Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

hey buddy, you need to get yourself a custom avatar (or have someone angrily buy you one, like me) before you start throwing those kinds of disses around

lol wait someone bought your av as an own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

heres the nbc one so far

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/mags_mclaugh/st...ingawful.com%2F

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol wait someone bought your av as an own?

yea and it's loving awesome, isn't it

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York
Woah fellas, fellas, let's not resort to extremism here: trust the polls sometimes, about 50% of the time.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

biceps crimes posted:

are gays legalized yet

Supreme Court will ban gays just before 2024 election and create blue tsunami

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Good thing the Dems will learn nothing from this. See you in 2024, fuckos!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

HallelujahLee posted:

heres the nbc one so far

Net +13

:pathetic:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

yea and it's loving awesome, isn't it

I always have to watch it cycle a few times because of the anime guy's reaction

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

Woah fellas, fellas, let's not resort to extremism here: trust the polls sometimes, about 50% of the time.

Trust the polls 100% of the time but with only an 83% confidence, so really your prediction was still right

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

they'll learn that pennsylvania has always been a far left state but that new yorkers are so concerned about crime that the republicans' perceived advantage on it helped them win big in what was considered a safe blue state so the dems need to double down and take away their advantage on tough on crime

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The election is going to result in a hilariously weird outcome where the Republicans have a narrow 4-seat majority in the House that was made possible entirely by districts from New York City that flipped over crime, and in the same election, they lost almost every southern Texas district and every lean Republican district in Ohio.

This sure was a weird one.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The election is going to result in a hilariously weird outcome where the Republicans have a 4-seat majority in the House that was made possible entirely by districts from New York City that flipped over crime, and in the same election, they lost almost every southern Texas district and every lean Republican district in Ohio.

Cuomo should be executed by DCCC tribunal

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

they need to basically remove everyone who has Cuomo's touch. lol at that happening though. I hope the constellation of left orgs in NY smell blood in the water and drop all decorum but I doubt thatll happen either

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well i'm glad republicans are mad

Tomorrow we can resume the slow slide to oblivion

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The election is going to result in a hilariously weird outcome where the Republicans have a narrow 4-seat majority in the House that was made possible entirely by districts from New York City that flipped over crime, and in the same election, they lost almost every southern Texas district and every lean Republican district in Ohio.

I can't wait to see what kind of weird infighting this is going to produce

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

I can't wait to see what kind of weird infighting this is going to produce

kevin mccarthy couped and speaker marjorie taylor greene

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shear Modulus posted:

kevin mccarthy couped and speaker marjorie taylor greene

kevin mccarthy did not post any based memes or even a single fire tweet according to benny johnson so this might just happen

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Cuomo should be executed by DCCC tribunal

The (now former) head of the DCCC is one of the four Democrats in NYC who lost a seat to a Republican, lmao.

Just to clarify how weird and crazy the situation is:

- The head of the DCCC lost to a Republican.
- 4 districts in LIBERAL NEW YORK CITY VALUES flipped to Republicans.
- Democrats lost a suburban and highly educated district in New Jersey that was the district of an incumbent running for re-election.
- Republicans successfully defended two districts in Miami that people assumed were flukes in 2020.

Yet, at the same time:

- Democrats are doing better in Montana than they did in districts in the middle of NYC.
- The #4 of the Republican conference who had a gerrymandered R+9 district to protect her lost to a random Democrat.
- Democrats are leading a race in Alaska to beat both Sarah Palin and the Republican grandson of the Alaskan politician who over half of all government buildings in Alaska are named after.
- Dems took an R+13 district in southern Ohio.

Literally 100% of the Republican majority is likely to come from deep NYC and suburban New Jersey.

And Dems are likely going to to keep the losses to a minimum because, in the same election they got spanked in NYC, they are flipping Republican districts in rural PA, suburban NC, Alaska, and rural Ohio.

The Republican party is going to have a tiny house majority powered by New York courts that tossed out the Democratic gerrymander, orthodox Jews, and New York City urbanites upset about crime.

Truly a weird one.

Leon Trotsky 2012 has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Nov 10, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1590480435058184195

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Business Gorillas posted:

they weren't tough enough on crime

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What, you want the Democrats to ENCOURAGE crime???

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

they weren't tough enough on crime

The tough on crime rhetoric will continue till electoral results improve

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmao boebert won

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao boebert won

stop the steal

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao boebert won

Lmao if only that race had gotten a few scraps of the cash infusions that went to Texas and Florida

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, I've watched democrats do that "destruction of a fundamental right in abortion" dance for decades; they're not going to stop their streak now when it's proven to be so lucrative election-wise & for fundraising.

Sure the dems will keep fundraising on the most important election of our lives, but this time the republicans had actually pulled the trigger and killed Roe and the response was, well, mostly stasis. Abortion will never again be as strong of a campaign issue as it was this cycle. Republicans grabbed a political third rail with both hands and was only mildly singed for it

Like, think of all the decorum breaches that have happened in the last two years: abortion, trampling voting rights, insurrection!, and then consider that the response at the very height of relevancy for any of those things was to barely hold the Senate and to not lose the House by too much. Barely losing may be the best showing in a midterm in a generation, but we've been told repeatedly that republican actions were signs of the total destruction of democracy

The cynical democrats who knew Jan 6th and abortion rights were all a big joke to fundraise on without doing anything should absolutely be claiming their victory and patting each other on the shoulders right now.

The true believer idiot democrats who think Jan 6th was an insurrection or that the democrats really do care about protecting anyone under seven figures net worth's rights should be making GBS threads themselves in absolute terror that *this* was the best America could do in the face of existential crisis.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao boebert won

Maybe not!

Looks like she is going to lose by a tiny amount, it will trigger an automatic recount, and we won't officially know for about two weeks.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1590495953144139776
https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1590495958181515264
https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1590495959813091328

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao boebert won

Did her opponent finally concede or what

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

it's a dying nation, poo poo is going to get real weird as things fold.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

never trust polls

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Buffer posted:

I predict that they will blame the left, activists, us, and bernie

I am very bold in my predictions

https://twitter.com/CityAndStateNY/status/1590492186222596096

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao boebert won

No she didn't? She is still behind by 62 votes.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
So the Most Important Election of Our Lives was just a wheezy little fart huh

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

So the Most Important Election of Our Lives was just a wheezy little fart huh

C-Spam got owned, at least. It was like watching the 2016 election thread all over again.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
please rename the thread "the demokkkrats are going to be destroyed by the 22nd of October 1844"

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Kazzah posted:

please rename the thread "the demokkkrats are going to be destroyed by the 22nd of October 1844"

listen, election day merely marked the cleansing of the succ sanctuary, the next step to the glorious day when they are truly owned

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm tired and not feeling too hot, think I'm catching the kid's cold. could someone sum up succinctly the results of the gubernatorial, house and senate races and what those results imply for unionization efforts and weed?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'm tired and not feeling too hot, think I'm catching the kid's cold. could someone sum up succinctly the results of the gubernatorial, house and senate races and what those results imply for unionization efforts and weed?
Dems lost the house by 1-9 seats, are -1 to +1 in the Senate, and a mixed bag on governorships. Weed is legal in Maryland and Missouri, Michigan says they're ending Right To Work as their first action, I don't think we've heard anything else yet.

Sorry, Maryland, not New Jersey.

Tibalt has issued a correction as of 02:26 on Nov 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so, like, exactly nothing has changed then except michigan is getting better?

while not what I would really have liked, I think this can be considered a triumph for democracy

e: wasn't this how the midterms during obama's first term played out? except the michigan part

we are going to have 2 term joe and a cadaver impeachment

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Nov 10, 2022