Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Im thirsty for counter-strik... Do you want to see the movies I made with the agent models??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Definitely not the first time I have been bad for counter-strike

If your post was bad for Counter Strike I don't want to have good Counter Strike.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Budzilla posted:

If your post was bad for Counter Strike I don't want to have good Counter Strike.

I don’t think this game was made for you pal

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedFunIcecreamDancingBanana-7h3a5bYGRZaNEFVe

Completely insane moment

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Didn't realize you could clip the entire third map of navi-furia

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Didn't realize you could clip the entire third map of navi-furia
I watched the replay of it and the entire game was loving insane. The crowd really made it though.

Up Circle posted:

I don’t think this game was made for you pal

It wasn't. I embraced it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I really hope Furia wins the entire thing. It's not a team I'd normally root for, but it'd be so cool for the home crowd

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Given how their semi final is going right now it's entirely possible.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
Ugh Furia completely collapsing on Nuke. Hope they can pull it off otherwise Heroic v Outsiders is kind of an underwhelming grand final all things considered.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

that stavn 1v4 was the point of no return. genuinely think he's the best Danish player atm. RIP Furia but thank u for taking out NaVi in the process

drowningidiot posted:

Heroic v Outsiders is kind of an underwhelming grand final all things considered.

not really, both teams have something to prove since both are consistently like top 8 w/o many trophies to show+no one having faith in Outsiders after they lost YEKINDAR. ver prepared for the arena to be a library tomorrow tho lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

get a 1v4 as a Danish player and nobody cares, get one kill and be traded on Furia & everyone loses their minds - Heath " the Joker" Ledger

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

What are all the complaints about cheating crowd about? I’ve been watching it as background without sound. Not sure what’s going on, screaming enemy teams positions or something?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

LochNessMonster posted:

What are all the complaints about cheating crowd about? I’ve been watching it as background without sound. Not sure what’s going on, screaming enemy teams positions or something?

If it's a 1v1 or something, they'll cheer when your crosshair is near/on the person so you get an idea of where to look.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Outsiders and Heroic are teams I almost universally root against. Kinda bummed this is how the final is gonna go.

I guess I hate Outsiders slightly less?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Audax posted:

If it's a 1v1 or something, they'll cheer when your crosshair is near/on the person so you get an idea of where to look.

Most pros are pretty clear about it at best ratcheting up their awareness of an imminent fight but not necessarily as a hint that their guess is correct and are pretty neutral about its utility since it mostly seems to add stress and pressure. the csgo fan community is remarkably dumb about this tbh.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Nativity In Black posted:

Outsiders and Heroic are teams I almost universally root against. Kinda bummed this is how the final is gonna go.

I guess I hate Outsiders slightly less?
Outsiders won 2-0.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Upside for me, because I barely cared about the outcome of this, I got a bunch of stuff accomplished around the house

I'm kinda annoyed about the narrative that the Brazilian fans didn't show up for the final because

1) Yeah I get it, I'm not really rooting for the teams either

2) Apparently it was pretty fun outside.

3) Also it's apparently false in general and the shots of the empty arena are from early in the day before matches started?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Nativity In Black posted:

Upside for me, because I barely cared about the outcome of this, I got a bunch of stuff accomplished around the house

I'm kinda annoyed about the narrative that the Brazilian fans didn't show up for the final because

1) Yeah I get it, I'm not really rooting for the teams either

2) Apparently it was pretty fun outside.

3) Also it's apparently false in general and the shots of the empty arena are from early in the day before matches started?

Nah, I watched every minute of the major from challengers on. They were there and insane when a Brazilian team was in it, but the crowd was missing or dead otherwise. For the final the crowd came really late and even then were very low-energy. Really high highs, really low lows. But you can’t count on one specific and unlikely success scenario for your atmosphere not to suck.

This was so overhyped from the crowd angle (people in Brazil were lobbying for an even bigger stadium) but at least the lesson was hopefully learned. They announced another IEM tournament in Brazil in 2023 but it won’t be a major.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pandaal posted:

Nah, I watched every minute of the major from challengers on. They were there and insane when a Brazilian team was in it, but the crowd was missing or dead otherwise. For the final the crowd came really late and even then were very low-energy. Really high highs, really low lows. But you can’t count on one specific and unlikely success scenario for your atmosphere not to suck.

This was so overhyped from the crowd angle (people in Brazil were lobbying for an even bigger stadium) but at least the lesson was hopefully learned. They announced another IEM tournament in Brazil in 2023 but it won’t be a major.

ESL hosed up big time with the fanfest. if I had to choose between sitting in hard stadium seats for 6+ hours and chilling with my boys drinking beer outside, I'd pick the outside beers every single time. I can't really blame the fans for chill option when their hometown heroes weren't playing.

they split the difference and made the broadcast a little worse.

e. iirc they did the fanfest because it sold out so fast. if they had a bigger stadium and no fanfest, seems like it'd have been perfect.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/BrianCS_/status/1593074699730583552

everyone please take a few seconds of your day to see a play better than anything at the major

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

NA CS is back

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Big update today. Dust2 is out of active duty and Anubis is in. AWP magazine has been reduced to 5 rounds and some damage dropoff changes for the M4a1s.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

wtf

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
u only need 5 awp shots to ace anyway.

hell in fact, you only need one if you line all their heads up, so i say reduce the awp clip to 1

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

I kind of hate the balance changes that feel like they over-fit to the pro-scene and don't really make even high rank competitive significantly better.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Breaking Glass posted:

I kind of hate the balance changes that feel like they over-fit to the pro-scene and don't really make even high rank competitive significantly better.

It did seem like an update out of nowhere. I personally believe the AWP reduction is good but won't make much of a difference except for spamming shots though walls/smoke.

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

Budzilla posted:

It did seem like an update out of nowhere. I personally believe the AWP reduction is good but won't make much of a difference except for spamming shots though walls/smoke.

I'm torn on this. They're cheap kills, but I love rewarding timing as a mechanic.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Hot take spamming the loud one shot gun without a confirmed target is already something that involves a risk/reward calculation. I'm probably biased because I love random shots at walls.

Have an all time great rewarded for toxicity-moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRdloPB4dw

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Kehveli posted:

Hot take spamming the loud one shot gun without a confirmed target is already something that involves a risk/reward calculation. I'm probably biased because I love random shots at walls.

Have an all time great rewarded for toxicity-moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRdloPB4dw

never not spam

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Budzilla posted:

Big update today. Dust2 is out of active duty and Anubis is in. AWP magazine has been reduced to 5 rounds and some damage dropoff changes for the M4a1s.

lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

bring back the r8 damage

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Shut up glass

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

please put some respect on my name i'm SMFC in a dead game tyvm and i got there by winning with the only stat that matters banging flashes

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
congrats on reaching supreme master double eagle lord

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i swear i'm gonna start playing again one of these days. maybe next week

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I’ve just jumped back in myself over the last week and fallen down a bit of a hole. Counter-Strike is still one of the best gaming experiences IMO.

Took me a minute to remember how to diffuse the bomb though, which was fun when I was the only CT left, found the bomb, then just frantically spun round hammering different keys over it before it exploded. I bet my team loved that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sounds like you should goonman

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i’m going back through the old classics and MAN i forgot about this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMlUUdfq0U

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

PIZZA.BAT posted: