Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gubbinal Girl posted:

"But he had a condition. Before paying the bonuses, Mr. Musk insisted on a payroll audit to confirm that Twitter’s employees were “real humans.” He voiced concerns that “ghost employees” who should not receive the money lingered in Twitter’s systems."

He's literally losing his mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWk6JcheLMU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Endorph posted:

followup on musk firing literally the entire japanese staff: tatsuki fujimoto, the author of chainsaw man, one of the most popular manga in the world with a currently airing anime, got his account banned because he made a joke about being seven years old, and twitter just went 'oh okay' and banned him for being underage, even though he had an actual checkmark and was the author of chainsaw man. he is currently trying to get his actual account restored but cannot because twitter's jp customer support doesn't exist and he can only get in touch with people who speak english.

https://twitter.com/ashitaka_eva/status/1591202977607749638

ergo he is tweeting things like 'im really tatsuki fujimoto! please believe me!'

this is terrible but also rules lmao. Twitter is providing way too much content

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I'm not mad 🤣 I'm totally not mad!!! 🤣🤣 When I'm not mad and actually laughing I use this all the time!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

ergo he is tweeting things like 'im really tatsuki fujimoto! please believe me!'

Kinda pathetic, just walk away comic dude

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

👨 ➡️ 👨‍⚕️ 🗯 😭 🤔➡️🤡 😂 😭🟰🤡

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
i made a thread for gathering up screenshots of funny verified tweets. i thought it would be cool to have an archive of them all in one place.

i've seen so many good ones go by in this thread over the past few days, and i know i missed a bunch. feel free to cross post any you find to that thread. i doubt twitter can survive this rate of verified fakes for very long, either the site will implode or they'll be forced to turn the feature off, so enjoy this comedy bonanza while it lasts.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Liquid Chicken posted:

If these twitter account impersonations of business are having real time effects on company stocks along with any other economic damage at what point would the Feds step in and shut this poo poo show down? Can they take away the matches from this idiot man child that is Elon Musk?

Ahem, I think you forget, he's a rich guy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chrpno posted:

Ahem, I think you forget, he's a rich guy

is he? he just spent all his money on Twitter

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

DeadButDelicious posted:

Hey now, the sega cd gave us eternal champions, challengers from the dark side. Where else can a US senator fight a chicken for the fate of history?

Vermont?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm not mad 🤣 I'm totally not mad!!! 🤣🤣 When I'm not mad and actually laughing I use this all the time!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

i appreciate them Doing the Science for me, but gawker is really awful, wow

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Bit late on this, but no a twitter shitposter did not make a significant difference to Eli Lilly's company value.

Yeah it looks like a lot on a 5-day timescale on a graph with a false-zero but look:

That's the stock's performance over the last year. It's still up 35% on the last year and the dive is a very small blip which will likely bounce back.

Generally, whenever you see headlines about a "big stock sell off!" or "largest 1-day drop for [stock]" have a look at the graph yourself, look at a longer timeline than they're showing you, and it's usually gone up like 20% in the last week and then dropped 10% in a day or whatever and made out to be some huge catastrophe.

Still funny, though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It's enough of a blip to make a bunch of people with a lot of money mad at Elon and that's what matters

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sebmojo posted:

i appreciate them Doing the Science for me, but gawker is really awful, wow

gently caress you sebmojo.
Have to do it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

It's enough of a blip to make a bunch of people with a lot of money mad at Elon and that's what matters
yeah stock blips like that dont affect the company but some big stock traders just lost out on a payday

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Endorph posted:

followup on musk firing literally the entire japanese staff: tatsuki fujimoto, the author of chainsaw man, one of the most popular manga in the world with a currently airing anime, got his account banned because he made a joke about being seven years old, and twitter just went 'oh okay' and banned him for being underage, even though he had an actual checkmark and was the author of chainsaw man. he is currently trying to get his actual account restored but cannot because twitter's jp customer support doesn't exist and he can only get in touch with people who speak english.

lmao at the replies

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1590882758544744454?s=20&t=bNV0D3pdc5bVi-16_y8CeQ

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

But Elon, I am Pagliacci !

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Xlorp posted:

But Elon, I am Pagliacci !

And there's also RealPagliacci, Paggliaci and PagliacciOfficial

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/Pxssiiii/status/1591265567327277056

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

WHAT ABOUT THE ANIME!

the real crime is the anime!

anime!

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Bad Purchase posted:

musk’s “fact check” on bernie isn’t even right, bernie never said it was invented in 1921, he just said when the patent was sold

I have an explanation for this: the man cannot post, he simply cannot. at all. He can’t even pull off an :actually: “burn”

This motherfucker could have solved world hunger (several times over, supposedly) instead of lighting 44b of his own money on fire to be the mod of twitter and he’s posting (badly) about how it’s cool and good that Eli Lilly is raping people to death on the cost of insulin

44b could have bought a lot of people insulin for a very long time, even at Eli Lilly’s exorbitant prices!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Wendigee posted:

the real crime is the anime!

:hai:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

King Carnivore posted:

I have an explanation for this: the man cannot post, he simply cannot. at all. He can’t even pull off an :actually: “burn”

This motherfucker could have solved world hunger (several times over, supposedly) instead of lighting 44b of his own money on fire to be the mod of twitter and he’s posting (badly) about how it’s cool and good that Eli Lilly is raping people to death on the cost of insulin

44b could have bought a lot of people insulin for a very long time, even at Eli Lilly’s exorbitant prices!

I will never understand how Elon saying he could've solved world hunger for a fraction of the money he threw into the twitter incinerator, but didn't, is not a common talking point in this whole thing

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
I don’t know that 44b would solve it solve it, but it woukd make a loving dent

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Generally, whenever you see headlines about a "big stock sell off!" or "largest 1-day drop for [stock]" have a look at the graph yourself, look at a longer timeline than they're showing you, and it's usually gone up like 20% in the last week and then dropped 10% in a day or whatever and made out to be some huge catastrophe.

Still funny, though.

I love when Bitcoin has been dropping $1000 a day for 3 days and then one day it goes up by $400 and all the Coiner sites have headlines saying "Bitcoin soars!" or whatever

^---- Yeah if Musk really wanted adoration, he could do a lot of good with all that money but he doesn't. Maybe he will have a change of heart one day. no, lol

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 12, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

King Carnivore posted:

I don’t know that 44b would solve it solve it, but it woukd make a loving dent

And it’d have a cascade effect easing tension on global supply lines etc. He won’t do it because he’s selfish and useless

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Twitter goasts, leave this place

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Probably already posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1591260435394990080

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/wapplehouse/status/1590881135093055488?s=46&t=JGByMHw7Hm2Nq90ng5XHpA

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

lol complaining that he heard a british accent on a help line for an american car company, what an absolute patriot

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

lol complaining that he heard a british accent on a help line for an american car company, what an absolute patriot

They are always the whiniest babies about everything. Had their feelings hurt by a robot's accent.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1591292324264419330?s=20&t=dFBKjPIUaNPjiSso74B5PA

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

oh drat now that song is in my head (actually digging it)

e: loving lmao leon getting dunked on by his own crowdsource factchecking feature

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
where do the terminally online go once twitter flaps off to the great beyond? i can't believe there aren't a dozen+ suitable networks teed up to go, but here we are talking about masterbatedone, so things appear dire. i don't know poo poo, but... truth social does twitter perfectly, so how hard can it be to do twitter?

now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we should all go to truth social, but let's not rule out sean hannity's bulletin board either.

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 12, 2022

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Unperson_47 posted:

It brings me no joy to inform you all of this but Twitter headquarters will be nuked on Tuesday

Willo567 works at Twitter? This explains so much.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

AARP LARPer posted:

where do the terminally online go once twitter flaps off to the great beyond? i can't believe there aren't a dozen+ suitable networks teed up to go, but here we are talking about masterbatedone, so things appear dire. i don't know poo poo, but... truth social does twitter perfectly, so how hard can it be to do twitter?

now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we should all go to truth social, but let's not rule out sean hannity's bulletin board either.

something awful dot com you stupid rear end

eat my poo poo while you think about it, eh?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If anyone comes into something awful with that Twitter brain of "you say you like waffles? You abelist poo poo why don't you think of people who only can eat pancakes" I will permaban them

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If anyone comes into something awful with that Twitter brain of "you say you like waffles? You abelist poo poo why don't you think of people who only can eat pancakes" I will permaban them

This is ableist, many people are terrible at posting, and mistreating them can lead to horrible outcomes, such as causing one such victim to destroy Twitter as we speak! :(

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
When Musk buys SA, Seraph will be unbannable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Elon has transformed into the personification of the dril corncob tweet.