Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I hope you're ready for some epic Polandball memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

always.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

everyone is so thirsty lmao

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

speng31b posted:

new UN human rights office statement on findings about torture and treatment of prisoners by both russia and ukraine:

https://ukraine.un.org/en/207332-more-8-months-russias-armed-attack-ukraine-and-ensuing-escalation-hostilities-un-reports

needless to say, there's some pretty graphic descriptions of torture in here, so warning for that. both russia and ukraine are torturing people brutally, and there are credible reports of both torture leading to death (by the Russians) and summary executions of prisoners (by the Ukrainians).

nice disinformatiziya, bitch. the Heroes of Azov would never do anything like that

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It would be something if it was a message wouldn’t it.

By message, I mean for the grain people of Zablon 5.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Nov 15, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

god drat nafos are stupid. grain elevator explodes in the middle of nowhere and its a missile and nuclear war time lmao

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

speng31b posted:

https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/status/1592581319758053376

lol the replies are so psychotic. screaming for article 5. hell yeah!

russia is altering the grain deal, pray they do not alter it further

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
https://twitter.com/zoltanspox/status/1592591533357703170

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ardennes posted:

I mean I guess I could see it but it would be pretty much driving most of the population out of the country and creating such a circumstance that the AFU’s ability to fight would be diminished etc. It couldn’t happen over night.

I long suspected the ultimate deciding factor from the beginning would be attempt to “break” the will of the Ukrainian population but I don’t think that is close to happening, such an undertaking would likely result in the total destruction of the country.

Honestly no idea. I certainly thought it pretty likely that Ukraine would run out of offensive capabilities before the Russians run out of shells, but even then you don't automatically end up with a settlement in Russia's favor.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I mean maybe it was a stray missile that just wouldn't suddenly invoke article 5 the NAFO accounts just exist to try and to vaporize us all.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
poland could invoke article 5 all they want, nobodys going to war over a grain silo they'll just deploy patriots or some poo poo

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Begun, the grain wars have

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Poland blew up their own grain silo to show they could blow up other grain silos.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I mean maybe it was a stray missile that just wouldn't suddenly invoke article 5 the NAFO accounts just exist to try and to vaporize us all.

it's technically possible that it was a russian missile, but it would be really weird if a stray missile landing in this area even happened to hit a structure and not just in the middle of an open field, which is the vast majority of the landscape. also it happens to hit an agricultural structure that is renowned for, um, exploding without any external help

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Also article 5 obligates assisting as necessary, not all out war.

Like if this was a stray missile and Article 5 invoked, the response could be helping with air defenses inside Poland.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

putin, speaking in an urkel voice with a russian accent: did i do that

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Germany is going to send helmets to poland.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Normally it sends the whole kit, soldier, gun, etc.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Germany is going to send helmets to poland.

Great more weird German shoes

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

genericnick posted:

Poland blew up their own grain silo to show they could blow up other grain silos.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Meanwhile Russians: I didn't hear about any silo being part of the grain deal.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol if Poland moves into Western Ukraine.

It seems likely-to-certain this is all ginned up as Poland was looking for a pretext to get involved and the Russian strikes were on Ukrainian cities anyways, not the borders with Poland or anything in the area.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

my old boss would put up swastikas for diwali and i was like drat... respect lol. it really pissed off one german guy

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

It seems likely-to-certain this is all ginned up as Poland was looking for a pretext to get involved and the Russian strikes were on Ukrainian cities anyways, not the borders with Poland or anything in the area.

There is currently some discussion about a new European air defense thingie :shrug:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Frosted Flake posted:

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth shall rise again

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hard to believe NATO would just invoke article 5 on somebody that had nothing to do with what happened

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol god damnit that al saqr wasn't awake for this

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Doing the Google maps math, kind of looks like Przewodów is at least 5 miles from the polish/Ukrainian border, and uh I guess about 50 miles, eyeballing it, north of Lviv, Ukraine, which I presume is their target? There are some smaller (sub 10k pop) towns that look like they might have a gas station and pizza place but not real cities nearby

Nothing the Russians have been up to is convincing me that they would have much of a fighting chance in an actual war at this point

Missing a major city by 50 miles with a precision missile is kind of :downsgun:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I too blame all of my exploding grain elevators on perfidious asiatics.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/faststocknewss/status/1592584996182970368
https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1592596273361784834?s=20&t=cscjOnNvsNp-khnrItn_xQ

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AP is reporting the missile claim originates from anonymous "senior U.S. intelligence official."

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-zelenskyy-kherson-9202c032cf3a5c22761ee71b52ff9d52?taid=6373e1a578439d000178fba

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

genericnick posted:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick posted:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

what seems to be happening here:

- grain dust exploded in the middle of nowhere
- polish officials claim on the condition of anonymity that they know the russian missiles did it because US intelligence told them so
- US refuses to confirm when asked directly

big brained stuff indeed

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
RT editor allegedly Not Helping.

https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/1592594908535468034?s=46&t=6HOI2zj7vipZ1n9Y65dCWA

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol that ap news article having pics of huge extension trees

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

genericnick posted:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Extremely goon voice (not my voice) no need for the security council to meet weve already figured it out sometimes grain silos blow up

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

9 months into a bordering country being at war you'd think you would already have some idea of what to do if poo poo like this happens, since it's not even the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

Doing the Google maps math, kind of looks like Przewodów is at least 5 miles from the polish/Ukrainian border, and uh I guess about 50 miles, eyeballing it, north of Lviv, Ukraine, which I presume is their target? There are some smaller (sub 10k pop) towns that look like they might have a gas station and pizza place but not real cities nearby

Nothing the Russians have been up to is convincing me that they would have much of a fighting chance in an actual war at this point

Missing a major city by 50 miles with a precision missile is kind of :downsgun:

i thought we weren't supposed to do syq anymore???