Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Quackles posted:

I believe there's a limit of 20 decks.

I have no idea and stopped reading the SA Hearthstone thread(s) years ago but I'd bet an 8 cube Snap that the person you quoted was referring to DaC complaining about deck limits in Hearthstone.

Edit: either way, DaC, have a nice night

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tender Bender posted:

I think I'm gonna ultimately cut X for this reason: for every game he wins for me there's several where he's dead weight or it backfires. Still it's so satisfying when you pull it off that I'll probably try to make it work.

Storm I like a lot though, the 3 cost is flexible and the secondary effect is that she ruins a bad location which can be key, sort of a Scarlet Witch effect without the randomness.

Actually that's a good point and makes me tempted to try her in place of Scarlet Witch. Shame she costs one more energy though.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

quiggy posted:

Actually that's a good point and makes me tempted to try her in place of Scarlet Witch. Shame she costs one more energy though.

Protip: Play both so you can use Scarlet witch to bail you out if your Storm play goes wrong.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quackles posted:

I believe there's a limit of 20 decks.

Correct. But it will amuse you to know that was increased from 9 during beta.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I'm enjoying the gently caress out of the current featured location. I'm constantly making like 90+ power Deadpools.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Interestingly, it seems like Death effectively still gets the Energy reduction from destroyed cards even when she's already at 0. Just had a game where Squirrel Girl + Central Park + the opponent playing a bunch of one drops + my Killmonger got her down to zero. The opponent played Iceman on to a Sinister London and both of them hit her, but each time her cost just went back down to zero.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

Bland posted:

Protip: Play both so you can use Scarlet witch to bail you out if your Storm play goes wrong.

But you won't know if it went wrong since the next turn at that location is the last?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

mirror123 posted:

But you won't know if it went wrong since the next turn at that location is the last?

For example, if your opponent plays Groot in the same lane you play Storm that turn and you're not confident you can overcome that power difference with what you have in hand. Just Scarlet Witch and watch your opponent overcommit to that lane.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm kind of sick of seeing this post.

Don't sign your posts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

1stGear posted:

Interestingly, it seems like Death effectively still gets the Energy reduction from destroyed cards even when she's already at 0. Just had a game where Squirrel Girl + Central Park + the opponent playing a bunch of one drops + my Killmonger got her down to zero. The opponent played Iceman on to a Sinister London and both of them hit her, but each time her cost just went back down to zero.

I've had her be at 3 after opponent plays Wave, too

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Ran into my first opponent with a title while running my Patriot deck and they showed me what a real Patriot deck looks like. Turns out it's Blue Marvel + Ultron :stonk:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey found a good use for Maw. If you put him on Invisible Woman (and presumably Dark Dimension/Lemuria) you can stack whatever else you want in top of him

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
People go in all pre flop all the time* in poker. The equivalent of a round 1 snap with the same implications and outcomes.

*Degen casual games.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Is your ranked progression reset every month/season?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh we're talking about decks? Fun fact you can't really select decks 8+ in the Steam version. You can drag and hold but when you let go it snaps back to showing your first bunch of decks. You can barely get 7th if you click on the edge apparently the hitbox is before the name is visible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh we're talking about decks? Fun fact you can't really select decks 8+ in the Steam version. You can drag and hold but when you let go it snaps back to showing your first bunch of decks. You can barely get 7th if you click on the edge apparently the hitbox is before the name is visible.
You can click 8 by clicking way offscreen in the black box where the screen isn't displayed, it just keeps going out there. Pretty lol tho.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

No Wave posted:

You can click 8 by clicking way offscreen in the black box where the screen isn't displayed, it just keeps going out there. Pretty lol tho.

Ha!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

suction posted:

Is your ranked progression reset every month/season?

It drops 30 ranks from the highest multiple of ten you achieved, so 59->20, 61->30, etc

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I removed Heimdall and Multiple Man from my movement deck and I don't immediately dislike it. (Iron Fist too.)

uXs fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 10, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

I've had her be at 3 after opponent plays Wave, too

Wave's cost setting ability applies before any cost reductions. That's why Deathwave decks only include enough destroy effects to guarantee killing two cards - it allows them to play Death at 2 alongside their big play on turn 6.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
did a turn 5 Killmonger against a person i think was running a Single Cost deck, wiped their board and they instantly retreated

Lemon
May 22, 2003

:eyepop:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

uXs posted:

I removed Heimdall and Multiple Man from my movement deck and I don't immediately dislike it. (Iron Fist too.)

So you have a movement deck that doesn't move?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Opopanax posted:

So you have a movement deck that doesn't move?

Still has Nightcrawler, Kraven, Cloak, Doctor Strange, Vulture, Miles, and Vision.

Stuff still moves around, but it doesn't rely on the big Heimdall move in the end. It's a bit freeing actually.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If you play Hobgoblin and the opponent plays Professor X, and his card activates first, Hobgoblin activates but stays on your side of the board. RIP

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
People like to make fun of Quicksilver and Domino, but they honestly feel pretty decent in my early pool 3 Lockjaw/Jubilee deck.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

I enjoy this game

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

uXs posted:

Still has Nightcrawler, Kraven, Cloak, Doctor Strange, Vulture, Miles, and Vision.

Stuff still moves around, but it doesn't rely on the big Heimdall move in the end. It's a bit freeing actually.

I’ve similarly had success with decks that were half a gimmick (like your movement “deck”) and the other half are strong cards like Lizard or American Chavez that serves as a foundation. I don’t know how meta those 12 cards are, but it feels like decks like that perform better than expected.

I’m guessing all of that changes once you get into pool 3 and have all of the cards you need to run for-serious self’s though.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tender Bender posted:

If you play Hobgoblin and the opponent plays Professor X, and his card activates first, Hobgoblin activates but stays on your side of the board. RIP

Yeah, once Professor X activates, cards can't be moved or destroyed or anything. I beat a destroy deck that way - I played Professor X on a lane just as he played small dudges and Carnage.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Lack of Bear posted:

I enjoy this game

Someone help me with the math here. Each Onslaught doubles the effect of Iron Man and the other Onslaughts.

Iron Man = 2x power
Iron Man + 1 Onslaught = 4x power
Iron Man + 2 Onslaughts = 32x power (each one doubles the other, so both double iron man twice, 2*4*4 = 32)
Iron Man + 3 Onslaughts = 1024x power (each Onslaught does 2*2*2 = 8x, 2 * 8 * 8 * 8 = 1024)

1024 x 21 does not equal Integer.max

I've seen the same thing happen with Onslaught's Citadel as well, it's like the game just gives up and just gives you 'big number'.

I assume it's just bugged?

Edit: corrected math

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 10, 2022

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Each Onslaught multiplies the others' own ongoing multiplication effect.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Someone help me with the math here. Each Onslaught doubles the effect of Iron Man and the other Onslaughts.

Iron Man = 2x power
Iron Man + 1 Onslaught = 4x power
Iron Man + 2 Onslaughts = 32x power (each one doubles the other, so both double iron man twice, 2*4*4 = 32)
Iron Man + 3 Onslaughts = 1024x power (each Onslaught does 2*2*2 = 8x, 2 * 8 * 8 * 8 = 1024)

1024 x 21 does not equal Integer.max

I've seen the same thing happen with Onslaught's Citadel as well, it's like the game just gives up and just gives you 'big number'.

I assume it's just bugged?

Edit: corrected math

The Onslaughts don't just double each other. It's exponential.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I imagine even if you're happy playing on PC, you still might check the inbox and news section on mobile once a week. Right now you can still claim 50 credits and a Hulk variant (expires next Monday).

i don't see that, the only things i have are a button for "watch more". i'm playing on steam, is there another step?

e: nm saw that you said on mobile, found it there. for a crossplay game they should at least put a thing that says 'sign in here too' for this, idk

e2: its the variant i already leveled up enough to split :negative:

Chard fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 10, 2022

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Oh, it's probably coded as an infinite loop. Because 1 doubles 2, which then causes 1's effect to double again, which then doubles 2 again, etc.

Weird interaction to have it recalculate after every doubling like that, but I guess that's how the rules are coded to deal with other edge cases.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:lmao:

e:

Lack of Bear posted:

I enjoy this game

what the gently caress

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I’ve similarly had success with decks that were half a gimmick (like your movement “deck”) and the other half are strong cards like Lizard or American Chavez that serves as a foundation. I don’t know how meta those 12 cards are, but it feels like decks like that perform better than expected.

I’m guessing all of that changes once you get into pool 3 and have all of the cards you need to run for-serious self’s though.

This is the pool 3 deck I've been running since I opened Destroyer and nah it's a similar idea, you've got a couple different paths to victory that synergize with each other. Even if you can't get the Cosmo/Destroyer combo off you still have a lot of strong Ongoing cards combined with Spectrum and can win off the back of that.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I've been running cosmos just to mess with the Blank Panther + Zola combo that I keep bumping into in early pool 3.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Oh, it's probably coded as an infinite loop. Because 1 doubles 2, which then causes 1's effect to double again, which then doubles 2 again, etc.

Weird interaction to have it recalculate after every doubling like that, but I guess that's how the rules are coded to deal with other edge cases.

No, it isn't infinite. It's just each Onslaught is triggering 2^2^2 times, which causes Ironman to trigger 24 times, or thereabouts.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Oh poo poo, just realized I have all the pool 2 cards!

I'm out of the kiddie pool now you guys. (I've already been running into the occasional deck that used pool 3 cards. Didn't count but can't have been more than 1 card per deck.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Tonight's Stupid Deck: Hela Lockjawbilee

(Swarm, Sif, and Lockjaw were the only cards played from hand)

# (1) Quicksilver
# (1) Blade
# (2) Swarm
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Moon Girl
# (6) Hela
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut