Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Kellies Nomination: Best Edi.... aw, wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

My chuddy brother-in-law reads Rush Revere books to his kids. It's a time-traveler series about a girl named Liberty who goes back in time to witness Great Moments in American History. They were written by the very dead rear end in a top hat in this thread's title.

oh iirc a funny thing is the book cover, where its just Rush fat gently caress head cut and pasted onto Paul Revere's body.

like no effort to try to match body sizes or even artstyle.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Twelve by Pies posted:

Considering fascists are winning big in elections around the world you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe the whole "This election shows that the GOP's politics aren't sustainable and are destined to shrink in popularity."

The difference is very simple. A lot of European countries right now have a lot of young fascists who are busy radicalizing others.
The US right now has a lot of old fascists. They are attempting to radicalize others, but it only works well on old white people. Unfortunately, old white people are also the most reliable voting bloc and are heavily overrepresented in government. Young fascists exist, but they're pretty fringe and making little headway against a youth demographic that's moving rapidly left.

There are no guarantees, things can change. But unless they change, one of these scenarios has a lot more long-term viability for fascism than the other.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

There's still plenty of millennial fascists to get through before we see a ton of zoomer representation, luckily more and more of that latter gen is getting into voting range.

McJuicy
May 9, 2008

GD_American posted:

Every insane right-wing children's book now published is only running for 2nd place. The JPFO (Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership), a gun-owner group that attacked the NRA from the right about 15 years before the rest of them popped up, made the greatest of all time 25 years ago.

https://jpfo.org/pdf/brasco1.pdf

That was excellant. I especially liked Q.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GD_American posted:

Every insane right-wing children's book now published is only running for 2nd place. The JPFO (Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership), a gun-owner group that attacked the NRA from the right about 15 years before the rest of them popped up, made the greatest of all time 25 years ago.

When was this written because they really don’t like the Japanese.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

When was this written because they really don’t like the Japanese.

C'mon you should know every book has publishing info at the front:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

C'mon you should know every book has publishing info at the front:

I know but I am at work and was looking at brasco pull iron on bandits and the UN. That’s surprisingly late for anti Japanese sentiment.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like how under R it's "Racism is bad" but then also "U is for the UN. the UN is bad because of the dirty foreign countries"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1590771129681342464

Huh. Um. Hm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

:thunk:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

After The War posted:

Kellies Nomination: Best Edi.... aw, wrong thread

Ugh please no I felt immediate regret after making and posting it lmao

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

Yeah, this was...cute? The frequent use of tm was a bit distracting, the editor should probably have another pass at it.
(I did like how on any given letter's page, every instance of that letter is underlined, regardless of its position in a particular word. Talk about committing to the bit!)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

quote:

M is for MURDER – Brasco Buddies™ always
say no to murder, because they care for and respect
others.
Hey kid, wanna do some murder?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's one in a series but brasco2.pdf doesn't exist :(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ok but the whole site is a banger.
https://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/why-jews-hate-guns.htm

quote:

It’s no secret that one of the largest blocs of people pressing for so-called “gun control” is the culturally (aka not-so-religious) American Jewish community. This confounds many observers who would expect that Jews, with such a stunning history of oppression and murder by humanity’s villains, would cling tenaciously to personal firearms and the ability to protect themselves as the Hebrew Scriptures instruct.

In reaction to the Holocaust, American Jews adopted the phrase “Never Again!” If actions mean anything, they don’t believe it. That’s for someone else to do. How do Jews expect to put teeth behind the words “Never Again!” if not with the ability to apply and project personal force when righteous -- and necessary -- for survival?

Why then do so many American Jews hate guns and fear gun ownership so much?

Our research identifies ten reasons why these Jews feel the way they do about self defense in general, firearms specifically and your own right to keep and bear arms.

The adamantly anti-gun-rights Jews are bowing to:
1. A desire for utopian moral purity
2. A disproportional incidence of hoplophobia
3. A quest for power through victimization of peers
4. A utopian delusion that if guns would just “go away,”
crime would end and the world would be a peaceful safe place
5. Self hatred and a wish to be helpless, acting out guilt-based
behavioral problems that develop in childhood
6. The Ostrich Syndrome
7. Garden-variety hypocrisy
8. Adulterated religion -- Jews In Name Only (JINOs)
9. Feel-good sophistry
10. Abject fear that yields irrational behavior

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Holy gently caress. :smith:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Framboise posted:

Holy gently caress. :smith:

Like this isn't even just mask-off, this is something even more.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Looked up hoplophobia out of curiosity and found this:

It sounds like some chud vandalized the entry at some point in the past and Google didn't bother updating because :effort:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

apperently alot of alt right types hate Fuentes because is too mask off mixed with him being basicaly wanting a twink catboy harem.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's Nick Fuentes. His mask has been off for a while this isn't a surprise at all.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apperently alot of alt right types hate Fuentes because is too mask off mixed with him being basicaly wanting a twink catboy harem.

Unfortunately a lot of alt-right types also want this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Looked up hoplophobia out of curiosity and found this:

It sounds like some chud vandalized the entry at some point in the past and Google didn't bother updating because :effort:

I submitted a report, might prod them to fix it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xand_Man posted:

Unfortunately a lot of alt-right types also want this

It's the classic alt-right paradox: they all absolutely agree with each other 100%, but they also think each other are all embarrassing clowns who are detrimental to the movement.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
The Babylon Bee editor is having a normal one

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1591108933904699393

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There is an increasing part of the right wing that just wants to completely take away all women's rights and make them subservient to men, but 'for the good of the nation'. You see this when they talk about the increasing issues with young men where they propose some kind of bizarre solution like every men having a woman or something ridiculous like that. As if they are property.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

There is an increasing part of the right wing that just wants to completely take away all women's rights and make them subservient to men, but 'for the good of the nation'. You see this when they talk about the increasing issues with young men where they propose some kind of bizarre solution like every men having a woman or something ridiculous like that. As if they are property.

My mind keeps going back to Jordan Peterson's "government-mandated girlfriends" solution to the incel crisis gripping America, and how it's the perfect encapsulation of this line of thinking.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

My mind keeps going back to Jordan Peterson's "government-mandated girlfriends" solution to the incel crisis gripping America, and how it's the perfect encapsulation of this line of thinking.
Right, apparently at some point someone told him he was an 'Incel hero' or whatever, and he's taken that on with insane bullshit like that

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Right, apparently at some point someone told him he was an 'Incel hero' or whatever, and he's taken that on with insane bullshit like that

Yeah he was on Piers Morgan's show (which lol) and Piers asked him about being labeled a "Hero to the incel community." To which Jordan started crying (literally) about how there are all these poor misunderstood disaffected young men who had no one to speak for them and he was proud to stand up and be their voice in the public square (which, again, lol).

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Yeah he was on Piers Morgan's show (which lol) and Piers asked him about being labeled a "Hero to the incel community." To which Jordan started crying (literally) about how there are all these poor misunderstood disaffected young men who had no one to speak for them and he was proud to stand up and be their voice in the public square (which, again, lol).

Yeah the voice of a generation is definitely a guy who sounds like Kermit the Frog on heroin

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
And yet the left gets mocked for being histrionic over Handmaid's Tale allegories.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Jeeesus christ :stare: Some "joke" there, Steven.

https://twitter.com/CEOSybilKearse/status/1590873341275303936

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is what they call "freedom" I guess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's whatever they want freedom to be

If it's something that they don't like then they want the government to be able to shut it down

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

I wish these people would experience true, real, actual fear for their lives, in the same way they advocate it for their enemies.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Zamujasa posted:

I wish these people would experience true, real, actual fear for their lives, in the same way they advocate it for their enemies.

Let's be real they do feel that kind of fear every time they see The Wrong Kind Of Person at their grocery store just buying food

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

its interesting how Babylon bee went from lovely but harmless crappy onion for Christians

Zamujasa posted:

if it makes you feel better, alot of them do every day, its partly why they act like this. this is espcially true with the weird social conservative psychos, they are loving afraid of everything and the more educated ones are full doom brained because they know they are hosed.

yeah, its amusing how desperate the chuds are into making fetterman into the next big target when they should love everything about the dude from their own fake bullshit ethos, but lol they hate him because he is everything they arnt.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I think they might continue to go hard attacking Fetterman precisely because we now know that he’s well liked and that the ostensible “disaster debate” wasn’t perceived by the public that way. A Karl Rove “attack them where they’re strong” thing. I think it’s why they went so hard on AOC before him.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 12, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Crowder is literally the stereotypical East Coast celebrity looking down on a typical looking American family. Like most white people in this country resemble the Fettermans, we're a "fat guy in hoodie + shorts" society. If you don't like it, leave.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
poo poo, all this time I thought the Babylon Bee was a Stephen Colbert type joke, never been Poe's Law'd so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

OneEightHundred posted:

poo poo, all this time I thought the Babylon Bee was a Stephen Colbert type joke, never been Poe's Law'd so hard.
Pretty sure it originally was, then it got bought by a super right-wing christian dude