Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Crazy Ted posted:

Everyone's favorite "225-pound" C/3B/1B, Willians Astudillo, is going to continue his pro career with the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks in Japan.

you meant C/3B/1B/P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

you meant C/3B/1B/P

that's not 225 pounds that's 225 inches across the baseline

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

you meant C/3B/1B/P
That dude ain't just the pitcher he's the whole mound :hurr:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Did we talk about the Feds maybe needing to check if Steve Cohen is involved in some really lucrative investment schemes

quote:

NEW YORK -- Edwin Díaz's $102 million, five-year contract with the New York Mets includes $26.5 million in deferred payments that he won't completely receive until 2042 and also has a club option for 2028 that could make the deal worth $118.25 million over six seasons.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Did we talk about the Feds maybe needing to check if Steve Cohen is involved in some really lucrative investment schemes
Well the Mets do historically love their deferred-money contracts...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Putting all of the saved money into crypto.

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

zoux posted:

New approved list of bands for walk up music:
https://twitter.com/harvilla/status/1589680443254706176

Killing Joke, Sisters of Mercy, and Lacuna Coil, nice!

LongTimeFirstTime fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 12, 2022

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This may have already been posted, but HBO has a great new documentary about Willie Mays

Who was the greatest baseball player of all time

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021
yep, I mentioned it a few pages back when people were looking for MOAR BASEBALL post-postseason.

And then I took my own advice and watched it earlier today. Was really good!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Was really good!

It’s very, very good. I am so glad they did this while he’s still around.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

There isn’t one player on the current Yankees roster who could leave and it would upset me. They are mostly losers who have never won poo poo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

There isn’t one player on the current Yankees roster who could leave and it would upset me. They are mostly losers who have never won poo poo.

Like 70% of all players in the league are losers who have never won poo poo.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

camoseven posted:

I need more baseball. Doesn't Australia play it now? How do I watch that??

ABL season just started, and all the games are streamed for free on this page. If you use the code "BaseballAustralia", registration is free. With the coupon code, I didn't have to enter any bank details. Don't know if works outside of Australian IPs though. But there's always VPNs for that.

You can also watch Team Australia get absolutely destroyed by the Japanese national team.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mcmagic posted:

They are mostly losers who have never won poo poo.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

So how's the MLB's big new sponsor doing?

https://twitter.com/CoinDesk/status/1591300054253731842

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1591348369271971841

Hmm very cool

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wasn't won as a Yankee, doesn't count. Technically he's a FA as well

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 12, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
This is a weird tweet but...

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1591443638810464257?t=Kfa5sJPe1sBDraYJqFBSAg&s=19

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah, so Crane fired Click because he was stopping him from signing 32 year old relievers with one good season ever to terrible monster contracts.

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1591448726974988288

Oh god my GM is name Firkus

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 12, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rizzo isn't on the Yankee roster actually.

RCarr posted:

Like 70% of all players in the league are losers who have never won poo poo.

The majority of this group of players specifically has proved over and over again that they can't win in the playoffs.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Again you could say that about the majority of players in the league.

That's how baseball works.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jason Heyward: proven winner
Aaron Judge: hideous, worthless loser

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Poque posted:

Hey, it's a fact!

Yankees are in for some tough years imo. I don't see Judge or Rizzo coming back

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

I'm probably :thejoke: but you should see how he made the money he used to buy the Mets. There's a good book titled Black Edge about him and his firm.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Popete posted:

Again you could say that about the majority of players in the league.

That's how baseball works.

OK not sure what your point is. It's time to drastically change the composition of the Yankees' roster.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Poque posted:

How many world series winning speeches has Judge given?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I love the non yankee fans in here who think the yankee roster is great and they should keep doing what they are doing. You are either trolling or dumb.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

mcmagic posted:

I love the non yankee fans in here who think the yankee roster is great and they should keep doing what they are doing. You are either trolling or dumb.

I mean you got to the loving ALCS, man. Clearly the roster is doing something right.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcmagic posted:

edited for unncessary rudeness

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 12, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SHORT MAD MAN GUY IN THE ELEVATOR: You're not understanding how bad the yankees roster is!

DON DRAPER (seething): I am thinking about how many votes Christopher Morel will win the NL MVP by.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic is incapable of internalizing the concept of postseason chaos. It’s all completely deterministic in his yankeebrain. If you lose it’s cause you’re a Loser who can’t Win, no other outcome was possible. Admitting otherwise would imply that the Great Yankees of his youth also got a bit lucky sometimes, instead of all being supermen with special Yankee Winner Mojo.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

SHORT MAD MAN GUY IN THE ELEVATOR: You're not understanding how bad the yankees roster is!

DON DRAPER (seething): I am thinking about how many votes Christopher Morel will win the NL MVP by.

god dammit lmao

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

bawfuls posted:

mcmagic is incapable of internalizing the concept of postseason chaos. It’s all completely deterministic in his yankeebrain. If you lose it’s cause you’re a Loser who can’t Win, no other outcome was possible. Admitting otherwise would imply that the Great Yankees of his youth also got a bit lucky sometimes, instead of all being supermen with special Yankee Winner Mojo.

No, you see THE CAPTAIN Derek Jeter just possessed the *will to win* and used this psyic desire to force his teammates into excellence. How do you people not get this?!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The best part about mcmagic's particular brain rot is that the ideal roster he is describing is just the Astros roster, replete with Proven Playoff Winners.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For the record I absolutely would prefer that the New York Yankees keep doing what they're doing.

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 12, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'll defend mcmagic a little bit and say it does kinda suck the Yankees get rolled by the Astros every single time while NL East teams manage to compete and sometimes best the Astros

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
If I was the Yankees I would simply sign better players who will get booed if they don't measure up to an impossible to meet standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
If I were the Yankees I’d simply cease to be losing rear end losers