Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

$20 maybe from the store just buying whatever queso and BBQ sauce they have.

out of curiosity I put together a very generic set of ingredient list on Instacart. It was like $24 but I could get it under $20 with generics if I wanted to. Unfortunately the cheapest trash can was over $20. thankfully I found a compromise

Denver "same as in store" prices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pseudohog posted:

And they don't package the ingredients very securely, so your cheese sauce may well end up leaking out all over the inside of your package!

https://youtu.be/as2pnYmfJJc

Lmao at the branded shipping box so you can’t even hide your shame at buying $70 mail nachos

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno, "Kroger All-Purpose Bucket Nachos" just doesn't have quite the same ring

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pseudohog posted:

And they don't package the ingredients very securely, so your cheese sauce may well end up leaking out all over the inside of your package!

https://youtu.be/as2pnYmfJJc

hey there's a tiny pouch of pulled pork in there!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Buy the giant can of Rico Nacho cheese and use all the cheese but also use the can for your can:

drat now I'm imagining a vending machine for 20oz BBQ sauce bottles you drink.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hey there's a tiny pouch of pulled pork in there!

That’s a $10 upgrade

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

Buy the giant can of Rico Nacho cheese and use all the cheese but also use the can for your can:

drat now I'm imagining a vending machine for 20oz BBQ sauce bottles you drink.

I do have a can of this in my pantry, and now I'm mad at myself because I didn't buy tortilla chips this week

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
(has sound)
https://i.imgur.com/J43AthB.mp4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Todos saúdem a Rainha da Cozinha!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh poo poo that is the lady that made that frightening burger pizza abomination earlier.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I never understand that trend of making burgers that you can't stuff into your mouth without tools.

Notice something about this "Ham and Champignons in Aspik" that I had for dinner?

That's right, no Champignons anywhere. Boo this brand.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What's the appeal of meat encased in gelatin? Is this out of some misplaced German guilt?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

By popular demand posted:

What's the appeal of meat encased in gelatin? Is this out of some misplaced German guilt?

it was a means of food preservation before refrigerators existed.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
First you free the bones from their meat prison, then you render the bones into gelatin, then you imprison the meat within the gelatin. Circle of life baby.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

It has a fairly unique texture that I am sometimes in the mood for.
And if done right it has a nice subtle sour taste like good salad dressing. Ham in aspik gives you a similar flavour combo as ham slices with sour pickled cucumber slices.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Aspic is so unsettling to me. It's like the food is trapped in some sort of Star Trek energy prism.

Release the meat from its prison!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Gelatin's a fancy thing you can do all sorts of weird stuff with, and also it's sort of meat as well, so why not put the other animal stuff in.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I would be so loving pissed if I spent $100 on mail nachos and the containers leaked.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

[suspicious straining and splashing noises] Dinner's ready

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Don't they know that Rinderrouladen are about the sauce? How can they serve such a dry version.
Still makes me really hungry for my mom's rinderrouladen, they are just too annoying to make if you are just cooking for yourself.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Captain Hygiene posted:

[suspicious straining and splashing noises] Dinner's ready

This stuff, if made right, is loving delicious.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Aspic disgusts me, and yet I really want to try the jellied eels. I want to eat all the British food with inexplicable names.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao, pretty close, all things considered.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Halloween Jack posted:

Aspic disgusts me, and yet I really want to try the jellied eels. I want to eat all the British food with inexplicable names.

Two men enjoy jellied eels in a Whitechapel street on a Sunday morning.

This could be you!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

eels are a specifically london thing, because the godless southern devils fish the spawn of the devil from the stygian river and eat them, as is their accursed way.

up here we eat cold congealed pea slurry, as the lord intended

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have it on good authority that you people also put gravy on literally everything for every meal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that a UK stereotype? The only thing you put gravy on is, like, stuff that should have gravy on. Like a roast dinner, or I guess any of the variations of mashed potato + something + gravy; sausages, liver, colcannon i guess if you want to do more crimes against the irish.

Oh and I guess it's an option at the chippy but the canadians do that as well, and I don't think anyone round here would put gravy on cheese.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 01:00 on Nov 15, 2022

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

OwlFancier posted:

Oh and I guess it's an option at the chippy but the canadians do that as well, and I don't think anyone round here would put gravy on cheese.

U wot m8? Speak for yourself, cheesy chips and gravy is a fine delicacy as a student at 3am when shitfaced and staggering back from the club or pub

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Halloween Jack posted:

There's nothing inexplicable about the name "jellied eels". It's perfectly literal.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

OwlFancier posted:

eels are a specifically london thing, because the godless southern devils fish the spawn of the devil from the stygian river and eat them, as is their accursed way.

up here we eat cold congealed pea slurry, as the lord intended
Why is a pie ever called a kebab?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've just heard that Northerners (any one living in former Danelaw areas):
-Put gravy on everything
-Never wear a coat
-Speak to strangers while sober

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've just heard that Northerners (any one living in former Danelaw areas):
-Put gravy on everything
-Never wear a coat
-Speak to strangers while sober

Accurate

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Eels are great so the jellied is the questionable part.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Are the eels in question the same or different than like, unagi eels

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
choose your weapon!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

uber_stoat posted:

Todos saúdem a Rainha da Cozinha!

Ah, this is it, the thing that grosses me out today.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Not only do they put gravy on everything at dinner, but they also cover all their desserts in custard, which as we all know is just a sweet cold gravy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

tonight we dine in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Whooping Crabs posted:

tonight we dine in hell
we have such delights to serve you