Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My inner stat nerd spasms at the war he just had with the K/BB and K% he put up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I need more baseball. Doesn't Australia play it now? How do I watch that??

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Just note that you’ll have to watch it in the mirror since otherwise they run third-to-first and it will gently caress you up.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:dadjoke:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Finns play something they call baseball, but it is something else. Something sinister...

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

zoux posted:

The Finns play something they call baseball, but it is something else. Something sinister...

I believe sometimes creeks and streams are in play and an outfielder has to scramble into the water to get the ball...

So it's got that going for it.

Edit: ofc, they're not going to be playing there in the next few months, tho.

Me, I'm gonna watch that Willie Mays documentary on... either HBO max or Apple+, one or the other.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

camoseven posted:

Here's a cool baseball video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edijv3DZfNs

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

camoseven posted:

The Dominican League is going on right now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
This is what I was talking about with twitter blue upthread

https://twitter.com/nyporchsport/status/1590823995364241409

This is written in an obvious satirical way but there's gonna be a lot of accounts with checkmarks doing poo poo like this

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/MichiganYankees/status/1591096284492226561

:sickos:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:getin:

We'd never boo you in Houston, Aaron

Well not in an Astros uni anyway :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

This is what I was talking about with twitter blue upthread

https://twitter.com/nyporchsport/status/1590823995364241409

This is written in an obvious satirical way but there's gonna be a lot of accounts with checkmarks doing poo poo like this

Actually new pay-for-checks are no more. I imagine they'll be rolling back the existing ones once they can locate a legal department to tell them how much liability scamming a bunch of people out of eight bucks is gonna create.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao that was fast

great job elon

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1591122518022070272

Welp

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

:getin:

We'd never boo you in Houston, Aaron

Well not in an Astros uni anyway :v:

Altuve started the playoffs 0-25, a fan ran on the field to give him a hug and tell him that he loved him and wanted a picture and Altuve batted over .300 after that.

Come to Houston - you'll be loved.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

what the gently caress

Way to make the job seem attractive, Crane. In addition to the cheater baggage, you also don't have a safe job when you win a world series

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

This is kind of wild, right? Won the WS, got a one-year offer?!

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1591123075361275911?s=20&t=otdzEZV8T4ZkDN0-IpKJQg

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

They must have really hated each other

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

lol Jim Crane, you've got to be making GBS threads me

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao Jim Crane sucks

Which team needs a GM now

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
McMagic crying forever about Cashman who is still there after 30 years.

Astros......firing their world series winning GM

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1591123704725266432

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

what the gently caress

Way to make the job seem attractive, Crane. In addition to the cheater baggage, you also don't have a safe job when you win a world series

I guess Crane thinks he can get David Stearns. I have no idea otherwise.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

howe_sam posted:

The Dominican League is going on right now.

Ok how do I watch that

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol who the gently caress is going to want this job if winning a world series gets you fired.

e: wait it looks like click left? well, still extremely stupid to only extend a guy for one year https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1591123075361275911

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

lol who the gently caress is going to want this job if winning a world series gets you fired.

Jeff Lunhow - COME BACK JEFF

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

He wasn't fired, his contract was up, but he won a WS and wasn't able to get more than a one year offer which is just insulting

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zoux posted:

I guess Crane thinks he can get David Stearns. I have no idea otherwise.

Didn't Stearns already say he's not leaving Milwaukee for at least another year?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Didn't Stearns already say he's not leaving Milwaukee for at least another year?

People say a lot of poo poo. Stearns is Luhnow's protege and Crane can throw insane money at him. Or maybe he names Dusty GM and I put my head through a wall

Honestly, Click couldn't assemble a team to go undefeated in the postseason and well that's unacceptable.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

zoux posted:

People say a lot of poo poo. Stearns is Luhnow's protege and Crane can throw insane money at him. Or maybe he names Dusty GM and I put my head through a wall

Honestly, Click couldn't assemble a team to go undefeated in the postseason and well that's unacceptable.

Click built the greatest postseason bullpen of all time - Rays mentality all the way, Crane doesn't want that I guess.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why would a hotshot GM want to take a job where success isn't a guarantee of security? What's Ed Wade doing these days

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Obviously that's what all the pundits are going to say but does anyone really think that there won't be people lining up out the door to take a team coming off the WS win has at least 3 more years on their window

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

Why would a hotshot GM want to take a job where success isn't a guarantee of security? What's Ed Wade doing these days

What about one who has been cast off from MLB who built a juggernaut team over the course of a decade?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zoux posted:

Yeah but I thought he was still under contract, they just changed his title.

Yankees should promote Cashman to something fancy and hire Click imo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1591126280225062912

I assume Bob is acting as Crane's mouthpiece here

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Supposedly one of the things Click did that Crane didn't like was hire more scouts, thus raising the payroll of the FO, which is just a hilariously pathetic showing for Crane

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Supposedly one of the things Click did that Crane didn't like was hire more scouts, thus raising the payroll of the FO, which is just a hilariously pathetic showing for Crane

No fuckin' way.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

No fuckin' way.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/after-years-of-cutting-scouts-astros-pivot-to-hiring-them/

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Imagine how next-level insulated from consequences you have to be to fire the guy who got you an untainted WS title because "he doesnt swing for the fences enough"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Oh I remember reading about them bringing back scouts, I just never thought it would be a fireable offense, those guys get paid like garbage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

eagerly await Crane going Full Nutting