Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

MrMidnight posted:

Too much Astros talk and this is coming from a huge homer. Hopefully the offseason isn't like last year where a bunch of guys weren't signed until spring training.

Go Astros 2017 and 2022 World Series Champs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1590516129637990401?s=20&t=_rmVJBPr0wMBF_aRpqZ0aQ

Do it Giants....

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sab0921 posted:

Pena killed it in the postseason, but was an average hitter during the season - his OPS+ was 101. Correa was 140.

We love our World Series MVP but he isn't close to what Correa is.

He had a big swoon in the summer, but overall he still looks pretty legit. I'm mad that the Astros just have a seemingly endless pool of these dudes.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

As much as I want Rizz back first base belongs to 2023 NL MVP Matthew "Mash" Mervis

The Cubs are apparently really super in on Jose Abreu, who I guess the White Sox aren't going to re-sign because Jerry is loving worthless and wants to slash payroll.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

He had a big swoon in the summer, but overall he still looks pretty legit. I'm mad that the Astros just have a seemingly endless pool of these dudes.

We're basically turning into the AL Cardinals and it kinda owns.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

to celebrate the astros world series victory im taking my posting talents to SAS, sorry everyone

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Too much Astros hype and not enough talk about the Mariners!!!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Remember when they got swept by the Astros? :pwn:

jk I think the Mariners are cool and would clobber the division if not for the Astros

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Yes hello I would like Judge on the Giants despite the Dads being my NL West team.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

^^^ Good speech giving is easily worth a couple WAR
this is clearly what the Dodgers have been missing recently

The only thing, and I really do mean the ONLY thing, I care about this winter wrt the Dodgers is that they retain Kershaw. Ensuring that he never plays for another team is my highest fan priority at this point. Second is Kershaw reaching 3000 strikeouts, and third is a championship.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 10, 2022

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Giants declined Evan Longoria's option. End of an era, probably. Dude had a good run in the Bay. Played rock solid defense even when he was slumping. But he is 37 and can't stay on the field, and Marco Luciano is coming and will probably have to move off shortstop. Giants youth movement starts now, hopefully.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1590783389925183488

you're gonna get woba in your wraa like that

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Some Numbers posted:

They’re shopping Marco and Flexen which cool, glad that Dipoto and Hollander realize that throwing either of those guys once every 5 starts isn’t a realistic way to win the division.

Hopefully one of the big dominos fall soon and we start to see some moves.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1590783389925183488

you're gonna get woba in your wraa like that

Makes sense, the new CBA has a pre-arb bonus pool that pays out based on winning certain awards and WAR, and while for most guys it won't matter much fWAR and bWAR can be dramatically different for pitchers and position players with really good/really bad defense. So I guess they split the difference and just average them together.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they should have called it gwar

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
the Angels better fukkin do something good this winter and no I dont mean sign Aroldis Chapman

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Personally I'm extremely excited for Absolutely Nothing to happen in the Guards' offseason except I guess maybe re-signing Hedges until Bo Naylor is ready to be the backstop, even if I would desperately like literally any bat other than Hedges' behind home plate.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Aw that's too bad, it'd have been cool to see Judge on the Giants.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Sydin posted:

The Cubs are apparently really super in on Jose Abreu, who I guess the White Sox aren't going to re-sign because Jerry is loving worthless and wants to slash payroll.

It's partly that and partly being able to move Vaughn to 1B and Eloy to DH so that he stops injuring himself by running into walls and/or Luis Robert all the time.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
One hour to the opening of free agency.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I had a dream the other day that Judge signed with the Padres.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1590821287630319616?s=20&t=-at5N5fUr972FpGcKne4aQ

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Congrats to Joc he should probably accept it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Inspector_666 posted:

That era of endless rookie luck is probably nearing its end because the farm has been emptied in the last few years and the FO has lost a lot of the good scouting and dev folks.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Joc is cool but $20 mil? I dunno man

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joc would be smart to take that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is the QO $20m now? Wow.

Yeah, take that, Joc. Get paid. Maybe Eovaldi too?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

If Martin Perez and Tyler Anderson are getting qualifying offers then Holy crap, Rodon is going to get $40 million a year

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

interrupting actual MLB chat to say that thanks to Ryne Stanek catching and chugging a beer from a fan at the Astros parade, the guy who clocked Ted Cruz is now trying to use the defense "I was just throwing him a Claw" :haw:

https://abc13.com/ted-cruz-joseph-arcidiacono-white-claw-stradley-law-firm/12435960/

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/tbtimes_rays/status/1590828443801128960?s=46&t=XlMpWzD4Wnacy1CXa-ljwA

Assuming he doesn’t fall of a cliff that’s a marked improvement on the current 1B situation

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

If Martin Perez and Tyler Anderson are getting qualifying offers then Holy crap, Rodon is going to get $40 million a year
the QO is only 1 year though

Anderson might be worth $20M for 1 year while Rodon could be worth ~$20M per year for several years

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Not sure why they'd give Joc the QO but I guess we're seeing him back on the Giants again. His bat was good even if his defense cancelled all of it out.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Choi is being out of the division is worth like 2 wins on it's own to the Yankees

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm so excited for Choi

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Intruder posted:

Maybe they'll steal Brantley from the Astros, everyone talks about what a great WS speech he gave after game 3 and the Cubs need a speech giver

Yeah. If he doesn't accept a deal from the Astros, I kinda hope he heads to Toronto. Gotta reunite with Springer!

bawfuls posted:

The only thing, and I really do mean the ONLY thing, I care about this winter wrt the Dodgers is that they retain Kershaw. Ensuring that he never plays for another team is my highest fan priority at this point. Second is Kershaw reaching 3000 strikeouts, and third is a championship.

You're reminding me of the final few years of Biggio and Bagwell and being excited for Biggio's 3000 hit...

Aka one of the few fun things after the 2004-2005 semi-glory days were in the rear view mirror for Houston baseball fans.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/tbtimes_rays/status/1590828443801128960?s=46&t=XlMpWzD4Wnacy1CXa-ljwA

Assuming he doesn’t fall of a cliff that’s a marked improvement on the current 1B situation

The pitcher they traded for Choi seems like a complete nobody, but it's a Rays and Pirates trade so..

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Are people still under the impression the Archer trade was an unbearable disaster

Oh no we lost a DH barely clinging to a roster spot, a gif merchant who has thrown like 50 innings for the Rays, and Shane Baz’s perforated UCL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GalacticAcid posted:

Gerrit Cole rejoices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Really looking forward to posting in the GDT when Ji-Man plays against Freddie Freeman.