Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Hate these mushroom battles. Should've just made the entire event solving jelly puzzles, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Hate these mushroom battles. Should've just made the entire event solving jelly puzzles, imo.

It took me, like, five battles and training things to realize that a "target THIS" command was mapped to the skill button.

but yes, more layton-lite puzzle events like the jelly and that gear puzzle set back in august, please

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
At least the mushroom battles are somewhat short. Much better than those tower defense events.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Nyoro posted:

weird she's not a cryo catalyst which I think still doesn't exist

They're saving cryo catalyst for the Tsaritsa.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

And hydro claymore for the Fontain archon, hopefully.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Come to think of it, if they want to make the hydro archon exciting, I guess they'll have to make her better than Xingqiu, which is frankly terrifying to consider.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

let's not kid ourselves people will roll on a quirky steampunk Ace Attorney archon lady even if she's not the absolute nuts

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Excelzior posted:

let's not kid ourselves people will roll on a quirky steampunk Ace Attorney archon lady even if she's not the absolute nuts

Oh so the hydro archon will just be Vill-V from Honkai

That would loving rule

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Excelzior posted:

Yeah, but they'll probably give her some ridiculous bullshit, like water-walking and automatically collecting fish or something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Come to think of it, if they want to make the hydro archon exciting, I guess they'll have to make her better than Xingqiu, which is frankly terrifying to consider.

she'll be better kokomi instead

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

she'll be better kokomi instead
I've heard of restorative justice, but this is ridiculous!

Maybe she'll be both. That would sure get the job done.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
I regret to inform you all that the Buffmon shitpost fanart is definitely coming.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

FractalSandwich posted:

As funny as the idea of power creeping yelan out of the game is, I doubt this will happen.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm nervous that they'll reserve Hydro claymore and Cryo catalyst for their respective archons. If so, the former better be the one who makes shatter OP.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

the good thing is, hopefully at least, you can start it, walk away and still get all of the primo rewards. that’s how it was for day one with me anyway :shrug:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm nervous that they'll reserve Hydro claymore and Cryo catalyst for their respective archons. If so, the former better be the one who makes shatter OP.
None of the future PCs we've met in-game have a hydro Vision, and by the time they can all come out, it won't be long before the hydro archon shows up anyway. I think that one might be a lost cause.

I can't imagine they'll hold off on a cryo catalyst for another three years, though.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

...so the event does offer a Dori, but it CONSUMES X1000 of both event shop currencies (which is why you can earn more than needed to buy everything listed)

something to keep in mind if you only have time to get SOME of the things on offer

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

In character for Dori tbh

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eimi posted:

In character for Dori tbh

:hmmyes:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Theres so many fast hydro appliers that she'll probably fit into a different niche entirely. Like a slow vape nuker.

Which will be good when the pyro archon ends up being the first real pyro XQ

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 11, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What if she had a healing hydro turret but then had a "dps mode" burst that did poor damage? I think everyone would roll for that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As far as niche, we don't have a hydro shielder (Which was one of the main cons to the Nilou bloom teams) so she literally can just be a XQ/Yelan but also a shield.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Tae posted:

As far as niche, we don't have a hydro shielder (Which was one of the main cons to the Nilou bloom teams) so she literally can just be a XQ/Yelan but also a shield.

The long foretold bearer of the Bell.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

mikemil828 posted:

If you haven't had enough of overworked ladies in Genshin Impact, Hoyoverse has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXFg0bsuvcs

sleep deprived animes is millennial representation

Tae posted:

i wouldn't say no to a hydro CC / gather character either

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 11, 2022

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How do I become part of the genshin fanfic community ?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Write Genshin fanfic. Read Genshin fanfic. Comment on Genshin fanfic.

Alternatively get really into Zhongli/Childe.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

kater posted:

How do I become part of the genshin fanfic community ?

throw darts at a big photo of all the genshin characters and ship whoever they land on

looks like i got qiqi and... oceanid uh oh

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lazy_Liberal posted:

throw darts at a big photo of all the genshin characters and ship whoever they land on

looks like i got qiqi and... oceanid uh oh

One who is ignorant of water's treasures fails also to comprehend its horrors...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hellioning posted:

Alternatively get really into Zhongli/Childe.

it's called chili you uncultured swine

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it's obviously tarzhonglia

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
no seriously if you search for #chili on twitter and sort by latest you will see random art of childe and zhong making out in between pics of tasty food
that's the actual name for the ship

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SiKboy posted:

I did the exact same thing, went through all of them, last chest still wont open. It sucks.

Gotta make an Aranara statue, take a photo of it, and mail it to miHoYo. That's the secret to the last Aranara

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I WILL have...love...

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Devoting yourself to a ship with no material since 1.1 is truly a level beyond.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I can respect the people who decided to ship Zhongli/Childe immediately and then just never stopped. I at least understand why that ship is popular and why Childe is popular.

Makes more sense than people actually liking Scaramouche.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hellioning posted:

I can respect the people who decided to ship Zhongli/Childe immediately and then just never stopped. I at least understand why that ship is popular and why Childe is popular.

:hmmyes:

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I love the mushroom battles. One of the best events this game has ever had.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

haypliss posted:

existing on the same planet is enough material for shippers

Excelzior posted:

...so the event does offer a Dori, but it CONSUMES X1000 of both event shop currencies (which is why you can earn more than needed to buy everything listed)

something to keep in mind if you only have time to get SOME of the things on offer

that does explain why the stores felt so empty, i guess.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

haypliss posted:

i'm not sure where you got the misunderstanding that ships require some kind of connection to actual canon
there is/was a huge tumblr community around shipping the once-ler from the 2012 Lorax movie with alternate-reality versions of himself since he was like only non-gremlin character in the movie and there was nobody else to ship him with

people just write fanfic and then other people make more fanfic based on that fanfic and etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
If we're doing hydro wishlists, I'd like a skill-based off-field applier. Kinda like Mona, but with low CD and long duration. And I guess some AoE, instead of, no AoE. Or an orbital like Shinobu's ring, but with better application. Having to burst/attack makes him unusable in certain weird teams like Sayu Spinball.

And a real hydro dps would be nice. Childe and Ayato are good, but they aint it. Maybe something like, if character attacks an enemy that's frozen, they get X bonus, if they attack an enemy that's electrocharged, they get Y bonus. Something that lets them be the "main dps" while not taking away hydro's role as a reaction enabler.

Hellioning posted:

Mooch's lineage of sadangry rudeboys stretches back to time immemorial. His popularity was always predictable, and inevitable :shobon: