Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Oh wow, just realized another game this reminds me of. It's really similar to Air Land and Sea. That game is also cards with powers fighting over three different locations, win two and you win. It also has a mechanic where you can surrender early and lose fewer points. It's also six turns long but you have all six cards you'll play in your hand the whole round. It's a fun game you might like if you're enjoying this.

I've only played a few games of this today, is it clear when you're playing against people? These early rounds have had my opponent making moves that aren't very smart but I guess it's possible people could also be making boneheaded moves early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Dammit I am stuck around 40 again. I swapped in killmonger for zoo decks and enchantress for devil dinosaur but having a hard time getting wins with the discard deck.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

priznat posted:

Dammit I am stuck around 40 again. I swapped in killmonger for zoo decks and enchantress for devil dinosaur but having a hard time getting wins with the discard deck.

I'm stuck in the mid-30s. I'm at around CL 666 or so, and I can't quite figure out what I want to run. I keep bouncing back and forth between my Jubilee deck, my Pool 2 apocalypse deck and a Devil Dinosaur deck.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

100% of my climbing* has depended on figuring out if I've probably won the match three hands in (or less) and, otherwise, figuring out when to just bounce and lose one or two cubes rather than four or six.

edit: current example: deadpool, carnage, venom opener... quick Snap.

* read "climbing" not winning. I lose a lot and retreat more often.

On the other end of things: I retreat a lot on 1 cube losses and just wonder about how much my opponent would have won if they pushed harder.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 13, 2022

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Jolo posted:

I've only played a few games of this today, is it clear when you're playing against people?

If they have a relatively normal sounding one or two word name it’s probably a bot. If it’s xWeedLordGoku420x probably not.

…or maybe that’s what Ben Brode wants me to think? :tinfoil:

I was looking at variants on my coffee break at work and I’ve decided I’m hoarding gold till this Doctor Doom shows up in the shop.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

BGrifter posted:

If they have a relatively normal sounding one or two word name it’s probably a bot. If it’s xWeedLordGoku420x probably not.

…or maybe that’s what Ben Brode wants me to think? :tinfoil:

I was looking at variants on my coffee break at work and I’ve decided I’m hoarding gold till this Doctor Doom shows up in the shop.

Oh neat, I think that's Skottie Young's artwork.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I just crossed over into pool 2 and now I'm getting constantly destroyed. My decks feel underpowered and the tactics that I'm used to countering (seeing the Apocalypse destroy/discard decks, heimdall/doctor strange/multiple man/hulk buster, etc) aren't as common. Any tips? do I just need to keep losing and working my way up to get more pool 2 cards?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is the only way to get variants from the gold shop or buying the season passes? I have a few variants but I'm not sure where I got them. Collection level seems to just be giving credits, boosters, and cards

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tender Bender posted:

Is the only way to get variants from the gold shop or buying the season passes? I have a few variants but I'm not sure where I got them. Collection level seems to just be giving credits, boosters, and cards

You can get a few variants from collection level - collector's caches have a 5-8% chance of dropping one?

biceps crimes posted:

I just crossed over into pool 2 and now I'm getting constantly destroyed. My decks feel underpowered and the tactics that I'm used to countering (seeing the Apocalypse destroy/discard decks, heimdall/doctor strange/multiple man/hulk buster, etc) aren't as common. Any tips? do I just need to keep losing and working my way up to get more pool 2 cards?

Make new decks with the new cards you get, or add new cards you get into your old decks to spice them up.

Alternately: play Devil Dino.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
My game name is just my first name so when I do something really dumb I just pretend im a bot

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to replace Heimdall in my movement deck with something else, what are good options to mess with people? I'm thinking Zola maybe, I figure his copy won't count as a move, but if I can get something like Vulture charged up first it might not matter

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Squiggly posted:

You kinda need stuff to destroy, and this is both destroy and discard. It's not a great pool 1 deck in my experience

It gets better when you get nova and Bucky Barnes for destroy or swarm for discard

Ah yes I see. I did just get Nova but maybe I’m still a way away.

I’m trying a move deck but I find myself relying on the same old cards to win - Jessica Jones, Iron Man and Hulk. Hard to break the habit!

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 13, 2022

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jolo posted:

Oh neat, I think that's Skottie Young's artwork.

It is, Skottie did a bunch of the bsby variants.

Rian Gonzales who's been doing a bunch of Batgirls covers recently did a bunch of the chibi variants too and I know I've seen Jamie McKelvie's America Chavez variant at least once.

Some of these are repurposed (mostly covers) but like Rian's are all originals specifically for the game.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Discard deck seemed pretty lackluster in Pool 2 but after unlocking Wong and Gambit, it's so much fun deleting their cards.

Why is Rogue slept on so much? She's like a cheaper Enchantress, and turns their ongoing power against them. Anytime I see Kazar, Onslaught (or the one time someone had Cerebro) she just demoralizes them.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Reek posted:

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Storm
# (4) Wong
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOYWtpYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrUGFudGhlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2tveWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZvcmdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Loving this one I saw on snap fan. Didn't realize black panther will double again after you hit him with zola

Dropping Carnage and adding Ironheart for a third win condition when you don't draw one of the other setups

Top tier wong/ironheart/Odin shenanigans

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Banjo Bones posted:

Why is Rogue slept on so much? She's like a cheaper Enchantress, and turns their ongoing power against them. Anytime I see Kazar, Onslaught (or the one time someone had Cerebro) she just demoralizes them.

Part being a 3/1, whereas Enchantress is always a 4/4 at least. Partly because she's Pool 3 and not a lot of us are deep into that. And possibly most importantly she only takes out one ongoing, not all the ongoing on the location.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

uXs posted:

Wow this can be pretty nasty.

For one-drops I used:

* Ant-man
* Elektra
* Squirrel Girl
* Iron Fist
* Nightcrawler
* Rocket Raccoon
* Blade

Basically cards that can have useful side-effects on turn 6, that's why didn't use Iceman for example. Same for Korg, Mantis, and Hawkeye.

Iron Fist can be used to get into otherwise locked off locations, but only if that location isn't on the right. So I also got Nightcrawler, although he does need to be played before turn 6 for that.

Blade is a 1/3 and his 'drawback' (for this deck anyway) is irrelevant if played on turn 6.

I do occasionally wonder why ranking up is so difficult when I still run into people who don't retreat if they literally can't play any cards and they're guaranteed to lose.

buffalo all day posted:

KaZoo melts pool 2 midranks, just add Shang Chi. Basically:

Angela
bishop
Kazar
Shang chi
Blue Marvel
7 1 drops, use ice man, rocket raccoon, etc.

Only play 1 drops on t6 unless absolutely necessary. Fold if you’re missing 3 or more of the non one drops.

Source: guy owning 4 pool 3 cards who just played this list from 50-65 over the last 24 hours

I am running this exact build, and I have lost a single game all day, 2 cubes, and that was due to a misplay (played Rocket Ruckcoon on a lane opponent had filled up). Wakandan Embassy tends to give a good bunch of power too, but between Elektra sniping a Maw or Sunspot, Bishop going in the double digits, and Squirrel Girl/Iron Fist letting me get some more points in a flooded location, it's giving me a lot of confidence, rather than "Oh I hope I draw XYZ last turn".

My highlights have been an opponent playing Hobgoblin into their own Cosmo, and someone giving me a cube turn four after I killed their Sunspot on Asgard.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
Yeah, the late curve Kazoo works really well for cube gains since (at least at my terrible level) it gives the opponent confidence.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PJOmega posted:

Part being a 3/1, whereas Enchantress is always a 4/4 at least. Partly because she's Pool 3 and not a lot of us are deep into that. And possibly most importantly she only takes out one ongoing, not all the ongoing on the location.

Including your own, which is sometimes important and even desirable.

The last reason for Rogue to be lightly played is that denying someone else the Ongoing is frequently more important than having it yourself. Sure, it's nice to steal Iron Man or Blue Marvel or Wong if your lane isn't full. But stealing something like Ant-Man is extremely low impact, stealing Patriot or Morbius is unlikely to be of use to you, and stealing Armor is pointless. So generally the only place you'll find Rogue is in Mr Negative decks, where she can become a 1/3 and at worst not waste spare energy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So what am I supposed to do with Black Cat? Do you just hope not to draw it before turn 3 or is there something it synergises with?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

stev posted:

So what am I supposed to do with Black Cat? Do you just hope not to draw it before turn 3 or is there something it synergises with?

Hela and Ghost Rider.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’m got to CL 459 and was playing pool 3 decks last night so there certainly doesn’t seem to be a hard cutover. Looks like my final pool 2 unlock will be Bucky Barnes.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
From pool 2 to 3 I definitely noticed people playing with pool 3 cards as I approached pool 3, I'm glad because it made the decision not to stop at the end of pool 2 and collect credits easy

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

There is very little that is more satisfying than popping Killmonger on T5 against a KaZoo deck after they snapped with extreme confidence.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

It seems like people start getting matched against full pool 3 decks in earnest around 600 though, im thinking about saving credits now that I’m in the late 500s. Also if they’re reworking caches to give fewer boosters that’s another reason to wait to spend as long as possible.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kaddish posted:

I’m got to CL 459 and was playing pool 3 decks last night so there certainly doesn’t seem to be a hard cutover. Looks like my final pool 2 unlock will be Bucky Barnes.

I'm at CL 426 and I face people with pool 3 cards occasionally around rank 45. It's usually just one or two cards, like the person in my last game had Wong. Earlier on I faced an opponent with Dracula where I am certain it didn't come from a random source.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

. Also if they’re reworking caches to give fewer boosters that’s another reason to wait to spend as long as possible.

I just looked around and find multiple articles saying they were going to give collector tokens retroactively for anyone who already opened caches. So if you get boosters now you'll also get tokens later. It makes sense, because they don't want people not interacting with the leveling system for two months.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

rydiafan posted:

I just looked around and find multiple articles saying they were going to give collector tokens retroactively for anyone who already opened caches. So if you get boosters now you'll also get tokens later. It makes sense, because they don't want people not interacting with the leveling system for two months.

Interesting! Mind sharing? What I saw was that the loot table was set once you earn a cache so you can’t just not open them, but you could save credits:

quote:

Loot tables are determined for Collector’s Caches and Collector’s Reserves at the time they are earned. When they are opened, a reward is selected from that predetermined loot table. We will talk about tokens more soon.
Stephen
We don’t want to create a situation where players are incentivized to hold off on opening rewards they have earned. We will be moving forward in a way that doesn’t create a big advantage for people who hold out on opening collectors reserves.

TLDR: Feel free to save up on credits and gold, but go ahead and claim all the rewards you earn right away and enjoy them!
Yong

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

Interesting! Mind sharing? What I saw was that the loot table was set once you earn a cache so you can’t just not open them, but you could save credits:

https://gamerant.com/marvel-snap-replacing-collectors-cache-boosters-collectors-tokens/

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/marvel-snap-devs-reveal-plans-to-replace-collectors-cache-boosters-with-collectors-tokens-1981754/

But of these articles make the claim.

It's possible this is a new development, because the quote you posted encouraged people not to level.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

That Gamerant article is absolutely terrible. It says that Snap has no PVP mode and Black Panther is a chase card.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Alright, who's the popular online rear end in a top hat who got everyone to netdeck Wong this morning?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Jedit posted:

That Gamerant article is absolutely terrible. It says that Snap has no PVP mode and Black Panther is a chase card.

Given the context of that sentence they clearly meant it has no targeted "play against a specific person" mode.

Edit: But yeah, games "journalism" is trash. I really wish either of the articles I posted stated a source for the claim, since the whole industry has been reduced to a giant game of telephone.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 13, 2022

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

My very last pool 2 card might end up being killmonger

[E] he was the one before the last pool 2 card lol

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 13, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Nikumatic posted:

Alright, who's the popular online rear end in a top hat who got everyone to netdeck Wong this morning?

wong owns so much i spent my first gold

i just dropped him in a game and the guy instantly retreated after seeing him, lol because I didn't have any cards to play and was debating whether i should retreat now or later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wong/Mystique/Onslaught is pretty much a guaranteed win right now with several viable options for what goes in that forth slot, I wouldn't be surprised if Wong takes a nerf at the next update

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That super zoo deck is great but I find I just punch out if I don’t draw at least kazar by the 4th turn.

Bishop is sneaky good with it and can really rack up the points with dropping all those oners.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

priznat posted:

Bishop is sneaky good with it and can really rack up the points with dropping all those oners.

Yeah he's basically +5 at least on the last turn. Ideal sequence is Angela on 2, Bishop, Ka-Zar, Blue Marvel, then all the onesies. Hopefully your opponent has a nice beefed up Sunspot or Ebony Maw for Elektra :getin:

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 13, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
yeah i imagine wong doesn't get left as he is now, gotta get my wong jollies in now

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
maybe just swap his ongoing into an on reveal that doubles the next card you play, idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I'm in an awkward spot early pool 3 where I'm either pantsing my opponent so hard they retreat or I'm up against people with titles and cards I don't have