Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Jedit posted:

You have everything you need for Destroyer Ongoing.

https://marvelsnapzone.com/decks/warpath-destroyer-deck/

This is the exact deck I've been playing for a few days, extremely fun and good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

Hulkbuster does that with everything. Movement decks love to play Iron Fist into Hulkbuster on Multiple Man. Another strong combo is Hulkbuster on Deadpool in a copying location.

Iron Fist, play Cloak in empty location. If you had Kraven you can now move him + 3 cards to that empty location.

edit:

Played someone who put Nova and Bucky Barnes in Wakanda.

Wakanda, in case you forgot, doesn't allow you to destroy cards. I thought they were going to play something like Storm or whatever to change the location and then destroy them, but no: the next 2 cards there were Agent13 and Carnage.

(I still lost.)

uXs fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 10, 2022

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also this is my silliest win.

https://imgur.com/a/lExOHNA

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

- Carnaging a lane where the opponent had played Cosmo a few turns previously and being very confused.

- Playing Hobgoblin into a location when On Reveal abilities happen twice.

I r smart.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Refreshing does so little for your collection - 1200 gold gets you not even 3 days of progression. I'm saving for the four variants I want (Chibi Harkness, Captain Marvel Goose, baby nightcrawler, anime jubilee). Seems more fun to add some tension to the daily shop refresh.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Here's a fun example of my boy Professor X backfiring on me:

Context: The middle site had swapped the power and energy cost of the cards in our hands.
Turn 2: I played 2/3 Storm in the middle.
Turn 3: Confident he would try to shore up the middle location, I played 3/5 Professor X on the left.
Instead, he played his now 0/5 Hobgoblin on the left. He didn't realize that it would switch to my side and give me a free 5 power! Except my Professor X locked him down and saved him from his mistake.

I still won because he didn't have anything that could win the right. The beauty of zone shutdown is that even if a play backfires, you're planning on having only one or two lanes available by the final turns, and they don't have that knowledge, so you can plan your plays accordingly. I added Uatu to help support that.

Now that I think about it, I might try to fit Dino in here, having a big boy to slam down would probably be beneficial. Although Moon Girl doesn't fit with the tempo.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Jedit posted:

If you don't spend gold on credits then it will naturally accumulate over time because there's nothing else to do with it apart from buy variants. Once you have a full collection you'll soon be able to get what you want.

I desperately keep telling myself that, but then I look at the store and think I could be the proud owner of this right now

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Killmonger on Dark Dimension is so satisfying, this game lets you be so rude to your opponent, I love it

What's everyone else's rudest interaction

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The peak is so scary. I'm glad my opponents are uncompetitive enough to slam their white tigers and iron mans turn 1 so I can get out for 1 cube.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tender Bender posted:

Here's a fun example of my boy Professor X backfiring on me:

Context: The middle site had swapped the power and energy cost of the cards in our hands.
Turn 2: I played 2/3 Storm in the middle.
Turn 3: Confident he would try to shore up the middle location, I played 3/5 Professor X on the left.
Instead, he played his now 0/5 Hobgoblin on the left. He didn't realize that it would switch to my side and give me a free 5 power! Except my Professor X locked him down and saved him from his mistake.

I still won because he didn't have anything that could win the right. The beauty of zone shutdown is that even if a play backfires, you're planning on having only one or two lanes available by the final turns, and they don't have that knowledge, so you can plan your plays accordingly. I added Uatu to help support that.

Now that I think about it, I might try to fit Dino in here, having a big boy to slam down would probably be beneficial. Although Moon Girl doesn't fit with the tempo.

Hobgoblin wouldn’t have moved anyways since it’s on Knowhere. It wasn’t your fault, man. It wasn’t your fault!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Hobgoblin wouldn’t have moved anyways since it’s on Knowhere. It wasn’t your fault, man. It wasn’t your fault!

Haha I completely missed that. I love this game.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Here is my funniest win so far. Agatha completely randomizes your play except she will always play herself if she can

Edit: Morph also turned into death.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

goferchan posted:

This is the pool 3 deck I've been running since I opened Destroyer and nah it's a similar idea, you've got a couple different paths to victory that synergize with each other. Even if you can't get the Cosmo/Destroyer combo off you still have a lot of strong Ongoing cards combined with Spectrum and can win off the back of that.

Awesome; thank you for your correction! The people who made this game have done such a good job with the cards, I’m glad that some of the items you get starting off still work well by the time you reach end game.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Shwqa posted:

Here is my funniest win so far. Agatha completely randomizes your play except she will always play herself if she can

Edit: Morph also turned into death.

Just to confirm, Agatha is truly random? The AI doesn't recognize the board state or synergies?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Shwqa posted:

I got her from The Triskelion once and she played terribly. Turn 6 comes, she plays herself and then my opponent also plays a copy of Agatha. The game was lost.

I don't like that woman.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tweaked my Destroyer deck and I've been having fun with it

code:

# (1) Nova
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Wolverine
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Destroyer
#
==

Needs a few things to go right but it has a couple fall backs in there. Sue wound up being a big piece, if you're lucky you can put Maw on her, and I can tuck Abomination or whoever else there and they're protected since they don't technically show up until after Destroyer does his thing

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Agatha draws you an extra card at the start of the game, so there is at least some advantage to playing her. But if I'm interpreting the stats correctly she is an extremely low performer.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 10, 2022

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Agatha and ego are just not fun

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

Just to confirm, Agatha is truly random? The AI doesn't recognize the board state or synergies?

She plays on murder world location just to kill off my cards for no reason. She could play wave and immediately come out next turn but decided to go electro.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Shwqa posted:

She plays on murder world location just to kill off my cards for no reason. She could play wave and immediately come out next turn but decided to go electro.

That seems like a bug, she's always supposed to play herself when possible

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So it's a lot of bots all the way up to rank 30 again this season?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Squiggly posted:

It wasn't possible, though. If she had no alternative play to Wave would have made it, then played herself because she could. But she's under no obligation to enable herself to be played.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Squiggly posted:

You are asking quite a lot of the AI here...

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
how to win the game on turn 2

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is Ego dumb as poo poo in the comics too?

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Just Chamber posted:

So it's a lot of bots all the way up to rank 30 again this season?

yeah and its weird, seems like there are plenty of players but every couple games I am getting a braindead bot making bizarre plays. Like I've snapped on turn 3 and they play it out, playing cards on turn 6 that wouldn't even win the lane they are playing in

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

I am just a few cards into Pool 2 and just pulled in order Storm, Infinaut, Shang Chi, and Killmonger. Time to scroll back through thread and see what cool stuff I can make now

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Reek posted:

yeah and its weird, seems like there are plenty of players but every couple games I am getting a braindead bot making bizarre plays. Like I've snapped on turn 3 and they play it out, playing cards on turn 6 that wouldn't even win the lane they are playing in

This is happening for me in the 50s, FWIW. Bizarre plays. And for whatever reason it feels like they’re all running crappy discard decks

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Toozler posted:

I am just a few cards into Pool 2 and just pulled in order Storm, Infinaut, Shang Chi, and Killmonger. Time to scroll back through thread and see what cool stuff I can make now

killmonger is great, especially early pool 2. throw him in a deck with nova for a late game buff all of your cards/destroy your opponents zoo/sunspot/antman/ebony maw/whatevers

storm can be a little more tricky to pull off what you want but a storm -> jessica jones combo works pretty well

infinaut can be fun but I found it was more miss than hit when trying to play him. either I didn't have enough power on the board where I could not play turn 5 or my opponent saw it coming and just left when I didn't play a card anyway

shang chi is ride or die right now with shuri's location, throw him in a deck to destroy their entire powered up location or take down their devil dino after they drop him and snap

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

It wasn't possible, though. If she had no alternative play to Wave would have made it, then played herself because she could. But she's under no obligation to enable herself to be played.

I missed the "could" and thought that wave had been played. No bug then just unfortunate hahahaha

That's Agatha!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Toozler posted:

I'm currently down to my last card of Pool 2, second to last was the Ebony Maw, the card I'm waiting on, Killmonger.

:sigh:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Toozler posted:

Infinaut you can't really feel good about running without sunspot and/or jubilee. The other three you can just throw into a dino deck and play it all of pool 2.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
At what collection level do you get all the cards?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Squiggly posted:

That's Agatha!

It was Agatha all along.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Very wise turn 6 snapback from this guy. His 1 drops were actually all in the flooded lane and wouldn't have been more power even if they had all been alive.

Reek posted:

infinaut can be fun but I found it was more miss than hit when trying to play him. either I didn't have enough power on the board where I could not play turn 5 or my opponent saw it coming and just left when I didn't play a card anyway

This is making me wonder if I can bluff a blank turn 5 during a snap and have people retreat in games I'm otherwise losing, lol.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 10, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What an idiot. He even runs all the silly cards that the bots run.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

suction posted:

At what collection level do you get all the cards?

People who have all the cards right now are around the 3000s somewhere but presumably by the time you're there they will have added more new cards.

suction
Jul 17, 2009

goferchan posted:

People who have all the cards right now are around the 3000s somewhere but presumably by the time you're there they will have added more new cards.

I mean just the basic cards. Still 3000?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

suction posted:

I mean just the basic cards. Still 3000?

Once you enter pool 3 you open caches that have a chance of a new card. Then the caches even lower the chance some as you get higher, so yeah, it can take a bit.
That said, they said they were rolling out a method to buy a specific card before the end of the year that will probably offset this a very little bit.
E: also new season pass and other released cards eventually will enter pool 3 as well is probably what they meant.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

WarEternal posted:

This is making me wonder if I can bluff a blank turn 5 during a snap and have people retreat in games I'm otherwise losing, lol.

If you have Sunspot or someone out there that makes the setup look right, sure. I've def won games with a bluff snap. Like this one I posted a few pages back:

Yep, I'm dropping that Odin in the middle lane, nothing you can do about it buddy.

Just do it in turn 5 so you can still retreat if they call your bluff and snap back :keke: