Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

stev posted:

Make it zero and we'll talk.

I don't know, i kind of ironically like them. They are ugly and i wont spend gold or cash on them but the few I've gotten from season pass or leveling up I've slapped in the decks.

I usually use the most garish and ugly aesthetics in multiplayer games though because it makes me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They should have whoever did Lady Sif's pixels redo everyone else's pixels.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Bread Set Jettison posted:

My god this game need a mulligan option but also the rounds are so short so I guess whatever

I think they intentionally avoided the mulligan so you can get right to it. I personally haven't really missed it.

Edit: pixel cards suck but an all pixel deck would be art.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This game needs more locations that arent space throne, bar with no name, sanctum, and kiyan.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

Five months of playing ten minutes a day is absolutely nothing for a full collection. Idk what the long-term angle is because this is just too good.

Yeah lmao after playing Hearthstone for years and never having more than like a quarter of the possible legendaries and epics. Remember buying a $50 set of packs for a new season and getting 3 legendaries, none of which were viable.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

They should have whoever did Lady Sif's pixels redo everyone else's pixels.

Not really. Jessica Jones has a great pixel variant that nobody uses because she also has the two Michael Gaydos variants. There's also a non-zero chance of them adding Jewel and Captain America variants, which would also be better.

I've opened pixels for Klaw, Yondu and White Tiger and they're also good.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah lmao after playing Hearthstone for years and never having more than like a quarter of the possible legendaries and epics. Remember buying a $50 set of packs for a new season and getting 3 legendaries, none of which were viable.

Well alternatively you could have paid by playing a ton and got like 70% (this guess could be way off). Lol. Well Arena was an option but I didn't like Arena.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 15, 2022

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

My god this game need a mulligan option but also the rounds are so short so I guess whatever

Xguard86 posted:

I think they intentionally avoided the mulligan so you can get right to it. I personally haven't really missed it.

I recall reading this as well, initial stakes are low so if round 1 messes you up THAT much, lose the cube and go again, is kind of what they're thinking. Smaller deck sizes and everything being one-of reduces the need for a mulligan too, it'd slow the game down more than improve it IMO

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Xguard86 posted:

Exactly what I was thinking!

Duck and Cover posted:

Well alternatively you could have paid by playing a ton and got like 70% (this guess could be way off). Lol. Well Arena was an option but I didn't like Arena.

Just a quick check and a full collection of a Hearthstone expansion is about 300 to 350 bucks. There's 3 expansions per year.

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/how-much-does-a-full-hearthstone-expansion-cost-in-your-time-or-money/

I thought it would be more honestly.

According to that article, it's also physically impossible to have a complete collection with F2P. You'd have to play literally every waking hour and even then you'd be 80 bucks short.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I just unlocked destroyer at CL 742 and went to build my own deck but this might be too many different things? I'm looking for some advice because I'm at rank 82 and don't want to free fall while trying something new

Hood
Nova
Zero
Bucky Barnes
Carnage
Armor
Colossus
Cosmo
Killmonger
Warpath
Red skull
Destroyer

Or do I just stick with the largely pool 2 ongoing destroyer deck?

Ant-Man
Armor
Colossus
Lizard
Mister fantastic
Captain america
Cosmo
Warpath
Iron man
Professor x
Spectrum
Destroyer

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

uXs posted:

Exactly what I was thinking!

Just a quick check and a full collection of a Hearthstone expansion is about 300 to 350 bucks. There's 3 expansions per year.

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/how-much-does-a-full-hearthstone-expansion-cost-in-your-time-or-money/

I thought it would be more honestly.

According to that article, it's also physically impossible to have a complete collection with F2P. You'd have to play literally every waking hour and even then you'd be 80 bucks short.

quote:

Hearthstone logo.png Patch 1.0.0.4217 (Closed beta, 2013-12-10): The amount of gold gained by winning games in Play mode per day is now capped at 100. This cap does not affect gold gained through Quests, Arena, or Achievements. There will now be an indication within the game when this gold cap is reached. This cap is intended to combat certain methods of gold acquisition that violate our Terms of Service. The spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, and we will continue to monitor gold acquisition activity closely to ensure a fun and enjoyable game environment for everyone.

Sure thing. Yep fair play is the issue you just want people to play fairly!

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
Do y'all know if the pool 2 unlocks are predetermined? I got Killmonger followed by Shang-Chi as my first unlocks, and was wondering if it wasn't coincidental.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

AloePieceOfShit posted:

Do y'all know if the pool 2 unlocks are predetermined? I got Killmonger followed by Shang-Chi as my first unlocks, and was wondering if it wasn't coincidental.

As far as we know it's completely random.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AloePieceOfShit posted:

From what I can tell looking at other peoples' unlocks it's random. Those are the only pool 2 cards I used before hitting pool 3 btw.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Squiggly posted:

I just unlocked destroyer at CL 742 and went to build my own deck but this might be too many different things? I'm looking for some advice because I'm at rank 82 and don't want to free fall while trying something new

Hood
Nova
Zero
Bucky Barnes
Carnage
Armor
Colossus
Cosmo
Killmonger
Warpath
Red skull
Destroyer

Or do I just stick with the largely pool 2 ongoing destroyer deck?

Ant-Man
Armor
Colossus
Lizard
Mister fantastic
Captain america
Cosmo
Warpath
Iron man
Professor x
Spectrum
Destroyer

Like another goon mentioned previous page, Destroyer early plus Warpath seems like a really good finishing move. I got Wave right before Destroyer from pool 3, so I've been playing her on t3 -> Destroyer -> Warpath -> lower level cards to pad those two (when I can). Psylocke and Jubilee can get him out early, too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh no that was in addition to playing a ton, lol

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

goferchan posted:

You're really annoying

Yes, and if only blocking someone also prevented me from seeing when someone quotes them, alas.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Just got to level 41, collector 232 and need some advice on my MOVE deck. I've gotten too attached to some of these cards.

# (1) Iron Fist - to duplicate Multiple Man
# (1) Nightcrawler - great way to move into spots that can't be played
# (1) Uatu - has won me a few games by being able to see where to play early
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Mister Sinister - great for capturing spots you have to fill up first
# (2) Carnage - great for clearing space taken up by smaller cards and rocks and raptors
# (3) Doctor Strange - for duplicating Multiple Man
# (3) Hulkbuster - for leveling up Multiple Man
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Iron Man
# (6) Heimdall
# (6) Hulk - SMASH

Maybe I should use Kraven instead of Mister Sinister or Carnage? But they are both pretty handy.
Chavez instead of Hulk? I've won so many games by slapping down 12 points on a location they thought was locked up.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Warpath is tall and he’s my friend. :3:

I’m excited for Destroyer when I get the unlock. One of my favorite things in Snap is dropping big chonky boys like Infinaut. Destroyer has less chonk, but more boom and boom is good.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

BGrifter posted:

Warpath is tall and he’s my friend. :3:

I’m excited for Destroyer when I get the unlock. One of my favorite things in Snap is dropping big chonky boys like Infinaut. Destroyer has less chonk, but more boom and boom is good.

I just got Destroyer and can confirm: the deck is fun as hell

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Hard to say what surprises me more about this

That Brode commissioned a Zybourne Clock Hawkeye.

Or that it is a wildly popular portrait.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Donnerberg posted:

Hard to say what surprises me more about this

That Brode commissioned a Zybourne Clock Hawkeye.

Or that it is a wildly popular portrait.

Everyone got it for free so that probably helps

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The starter avatars kinda suck. They're all yelling or serious besides that one and maybe aero. Out of the stock arts I'd like to use ebony maw the most.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Fair enough. I'd probably use it over the empty portrait if I had it too.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
I will say at CL 690 now, rolling into pool 3 that the game isn't as enjoyable as it was going through the first two pools of cards. Feels very hit and miss with the randomness with the cards you get and choosing between playing a good pool 2 deck or making the slim pool 3 cards you get work.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Red Rox posted:

Just got to level 41, collector 232 and need some advice on my MOVE deck. I've gotten too attached to some of these cards.

# (1) Iron Fist - to duplicate Multiple Man
# (1) Nightcrawler - great way to move into spots that can't be played
# (1) Uatu - has won me a few games by being able to see where to play early
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Mister Sinister - great for capturing spots you have to fill up first
# (2) Carnage - great for clearing space taken up by smaller cards and rocks and raptors
# (3) Doctor Strange - for duplicating Multiple Man
# (3) Hulkbuster - for leveling up Multiple Man
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Iron Man
# (6) Heimdall
# (6) Hulk - SMASH

Maybe I should use Kraven instead of Mister Sinister or Carnage? But they are both pretty handy.
Chavez instead of Hulk? I've won so many games by slapping down 12 points on a location they thought was locked up.

Carnage is the obvious first to go, he does nothing for your deck. Uatu is second to go as he also has no synergy. Third is probably Hulk. I would add Kraven, obviously, he will get stronger from all the movement. Second add is probably storm so you can shut down locations and move guys in and out. Third is a tech, probably Shang-Chi, so you can beat big Dino plays.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Base Medusa or M’baku portraits have the strategic advantage of making you look like a bot. I might switch to Shang-Chi portrait soon to try and psych out opponents even though I don’t play Shang-Chi in my deck.

The portrait meta is evolving fast!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

WarEternal posted:

Yes, and if only blocking someone also prevented me from seeing when someone quotes them, alas.

Lol.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So FYI Warrior Falls is a full on last card standing, if you play two cards there they'll fight each other.

Also what's the deal with M'baku, someone mentioned the avatar and I guess I never really thought about it before, is he in the game? I've never seen him but a search shows there is a card

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 16, 2022

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

No Wave posted:

The starter avatars kinda suck. They're all yelling or serious besides that one and maybe aero. Out of the stock arts I'd like to use ebony maw the most.

I use Colussus as my avatar because he looks like he's either expending a lot of effort to be poopin' all over my opponent or be poopin' all over he self

And that's basically my gameplan.

SYNERGY

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Opopanax posted:

So FYI Warrior Falls is a full on last card standing, if you play two cards there they'll fight each other.

Also what's the deal with M'baku, someone mentioned the avatar and I guess I never really thought about it before, is he in the game? I've never seen him but a search shows there is a card

It's unreleased but it's been datamined. There are almost 70 cards we've seen that are currently unreleased, but there's no guarantee they'll all make it in.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
My first pool 3 cards being quake, wasp and goose when I'm facing decks with Doctor Doom and Sera has kinda killed my enthusiasm to be playing. Pool 1 & 2 felt really good when I was on an even footing.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Opopanax posted:

I learned this the hard way. I had a big brain move on the last play of my new kazoo deck and absolutely had the location (my 20+ to their single full jessica jones) and ended up losing the location (and match) 8 to 7 because all my cards hosed each other up.

I did have a couple amazing moves with Bar Sinister tonight tho.

Klaw on there is honestly a no brainer play. Automatic 24 on the location to the right and combined with Spectrum it was the solid play. Their play of Okoye on there was also pretty good to pump their deck 4x but you're just giving it up at that point so you better hope what you're stabbing can get you 2.

This dude snapped immediately and when he dropped the Uatu I figured he already spotted Limbo which fine. I think maybe he was hoping punching Vulture into Bar might dupe it but when it didn't he dropped Spiderwoman which isn't a bad play but this one I was already deciding to play the other 2. He got very mad when I filled up my location before he could play Hobgoblin and retreated before T7.

Though speaking of Bar and Hobgoblin, I did see a really good play of someone dropping Hobgoblin on Bar and giving a max 36 point hole for someone to try and climb out of.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Jack B Nimble posted:

Gamora punches above her weight relative to the other guardians because it's more obvious where cards are going on turn five or six.

I'm still playing my OOPS! ALL STATS! deck and this wisdom keeps prevailing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is there a good destruction deck build with Death? I found that discards don’t count with her, sigh. Don’t have many pool 3 yet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

priznat posted:

Is there a good destruction deck build with Death? I found that discards don’t count with her, sigh. Don’t have many pool 3 yet.

Discards don't, but Yondu does.

Apart from that, just build a normal Destroy deck and put Death in it. Add Squirrel Girl for Killmonger tally and Moon Girl for double Death if you don't have Venom, but it's better with Venom.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Just hit pool 3 and for my freebie card I pulled... Yellowjacket. Seems like a complete dead card, doesn't even synergize with patriot like wasp does.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Victor Vermis posted:

Now.

What are you gonna do?

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (2) Angela
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Odin

So Odin is just to get the guardians' battlecry + Iron Heart?

Also, why Star-Lord over Medusa (given the difficulty of reads with Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon etc?)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Vulpes posted:

Just hit pool 3 and for my freebie card I pulled... Yellowjacket. Seems like a complete dead card, doesn't even synergize with patriot like wasp does.

I'm fairly sure that Yellowjacket only exists to reduce Wasp's power to 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Vulpes posted:

There are ways to get rid of ongoing (enchantress, zero, one of the locations) in which case he’s free power.

I think the main synergy though is with a Luke Cage debuff deck where you have cards like Hazmat, Typhoid Mary, Yellowjacket and use Luke Cage to neutralise the debuffs for your side. Maybe go with Scorpion and Shadow King and try and kill half your opponent’s cards?

Just theorising as I’m not at the point where I have most of these cards (Just Yellowjacket from pool 3)