Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Whooping Crabs posted:

Spindrift is awful, their grapefruit seltzer tastes like bile.

Spindrift actually tastes like what it says on the can -- that's why people like it. You picked the lovely fruit, it tasted like lovely fruit, instead of some artist's impression of what flavor might be if they didn't catch COVID and lose all their senses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Topo Chico Supremacy

:haibrow:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Thursday morning church service about to happen.

27 minutes, $250.

loving old people

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Topo Chico Supremacy

:haibrow:

Their alcoholic seltzers :yum:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

SirPablo posted:

27 minutes, $250.

loving old people

Good work if you can get it. If you can service the entire retirement home you could rake in 10k a day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im thinking about those glizzies

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Chronojam posted:

Spindrift actually tastes like what it says on the can -- that's why people like it. You picked the lovely fruit, it tasted like lovely fruit, instead of some artist's impression of what flavor might be if they didn't catch COVID and lose all their senses.

Spindrift is legit and they actually use real fruit juice, that's their whole claim.

But yeah, grapefruit is a garbage fruit. I'm with you on this.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Grapefruit is a fantastic citrus. I'm sorry that all of you peoples taste buds are broke as gently caress. Maybe stop cramming your face full of Glizzys so you can learn to appreciate the finer things in life, like La Croix

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

1. Limes
2. Lemons
3.Blood Oranges
4.Grapefruit
5.Oranges
6.Mandarins
7.Pummelo(What even is this?)

That's the definitive list of citrus. If you disagree you're simply wrong.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

no bergamot voted 1

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Spindrift also owns, same w/ Waterloo. The San Pellegrino seltzers are okay. Grapefruit is the best seltzer flavor also :colbert:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

My FIL developed a terrible reaction to grapefruit, which he loves. Can't have it now. Consequently, he can't drink squirt, his favorite soda. The surprising part for me is that there even is enough grapefruit in that poo poo to matter

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
A lovely not juicy white grapefruit is pretty bad tbf. But I'm guessing any grapefruit haters have not had a nice ruby red.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Grapefruit is perhaps the most common thing to cause drug interactions, so it's a bit iffy for a lot of people just based on that. Depending on the drug, it can significantly increase or decrease the blood concentrations causing effective undermedication or overdose states. Some years ago I couldn't figure out why my pulse would start pounding an hour or so into my day, then I figured out I was drinking a grapefruit-based energy drink which was putting me into overdose on the antianxiety med I was taking. Good times.

Also, the best Spindrift is cucumber, but the cowards moved it to only being made "seasonally," whatever that means.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Fruity seltzers are fun and different but the best flavor will always be plain. It's hard to find sometimes though and you really don't need to overpay for any fancy Perrier or San Pelligrino stuff. Just gimme some water with bubbles and that delicious carbonic acid flavor.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Also, the best Spindrift is cucumber, but the cowards moved it to only being made "seasonally," whatever that means.

I was about to post this myself. Cucumber Spindrift is by far the best one. I don't by Spindrift much anymore because it's more expensive. Usually I just get Kirkland because it's cheapest and it's okay. But you really notice the lack of flavor in Kirkland when you have something like Spindrift or Waterloo and drink a Kirkland right after. I don't mind the lime Lacroix either, so one in a great while I'll buy the two 15 packs of lime Lacroix from Costco because that's pretty cheap as well.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

Their alcoholic seltzers :yum:

:agreed:

Not too sweet. Just right.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ror posted:

Just gimme some water with bubbles and that delicious carbonic acid flavor.

nooooooooo

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

it's so good, it enhances the burn. i love chugging an ice cold seltzer until it hurts.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Grapefruit is perhaps the most common thing to cause drug interactions, so it's a bit iffy for a lot of people just based on that. Depending on the drug, it can significantly increase or decrease the blood concentrations causing effective undermedication or overdose states. Some years ago I couldn't figure out why my pulse would start pounding an hour or so into my day, then I figured out I was drinking a grapefruit-based energy drink which was putting me into overdose on the antianxiety med I was taking. Good times.

This is true. A long time ago I bought these Costco grapefruit cups and they were wonderful. I think I looked for them last time but couldn't find them. Well my psych said the grapefruit can increase the blood levels of one of my meds by 80%.

Yikes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Gaius Marius posted:

1. Limes
2. Lemons
3.Blood Oranges
4.Grapefruit
5.Oranges
6.Mandarins

Pomello is basically a grapefruit with thicker skin and more pith. It tries to make up for being lovely by being the largest citrus.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

1. Limes
2. Lemons
3.Blood Oranges
4.Grapefruit
5.Oranges
6.Mandarins

Interesting you live in a world where tangerines don't exist.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

There was a Jalapeno Hummus that my local costco had for a while. It hasn't been in stock for months and it's a shame since it was so much better than the other roasted red pepper flavors they always carry. I can't even find what the brand was from some google searches.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Interesting you live in a world where tangerines don't exist.

Unless they're sleeping I don't wanna hear it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Unless they're sleeping I don't wanna hear it

I'm not sure if that means you're a fan of movie soundtracks or hate movie soundtracks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm going to support you since nobody else is. Spindrift is awful, their grapefruit seltzer tastes like bile. Just because something is made with a tiny bit of juice doesn't mean it tastes better. Polar is good, LaCroix can be good if you stick with their citrus flavors, and their citrus flavors (haven't checked the others) are naturally sourced (e.g. grapefruit extract).

I’ve had some good spindrift packs but the last one I got with lemon and lime tasted weirdly… buttery

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Costco a while back had like a 24-pack of pineapple Spindrift, which is one of their best, and I keep checking but since then they only seem to have the multipack which includes the problematic grapefruit.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Picked up an outdoor matt, the philips multigroom since my cheap trimmer died, and a bottle of the jack red blend.
Went to snag a glizzy on the way out, but the cheese pizza was looking top tier today. Got both. PBUC

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

In Quebec city, and blessed to see the hot dog is still $1.50, which is only $1.12 in freedom dollars. Also bought a bunch of maple syrup, fresh cheese curds, and Cadbury chocolate for cheap!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Woah. I didn't know they used commas instead of decimal points in Quebec.

What a weird place!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Hard seltzers? Topo Chico can kick rocks. Kirkland seltzer is the jam.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Woah. I didn't know they used commas instead of decimal points in Quebec.

What a weird place!

Comma is French for period my dude

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

Comma is French for period my dude

Yes I understand that. But the rest of Canada does not do that.

It's strange to me.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yes I understand that. But the rest of Canada does not do that.

It's strange to me.

Most of Europe uses the comma instead of a period thing, too.

Also, to my understanding Quebec hates the rest of the Canada.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

As they should. Quebec is a legitimate country, the rest of Canada is just confused Americans

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

As they should. Quebec is a legitimate country, the rest of Canada is just confused Americans

But Quebec is just France but colder and with a worse accent. :confused:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Gaius Marius posted:

As someone who lived through the referendums to separate Quebec from Canada if it does I hope America invades and annexes it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Most of Europe uses the comma instead of a period thing, too.

Yes I understand that too.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I will never forgive forgive Quebec for making me learn that "le hockey" is actually grammatically correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I will never forgive forgive Quebec for making me learn that "le hockey" is actually grammatically correct.

What about lacrosse