at the bottom of your own nest screen that went to their nest, and sending strike teams after their queen.

Or just getting your ants to place a rock on the entrance to enemy ant nests. Very occasionally they'd dig themselves out, but then you'd just repeat until they starved to death.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I learned more about arthropods from the SimAnt manual than all the years combined in schooling.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Otana posted:

銀色のやつ!

Every time I've bought these and taken the lid off, it foams up and overflows. I assume I'm doing something wrong but I'd rather get a normal beer can and not run the goddam risk.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

nonathlon posted:

Or just getting your ants to place a rock on the entrance to enemy ant nests. Very occasionally they'd dig themselves out, but then you'd just repeat until they starved to death.

yellowjackets will do this IRL if you put a glass bowl over the hole to their nest

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rm2mtdZ4391r0uzl6.mp4

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Hell yeah, I don't use soap either.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

What?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats right

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I used to have a mould problem so I covered the entire bathroom in moss to fight it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Fighting climate change, one sink at a time.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lifehack: turn your entire bathroom into a peat bog.

Feed it your leavings, your pets, yourself.

All glory to the bog.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

That's not even moss. It's a Cladonia lichen spray painted green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I liked it more when I thought it was just poo.