Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Interesting, Deron Miller (ex CKY lead vocalist) has joined Malevolent Creation as their new vocalist. Will be interested to see what comes of that.

Speaking of, he just released an album from his CKY like band called 96 Bitter Beings. Definitely sounds like CKY, so check it out if you enjoy them, however, the production is pretty poor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgEpdGtUw9g&list=OLAK5uy_ngFQ3KBZJMk1plZ5ruRaugAb8YZCGu0sw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New Obituary up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKRsHSPfw4

Album out in January.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:awesome:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is this the "song from every album" tour? Cause I am so immensely envious of those who get to go. gently caress.

I'd pass out hearing Black Rose Immortal. Can't believe they finally put that on. Under the Weeping Moon too - goddamn, I'd kill myself after this night as it doesn't get any better than this.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yeah, and it rules.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Harminoff posted:

Interesting, Deron Miller (ex CKY lead vocalist) has joined Malevolent Creation as their new vocalist. Will be interested to see what comes of that.

Speaking of, he just released an album from his CKY like band called 96 Bitter Beings. Definitely sounds like CKY, so check it out if you enjoy them, however, the production is pretty poor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgEpdGtUw9g&list=OLAK5uy_ngFQ3KBZJMk1plZ5ruRaugAb8YZCGu0sw

What the hell that’s wild. I always absolutely loved the dude. It’s a shame CKY crumbled how it did.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vintersorg told me to post here, so here I am

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You want the latest - you come here. Bandcamp friday tomorrow - altho it's Remembrance Day? Would they DISHONOR our vets?

Only 1 way to honor them here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjyQUGQRPd8

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Vintersorg posted:

Is this the "song from every album" tour? Cause I am so immensely envious of those who get to go. gently caress.

I'd pass out hearing Black Rose Immortal. Can't believe they finally put that on. Under the Weeping Moon too - goddamn, I'd kill myself after this night as it doesn't get any better than this.

Hard agree. God drat what a setlist.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I waited 22 years to hear Black Rose Immortal live and it loving slayed so goddamn hard.

As per Michael; "turns out it's really loving fun to play".

Well you could have figured that out years ago, you drat Swedish trickster!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Vintersorg posted:

New Obituary up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKRsHSPfw4

Album out in January.
yeah sounds like Obituary, it's weird as heck to see them use a Mariusz artwork for the cover though

how do the growls sound these days

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Kilometers Davis posted:

What the hell that’s wild. I always absolutely loved the dude. It’s a shame CKY crumbled how it did.

You ever listen to any of his death metal stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kMjK3EX3dg&list=OLAK5uy_n6hAzfXNHob_ImRgWkdWcjKwM_0J_NpYY

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

That's a legit set list.

Last time I saw them, years ago, they played exactly one heavy song (demon of the fall). Such a bummer.

Edit: my dream is for Opeth to do a tour and play the whole Morningrise album. They did it Blackwater Park for their anniversary live album(one of the best live albums I've ever heard btw). Morningrise is my favorite metal album ever. Basically what got me started with "extreme: metal. Black Rose Immortal is such a ridiculous song and I bet it was awesome live.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 10, 2022

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Varg posted:

how do the growls sound these days

Good. Quite good.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

I waited 22 years to hear Black Rose Immortal live and it loving slayed so goddamn hard.

As per Michael; "turns out it's really loving fun to play".

Well you could have figured that out years ago, you drat Swedish trickster!

*peering between blinds* svenske…. jävlar???

Double Bass
Feb 20, 2011
I posted a snippit a couple years back of a work in progress and I figured I'd finally post the finished song. I also posted it in the prog thread but it's honestly more metal than anything, so I hope someone enjoys it! Ft. Derek Sherinian from Dream Theater and Conner Green from Haken, really enjoyed working with them. Me and my friend actually had a whole album written but had a lot of creative differences for ideas moving forward so this is probably the only song that will get released. Once again hope someone digs it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RauDyTXnI_U

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

lmao that they're STILL closing with Deliverance

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

holy shittttt what the gently caress

My only wish is to swap Ghost with Baying Of The Hounds, which fucken slaps and doesn't get it's due

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Ouch. Missing Voivod and the best Opeth setlist I've ever seen despite it taking place a small hike from where I live is a bummer; I didn't even realize metal gigs happened near that area outside of Copenhell season. Gonna be sorting Opeth videos on Youtube by new for a while.

How's the new drummer sounding? I haven't been crazy about any Opeth release since Lopez left, but the first guy they brought in to replace Axe seemed astoundingly unfit for the job.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well at this point that's kind of like Iron Maiden closing with Hallowed Be Thy Name. Can't really blame them.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Skjorte posted:

How's the new drummer sounding? I haven't been crazy about any Opeth release since Lopez left, but the first guy they brought in to replace Axe seemed astoundingly unfit for the job.

Waltteri is great, he nailed the ending/outtro of Deliverance, which is my measure of a great Opeth drummer.

He's not Lopez, but he's drat good.

And Mikael calls him Walt, which I approve of.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 11, 2022

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Groke posted:

Well at this point that's kind of like Iron Maiden closing with Hallowed Be Thy Name. Can't really blame them.

Maiden's actually pretty good about mixing up song placement for their tours. Don't think they've closed-closed with Hallowed for well over a decade by now, although they do tend to just kinda move around the same dozen or so classics while fitting in a bit of their newest material. Surely they'll Black Rose Immortal-ize Alexander the Great any second now...

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
BOLT THROWER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEYFjFUnDI

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gently caress yes bolt thrower

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
Just chiming in to say that the new single by 200 Stab Wounds is perfection. Wow.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

*peering between blinds* svenske…. jävlar???

I HAVE been saying this!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Boor

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Gwar is kicking up their merch game with a dildo. You can probably guess who makes it for them. Link is certainly :nws: (unless you work at the dildo factory).

https://gwar.net/products/the-cuttlefish-of-cthulu-toy

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Detective Thompson posted:

Gwar is kicking up their merch game with a dildo. You can probably guess who makes it for them. Link is certainly :nws: (unless you work at the dildo factory).

https://gwar.net/products/the-cuttlefish-of-cthulu-toy

lmao this rules

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's just so brilliant - they did it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGQ7epQKdo

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

It's just so brilliant - they did it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGQ7epQKdo

gently caress yeah

Edit: God I hope they tour in the US with a set list like this one

Malaria fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 13, 2022

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

so im in new york for a visit and wound up at the sold out enforced, 200 stab wounds, undeath show at vitus through a friend who had a ticket hookup

i only just two days ago gave slave to the scalpel a real honest listen and it loving slaps. stoked to see enforced and 200

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

200 Stab Wounds fuckin own

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ShoogaSlim posted:

so im in new york for a visit and wound up at the sold out enforced, 200 stab wounds, undeath show at vitus through a friend who had a ticket hookup

i only just two days ago gave slave to the scalpel a real honest listen and it loving slaps. stoked to see enforced and 200

Go see it again tomorrow! :v: If my hours didn’t suck so bad I would go

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

what has "viking metal" been up to recently

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Killingyouguy! posted:

what has "viking metal" been up to recently

Amon Amarth- the Vikingest Viking Metal Band that ever Metalled https://youtu.be/Je3EcJhxUP8

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lmao that they still start with ghost of perdition was my first thought

Anyway Vektor still loving rule and their energy live is much more sincere and positive than with the old lineup.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Snowy posted:

Go see it again tomorrow! :v: If my hours didn’t suck so bad I would go

considered it but i have dinner plans tonight with friends. last night was sick tho. ill go see em again when they hit LA

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Mr. Pickles posted:

Lmao that they still start with ghost of perdition was my first thought

Anyway Vektor still loving rule and their energy live is much more sincere and positive than with the old lineup.

did the wife beating guy leave the band yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Doesn't seem like it, but he also finally admitted his side of the story recently? tl;dr: probably bullshit, everyone has their own story

quote:

“Hello, this is David DiSanto of Vektor. I just want to take a couple minutes to set the record straight about the rumors surrounding me. I had hoped the allegations against me would eventually go away, but due to the band recently losing a record deal with Century Media because of the misperceptions about me, it’s time I addressed everything clearly for everyone. I apologize for my initial response in 2019 and my silence that followed. It was too much for me to handle at the time. So, now I want to clarify to our fans what’s actually going on in that dark, horrible video swirling around the internet.

This little guy (my dog, Sprinkles) set off a chain of events that I never could’ve imagined. In early 2019 he was still being potty trained, and he left a little poo on the stairs in the middle of the night after I had gone to bed. It was around midnight when I was woken up by my wife standing next to the bed repeatedly slapping my head, pulling my hair, and digging into my chest with her nails, screaming and yelling at me to pick up his poop immediately.

I kept telling her to ‘leave me alone’, ‘it can wait until the morning’, but she wouldn’t stop after what seemed like 30 minutes. I finally stood up and was cornered against the wall between the bed and my dresser. I asked her to move so I could do the thing she was asking, but she wouldn’t budge and kept instigating and escalating the situation. So, I picked her up and moved her onto the bed, out of my way, so I could get by. I then threw a pillow and reiterated to her, ‘leave me alone’.

That is the truth and reality of what took place before and during that video. Some people might not think that’s a very big deal, but I want to make perfectly clear that I am truly sorry and embarrassed for how I reacted to that situation. Having my personal life being exposed to complete strangers has been a big opportunity for me to learn and grow. These past few years have humbled me to my core. Like so many others, I was caught in a toxic relationship and felt like I was trapped and couldn’t get out. I hope all the people that go through that find the power to heal themselves and move forward with their lives. That’s what I’m trying to do.

As for other rumors getting passed around online, there are no continued legal battles going on between my ex and myself. Our divorce was finalized in 2021 and it was very standard as far as divorces are concerned. We divvied up our assets and went our separate ways. I don’t have any kind of criminal record. I certainly have never been charged with any type of domestic violence. The mugshot that people are passing around is from a completely unrelated event from 2013 where I splashed beer on a Christian protester who was antagonizing the crowd at Scion Metal Fest in Memphis. I wasn’t charged for anything regarding that either.

Hopefully, people will eventually be able to judge us on our music and not our personal lives: my personal life. I’m continuing to better myself every day in all aspects of my life. It’s a shame that we lost a record deal because of lies and slander, but we’ll keep doing our best, continue to grow, and rise above the challenges.

I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my side of the story and how these events truly unfolded. On behalf of myself and Vektor, we look forward to your continued support and understanding about this matter. Thank you.”