Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheRat posted:

Yeah, I'm sure that's a thing that happened. Totally.

Particularly as the only time United lost 5-0 last season was against Liverpool.

Just imagining Solskjaer trying to prep the players for that match by showing them the Best Of Dwight Yorke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Particularly as the only time United lost 5-0 last season was against Liverpool.

Just imagining Solskjaer trying to prep the players for that match by showing them the Best Of Dwight Yorke.
that video would also include the best of Mark Bosnich

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

Was thinking about this the other day and can't imagine Ronald being retired and doing the usual retired player jobs. Pundit, coach, appearing in a suit to do the champions league draw, twitter conspiracy theorist, professional poker player

I could see him acting surly at a Champions League draw.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't think he has the banter to convincingly laugh and say 'sorry guys' at drawing a former team in a group of death

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
this is maybe a little strong given he's a footballer i don't like but he gives me strong patrick bateman vibes

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

this is maybe a little strong given he's a footballer i don't like but he gives me strong patrick bateman vibes

I don't think I've ever seen a more fitting description of Ronaldo.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
patrick bateman would have drawn the line long before the face dildo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Ronaldo has like 500 million instagram followers, he’s going to spend the rest of his life rolling in money by endorsing more and more dubious products and doing gently caress all

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The more important question is if he will become fat ronaldo 2.0

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he’s way too vain to let himself get out of shape and when he retires he can go hog wild with pills and poo poo to keep that going

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He'll probably spend his time on a yacht with many mirrors and a steady supply of victims

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/IDONTM1SSCUH/status/1591922884687323136?t=rXbTopGkOSG61sm1AajV3g&s=19

Lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/siphillipssport/status/1592059613867921408

a trillion different punchlines folding onto each other like thin sheets of metal forming a single joke

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Is he having a break from reality or something

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jadon Sancho was in the cafeteria eating cakes and one of the cakes looked at me

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ronald taking a leaf out of his new mate Dr Peterson's book and crying on stream about players not doing enough free kicks in training

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is all tremendous content

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Not sure how much I trust mufcmpb, but I am choosing to believe that anecdote is true.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Unai has pretty conclusively proved that Gerrard is a fraudulent idiot by getting the exact same Villa players to not be completely useless and to do such things as "have a clue about what they're supposed to be doing at any given time" UTV we're back etc

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I don't remember where it was said or who said it, but one of the Villa players talked about how he didn't even know you could play with that much structure, how Emery had a very specific and detailed plan for how to play vs Man Utd and how Gerrard had just pretty much just told them the formation and not much more.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

Not sure how much I trust mufcmpb, but I am choosing to believe that anecdote is true.

luke shaw ate an entire chocolate cake while all the other players cheered, and then cristiano smashed the plate over his head in a fit of rage

there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheRat posted:

I don't remember where it was said or who said it, but one of the Villa players talked about how he didn't even know you could play with that much structure, how Emery had a very specific and detailed plan for how to play vs Man Utd and how Gerrard had just pretty much just told them the formation and not much more.

christ what a useless sack of garbage

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Another successful graduate of the 'just run abaht a bit' management academy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

christ what a useless sack of garbage

Amazing that his tactics with a squad with all of the best players in a farmers league didn't translate to the Prem.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

TheRat posted:

Is he having a break from reality or something

unironically yes

his behavior has gotten absurd but i do feel pretty bad for him. ik he's a world famous athlete with unlimited resources but moving countries, failing at your new job (when you have an ego that says ofc you'll succeed in a huge way), and then losing a child all in short succession has got to take its toll.

i dont think anyone would begrudge him a quiet retirement but that ship has long since sailed

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
honestly it is kinda a shame that it all has collapsed to this extent but like a greek tragedy the poison is within him. if he just said alright gently caress it, went to sporting and stood around the 6 yard box and got 11 goals in 13 games then the rest of the world could have been happy pretending he's back and pretending that there's a messi v ronaldo showdown at the world cup. after they lose just retire and thanks ferguson for building him into the player he is, everyone forgets that he slapped a little kids hand last year and we move on

but now he's pissed off the united fanbase who seemed happy to always be on his side, madrid keep winning CLs without him, etc.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
The United fans should be more grateful to him for saving them from relegation last season

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

the sex ghost posted:

Was thinking about this the other day and can't imagine Ronald being retired and doing the usual retired player jobs. Pundit, coach, appearing in a suit to do the champions league draw, twitter conspiracy theorist, professional poker player

Inshallah he'll be in prison my brother

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

fat gay nonce posted:

Inshallah he'll be in prison my brother

Increasingly that is a usual retired player job

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
couldnt find a full transcript so i stole some choice quotes from reddit:

Cristiano Ronaldo quotes:
"Yes [he's being forced out]. Not only the coach, but another two of three guys around. I felt betrayed."
"People should listen to the truth. Yes, I feel betrayed and I felt that some people didn't want me here [at #mufc], not just this year, but last year too."

On Rangnick
“If you’re not even a coach, how are you going to be the boss of #mufc? I’d never even heard of him."
"A big club like Manchester United bringing in a sporting director like Rangnick surprised not only me but all the world.This guy is not even a coach."

On Ten Hag
"I don't have respect for him because he doesn’t show respect for me."

On Wayne Rooney
“I don’t know why he criticises me so badly, probably because he finished his career and I’m still playing at high level. I’m not going to say that I’m looking better than him, which is true..."

On his return
“The progress was zero, since Sir Alex left, I saw no evolution in the club. Nothing had changed.”
"Nothing changed [at #mufc]. Not only the jacuzzi, the pool, even the gym. Even some points of technology, the kitchen, the chefs - who I appreciate, lovely people! I thought I would see different things, technology, infrastructure."

Other:
He (SAF) knows better than anybody that the club is not on the path they deserve to be. He knows. Everyone knows. The people who don’t see that… it’s because they don’t want to see; they are blind.”
“I think the fans should know the truth, I want the best for the club. This is why I come to Manchester United."
“But you have some things inside that don’t help (us) reach the top level as City, Liverpool and even now Arsenal . . . a club with this dimension should be top of the tree in my opinion and they are not unfortunately.”
"I love Manchester United, I love the fans, they’re always on my side. But if they want to do it different… they have to change many, many things.”

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Barry Shitpeas posted:

The United fans should be more grateful to him for saving them from relegation last season

He was the biggest reason for how bad Man Utd were last season, op

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the Rangnick thing is weird, since as far as I can tell the only reason Rangnick was brought in to begin with was because certain players were agitating that they wanted a proper fancy continental coach with an elaborate system whereas Solskjaer was just a nice lad who'd picked up some tactical knowledge by osmosis and who'd managed to turn a caretaker role into a full-time job by just literally not being Jose Mourinho

and then immediately they abjectly refused to play Rangnick's system as soon as he came in, presumably because it involved any form of running or tracking back

then Ten Hag came in and promptly benched the lot of them in favour of kids and Eredivisie players, which is both lol and lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It was extremely obvious from day 1 of Ronaldo that Solskjær had to change everything to accommodate him, and while he scored a few goals the team output as a whole went completely into the shitter. Also, everyone around him were worse off for having to emergency-turn.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

On his return
“The progress was zero, since Sir Alex left, I saw no evolution in the club. Nothing had changed.”
"Nothing changed [at #mufc]. Not only the jacuzzi, the pool, even the gym. Even some points of technology, the kitchen, the chefs - who I appreciate, lovely people! I thought I would see different things, technology, infrastructure."

This is a fair point. United seem to be a decade behind the likes of City, etc on the entirety of the club setup, from the training ground up. The Cliff was a shithole before they moved to Carrington in 1999 and they haven't done any meaningful upgrades at Carrington for a decade. Old Trafford itself is literally rotting from its foundations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Man Utd had a fair bit of progress on the tech/sports science front under Van Gaal. Then Mourinho came in and scrapped it all.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Bea Nanner posted:

“I don’t know why he criticises me so badly, probably because he finished his career and I’m still playing at high level. I’m not going to say that I’m looking better than him, which is true..."

If you'd told me that both of these quotes were from Donald Trump I'd have 100% believed you. Clearly they fall from the same narcissistic tree.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
"…and even now Arsenal" hahaha brutal

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

This is a fair point. United seem to be a decade behind the likes of City, etc on the entirety of the club setup, from the training ground up. The Cliff was a shithole before they moved to Carrington in 1999 and they haven't done any meaningful upgrades at Carrington for a decade. Old Trafford itself is literally rotting from its foundations.

While it may be, he's trying to whitewash this interview as some "for the fans and the club" thing which is horseshit. The fans know the club's been neglected by the Glazers none of this is loving news.

He talks about Rangnick not being a coach, neither was Ferguson, Ancelotti isn't either. Erik ten Hag very much is, yet Ronaldo's still unhappy.

Yes losing a kid sucks, trust me I know, he was given time off by the club, the second he came back he was agitating for a move and being a prick during preseason. He's stunk the place out for the majority of the game time he has been given and now he's decided to give an exclusive interview to a smug sack of evil cum like Morgan.

He can get hosed.

Also big lol at him having swipes at Rooney, without whom Ronaldo's career trajectory is somewhat different since he did all Ronaldo's hard yards for him.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tbp posted:

honestly it is kinda a shame that it all has collapsed to this extent but like a greek tragedy the poison is within him. if he just said alright gently caress it, went to sporting and stood around the 6 yard box and got 11 goals in 13 games then the rest of the world could have been happy pretending he's back and pretending that there's a messi v ronaldo showdown at the world cup. after they lose just retire and thanks ferguson for building him into the player he is, everyone forgets that he slapped a little kids hand last year and we move on

i'm not sure he's even good enough for the liga nos anymore.

it must eat at him that messi is still playing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

his Madrid wingman won the Ballon D'Or older (34) than Ronald was last time he won (32)

his life seems to basically be unraveling