Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
why would someone run as a cowboy in Georgia. theres got to be better headgear to choose to win there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

one of our cats is diabetic and a week’s worth of insulin for a human is enough for like a year for a cat

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

loquacius posted:

It's still funny to me that AFAICT every single establishment hero and Rising Star lost, and by a loving lot

Tim Ryan lost. Stacey Abrams lost. Val Demings ate poo poo. Beto O'Rourke got ethered. That guy running the obvious grift campaign against MTG based around being a troop who wears a cowboy hat got annihilated. Meanwhile, Lauren Boebert lost to some guy I've never heard of without a huge influx of out-of-state consultant money. As per usual their electoral strategy has been thoroughly defeated, they lost a poo poo-ton of money over it, and they got bailed out enough by races they weren't paying attention to that they'll call it a victory anyway and quintuple down on not changing anything.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bernie Sanders FTW

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Lansdowne posted:

let's all celebrate the real winners - the grift machine

https://twitter.com/zachdespart/status/1590393558607228928

It's honestly insane how much the campaign fundraising grift has blown up after Trump got elected. A cursory glance has Demings by herself as like the second or third most expensive Senate race(as in both candidates combined) in history pre-2018 and it got her absolutely obliterated lol

Electoral industrial complex eating previously unimaginable levels of good these days

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Excelzior posted:

typical leftists wanting universal healthcare so Elon's kids can get free checkups

Someone should be checking on those kids tbh

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

funny name for someone who looks so much like an old teetotaler

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If more of you fucks would have donated to Beto he would have won!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
don't worry they'll run Beto again

he was born for this

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

you see, you're actually stupid and privileged for wanting a higher minimum wage, because a trans woman won reelection to a Colorado state house seat

democrats.txt

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

It's honestly insane how much the campaign fundraising grift has blown up after Trump got elected. A cursory glance has Demings by herself as like the second or third most expensive Senate race(as in both candidates combined) in history pre-2018 and it got her absolutely obliterated lol

Electoral industrial complex eating previously unimaginable levels of good these days

The biggest success and legacy of Bernie 2016 is that you can raise vast sums from a broad base of small dollar rubes

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Private Cumshoe posted:

he was born for this

You've always been the nominee Mr. O'Rourke.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

ah ok so it was in line with what people viewed as the best possible outcome for the dems.

Lol Im starting to realize that a senile Biden is a better and more successful politician than Obama was.

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Also this man is the new king of Ohio

Nothus posted:

Will Menaker looking mf

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

loquacius posted:

It's still funny to me that AFAICT every single establishment hero and Rising Star lost, and by a loving lot

Tim Ryan lost. Stacey Abrams lost. Val Demings ate poo poo. Beto O'Rourke got ethered. That guy running the obvious grift campaign against MTG based around being a troop who wears a cowboy hat got annihilated. Meanwhile, Lauren Boebert lost to some guy I've never heard of without a huge influx of out-of-state consultant money. As per usual their electoral strategy has been thoroughly defeated, they lost a poo poo-ton of money over it, and they got bailed out enough by races they weren't paying attention to that they'll call it a victory anyway and quintuple down on not changing anything.

I'm willing to agree with the pundits take that Tim Ryan did as good as any dem possibly could in that race, it was just unwinnable in Ohio, a state that gets chuddier by the day.

Loling though at Abrams, Demings and O'Rourke, they were always lost causes.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Private Cumshoe posted:

he was born for this

Born it be in it, but not win.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

Don't forget Crist in Florida!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Yup, it's a shame that others in this thread would disagree

why are libs so mad that so many democrats won yesterday thanks to lefty voters? :confused:

like, who itt would disagree that moderates eating poo poo is a good thing, and why are you so angry that everyone agrees it's a good thing?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

Man I don't know who you think you're arguing with here or what any of your posts have had to do with any of your other posts or any of the posts you are theoretically responding to

this is the second lib poster I've come across today who's JUST FURIOUS at lefties for helping dems win yesterday & I seriously don't understand it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Actually you’ll find that it was suburban republicans who gave the democrats their victory and not the youth, the left, or the progressives.
- NYT op-ed this weekend

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm willing to agree with the pundits take that Tim Ryan did as good as any dem possibly could in that race, it was just unwinnable in Ohio, a state that gets chuddier by the day.

None of them had a chance, which is why it's incredibly funny they had so much money thrown at them. Still loling at MTG crushing the big money DNC guy and Boebert getting knocked out by a nobody

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Nastier Nate posted:

The funniest part about Abrams is that despite being a supposed Dem superstar she was handily outperformed by Warnock who picked up ~200K more votes than her. Yeah the people love Stacey so much that hundreds of thousands of them pulled the lever for her Republican opponent despite also voting for the Dem senator.

She's a loving loser and any party actually interested in winning elections would drop her like a hot potato but instead we all know she'll be back to set another couple hundred million donor dollars on fire in 2-4 years.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

Actually you’ll find that it was suburban republicans who gave the democrats their victory and not the youth, the left, or the progressives.
- NYT op-ed this weekend

"We could have gotten over the hump if we didn't make so many concessions to the left" is absolutely ready to roll off the assembly line at the take factory

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so what’s the damage, I went to bed early

C-SPAM as always was on the wrong side of history. Sad!

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Also this man is the new king of Ohio

Of course he won, he's got the state map for a face

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Had to be Roe that saved dems. I wonder what happens if they do not deliver on the promise of codification

if? lol, lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

C-SPAM as always was on the wrong side of history. Sad!

Yes, sadly because of this it closes at midnight

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1590414237771276288

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1590423842887196673

https://twitter.com/mariashriver/status/1590201788191629312

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1590439389171105792?s=20&t=tuvDe4VBBILFqzUrFZcdzQ

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Vance getting eyeliner tips from Shriver

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tim Ryan what a loss for our country!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

why can't they just be losers who should never be on a ballot? because that is what they are

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Fleetwood posted:

my twenty pound puussy had diabetes, lost seven pounds and now looks like a wizards sleeve flapping in the wind when it runs but dems remain vigilant

sounds like it's easier to clean now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you vote for the dems because youre a liberal, i vote dem because i put my money on the highest odds

we are not the same

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

Tim Ryan what a loss for our country!

https://youtu.be/rJJw2zejBE8

I saw this ad so many loving times. I hate this stupid rear end in a top hat

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

: book

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

bedpan posted:

why can't they just be losers who should never be on a ballot? because that is what they are
because these pundits smell consulting opportunities and will keep the door open until the candidates can't pull in bags of cash anymore

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Someone explain Ohio to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

gently caress all 3 of you. I'm glad they lost and you scumbags are unhappy. Suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat.