Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Sakurazuka posted:

It fine until it expects you to grind for hours or get extremely lucky in the boss fights.

I got a lot of podcasts to catch up on

Seriously though, the game has been a cakewalk up to this point, so does the game just jack up the numbers out of the blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Crowetron posted:

Barudak also thought Disco Elysium was about solving a murder as quickly and professionally as possible, so I think you guys are asking a lot of him.

Like I said, his gimmick is misreading things and only liking bad things. Like the base p5 content over the Royal additions

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

inthesto posted:

I got a lot of podcasts to catch up on

Seriously though, the game has been a cakewalk up to this point, so does the game just jack up the numbers out of the blue?

Well that or I was extremely bad at the game lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Crowetron posted:

Barudak also thought Disco Elysium was about solving a murder as quickly and professionally as possible, so I think you guys are asking a lot of him.

oh god i forgot about this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im glad i have normal opinons about rpgs like "needs more lesbians" and "building characters to be speedy is fun"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Won't be long now before we reach the 'Who put all this anime in these JRPGs' point

Snooze Cruise posted:

im glad i have normal opinons about rpgs like "needs more lesbians" and "building characters to be speedy is fun"

You should check out Samurai Maiden

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

RareAcumen posted:

You should check out Samurai Maiden

noted

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think it's actually the opposite problem if I go purely off what I saw of my wife's playthrough in Royal. She felt so pressured to do the Royal stuff that she ended up missing slinks on the side somehow despite everyone telling her she'd have more than enough time to max everyone easily.

Didn't seem like that she cared though, she was definitely team "why can't I romance Yusuke what the gently caress!" by the end and went through all that effort only to quit at the start of the Royal content lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the fortune teller s. link is such a massive boon to how much time you need to spend on things that not knowing to beeline for that one is the real killer, tbh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was probably my issue, I mostly ignored her until late in the game because obviously it was better to get the characters I used in fights up first...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least in vanilla p5 she takes maxing out everyone from hard to do to something you can do with months to spare

Prowler
May 24, 2004

This is the first time I'm playing through either version of the game, going into it blind and without a guide (except how to fuse certain monsters), knowing nothing about what Royal added other than Kasumi, and I definitely wish there are a few things I would have rushed to obtain first/organized my time a bit better in the beginning, having just finished the fourth palace (e.g. certain books and link/connection upgrades); my time during the summer is currently spent on leveling up every single link and doing virtually nothing else...

Hopefully it'll be enough.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Good, summer is for hanging out (I guess you could also rent movies and games all summer…)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am having a brain worm moment right now, I am so sorry in advance, but how do your fast travel in Star Ocean Divine Force?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I said come in! posted:

I am having a brain worm moment right now, I am so sorry in advance, but how do your fast travel in Star Ocean Divine Force?

Open the map, hit R2 again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super Lesbian Animal RPG looks neat and sounds like a game I made up

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

p5 royal spams you with messages from Maruki to hang out and stresses several times that "oh no he's leaving in November" to nudge you into finishing it.

a thing I wish the game would be nicer about is telling you which social links don't care about friendship or having a relevant persona. It didn't seem obvious with The Sun in my first playthrough at least (was sort of obvious with Moon)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Moon obliquely tells you since you don't get the prompt that you will further your bond due to aligned personas. Not that its direct enough because I still double checked online whether that was true. Its also a not very interesting mechanic and should be excised.

Im kind of stunned how much money you can have in P5R versus the cost of summoning monsters so the end of the game was me murdering Satans to wear their skin. The final boss Final Phase was amusing because it was dealing like half health to my MC and couldn't outright kill any character while in the two turns your allowed to pretend to fight it I dealt enough damage to make the health bar noticeably tick down. I one turned his 3rd phase

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Yeah money in P5R becomes largely pointless after the second (maybe third?) palace. I played P4G a few months after finishing P5R and was kind of shocked at how absolutely broke I was throughout the entire game, so much so that I was relying on golden chests for armor since I spent all my money on weapon upgrades.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crowetron posted:

Don't forget he habitually skips cutscenes in games too.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I haven't played Royal yet, but P4 Golden does kinda bank on players being repeat customers who have done almost everything in the base game going hard on the new content.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay, didn't know that Xeno2 is that kind of anime, with sweatdrops and a free Riki past the first chapter.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Crowetron posted:

it's called doing your job, i'd have been in and out of that dump and back into the embrace of Moralism in no time

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay, didn't know that Xeno2 is that kind of anime, with sweatdrops and a free Riki past the first chapter.
poor riki geez

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rascyc posted:

poor riki geez
yeah riki was miles better than that, huge slam on him

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
riki >> manana > riku >>>>>>>>>> tatsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> taro

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
tora sucks but poppi rules so overall you still come out a little bit ahead

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Imho they could have just made Tora a nerdy kid instead of a nerd otaku who made a robot at least partly for weird otaku reasons and still have included Poppi, like I’m entirely willing to regret my words and deeds if I’m wrong and context from the full game shows he was actually a weirdo stereotypical otaku for a good reason but I kinda doubt it.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Tora is the worst party member in 2, but Tatsu is the worst character in the whole series.

Tatsu contributes absolutely nothing to the story & is a one-note painfully unfunny character.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Imho they could have just made Tora a nerdy kid instead of a nerd otaku who made a robot at least partly for weird otaku reasons and still have included Poppi, like I’m entirely willing to regret my words and deeds if I’m wrong and context from the full game shows he was actually a weirdo stereotypical otaku for a good reason but I kinda doubt it.

he has a reason but the reason makes it worse

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Palmtree Panic posted:

Tora is the worst party member in 2, but Tatsu is the worst character in the whole series.

Tatsu contributes absolutely nothing to the story & is a one-note painfully unfunny character.

You sound like you should eat a Tatsu burger, you're clearly hangry.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rascyc posted:

riki >> manana > riku >>>>>>>>>> tatsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> taro

where do Kino and Nene fit on this scale

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tora's fine

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

he is a nerdy kid. I think they remark at least once in the game that he's younger than Rex is, he just looks older.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he isnt really meant to look older, even, he's just, yknow, a furball.

its pretty clear just from his dialog and how hes written that hes meant to be like, 14-15. the bit where poppi calls him master isnt some depraved sex thing its just a joke about how he saw a maid in whatever the xenoblade equivalent of an anime is once.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he looks older by nopon standards because they mainly define age by size and tora is a big boy

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So long as we all agree that Riki is the best.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Heropon very cool

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Overbite posted:

So long as we all agree that Riki is the best.

Best dad, too. Well, except there is kinda a critical shortage of dads in the setting, isn't there? Or really a lot of the genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are enough dad games in the world now.