Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The 2020s Astros strike me as akin to the 1990s Chicago Bulls in a way: incredibly successful in spite of the fact that they have a miserable rear end in a top hat cheapskate owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ok so Morosi is spreading Bichette for Acuna rumours and then the Jays sign a SS and uhh I love you Bo but YES PLEASE!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why on earth would the Braves make that trade? Acuna is locked up until 2028 on an extremely team friendly deal.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

The 2020s Astros strike me as akin to the 1990s Chicago Bulls in a way: incredibly successful in spite of the fact that they have a miserable rear end in a top hat cheapskate owner.

Jerry Jones and the 90s Cowboys

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah even considering his health issues and offensive drop off this year that'd be stupid as gently caress trade for the Braves lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I have no idea why they would! It would be really bad for them and really good for me!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

Me when ppl ask how can I possibly like the two time world champions:

https://mobile.twitter.com/overtime/status/1591101398204104704

Crane is the MLB, and they would never sanction cutting off someone's head because to tomorrow it might be their head

Mack is still a giant piece of poo poo and his continued unearned lionization is just another annoying element of this 2017-2022+ Astros era

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also I'm pretty sure any Acuna trade would have to include Albies because he already is being robbed and you cannot take his best friend away.

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Me, I'm gonna watch that Willie Mays documentary on... either HBO max or Apple+, one or the other.

Watched it this afternoon. Really good!

It was on HBO max.. A couple Dusty Baker moments, btw.

Sab0921 posted:

Altuve started the playoffs 0-25, a fan ran on the field to give him a hug and tell him that he loved him and wanted a picture and Altuve batted over .300 after that.

That guy finally got his picture taken with Altuve yesterday at the Pasadena Academy store, turns out!

Intruder posted:

Supposedly one of the things Click did that Crane didn't like was hire more scouts, thus raising the payroll of the FO, which is just a hilariously pathetic showing for Crane

I hadn't heard that part. I heard that Click was about to trade Jose Urquidy for Wilson Contreras and both Dusty and Crane said hell no.

I think Click did a great job bolstering the bullpen especially, but I'm pretty glad we didn't trade Urquidy, he's been one of my fave SPs on the Astros in the past couple years. I remember watching his very first regular season start in Colorado against the Rockies, which he did really well in.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Popete posted:

Also I'm pretty sure any Acuna trade would have to include Albies because he already is being robbed and you cannot take his best friend away.

I would not be upset by that!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ozzie Albies will be paid 7 million in 2023. The Blue Jays will have to give up an equivalent amount worth of player to the Braves. The closest player without going over 7 million on the Blue Jays roster is Yimi Garcia at 5.5 million, Blue Jays can toss in the difference in cash.

Or they send over Vlad Guerrero Jr who will be paid 7.9 million and the braves send back the 900k.

Who says no??

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Where the moves at

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Poque posted:

Where the moves at

All the GMs got fired OP

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
So Kershaw is going to get re-signed for less $20MM which feels like a loving steal for a guy who pitched 120 innings last year with a 184 ERA+ and a WHIP less than 1.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Jim Crane having a normal one today

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1591172166028066827?s=46&t=anRUN6vdgSppkuM6E1NrlA

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ok so Morosi is spreading Bichette for Acuna rumours and then the Jays sign a SS and uhh I love you Bo but YES PLEASE!

Wait is this a rumor or just a stats comparison/fantasy trade idea?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1591130749176287233

offseason complete, see ya in March

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Red posted:

Wait is this a rumor or just a stats comparison/fantasy trade idea?

Morosi did a tv hit and said "i'm not saying its gonna happen but it could happen"

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Poque posted:

Where the moves at

https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1590457940976115712

Bit of Red Sox / Mariners action.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

welcome to the deal zone

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

offseason complete, see ya in March

You think the Dodgers let Justin Turner walk? Kinda surprised they didn't pick up his option.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sab0921 posted:

So Kershaw is going to get re-signed for less $20MM which feels like a loving steal for a guy who pitched 120 innings last year with a 184 ERA+ and a WHIP less than 1.

Kershaw's stats on a per-inning basis have barely changed since his peak, it's amazing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

who?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Easton McGee

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Heyman has jokes
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1591176202861285376

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm sure Truth Social already has a lot of fans of Haman.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Finally a place where Heyman can :qq: about the evil greedy union in peace.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Agreed, the Dodgers should acquire no other players this offseason.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Feels like a nickname some low-A guy gets because he used Easton bats in highschool or something.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm sure Truth Social already has a lot of fans of Haman.

:discourse:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

lol they're both gonna have to be mailed their World Series rings

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
it's pretty funny to fire your GM right after winning a world series but the Astros will probably be fine. he came over from TB to replace Luhnow and they didn't really miss a beat. how much of that is because James Click is a great GM or because the Houston Astros have built a strong baseball operation remains to be seen, I guess, but I lean towards Click benefiting from inheriting a really good core/structure and not Click building one

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 12, 2022

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/OrangeFire_/status/1591225294308126720

New approved list of bands for walk up music:
https://twitter.com/harvilla/status/1589680443254706176

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Imagine Bagwell doing trade talks in his crouch

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I love Baggie but uhhhh what the christ

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Astros should name Bagwell and Ryan co-GMs for life imo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Unironically considering setting up a trip for that tbh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

zoux posted:

New approved list of bands for walk up music:
https://twitter.com/harvilla/status/1589680443254706176

It's like I'm 23 again. Also, I first heard Death Grips played on national BBC Radio at half eight on a Saturday morning while extremely hungover, and that was a hell of a way to wake up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Everyone's favorite "225-pound" C/3B/1B, Willians Astudillo, is going to continue his pro career with the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks in Japan.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 12, 2022