Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think he’s been poorly advised on this topic. What’s even the best case scenario for him here? United management isn’t gonna change, and no other club can afford him or want him. Seems like at best his contract gets terminated and he joins Sporting or Monaco or something at a much lower wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Wouldn't mind finally seeing him face off against Jozy in MLS, but I'm not sure if goals in the CONCACAF champion's league are what he's after.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That boy ain't right. He needs therapy.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Vegetable posted:

I think he’s been poorly advised on this topic. What’s even the best case scenario for him here? United management isn’t gonna change, and no other club can afford him or want him. Seems like at best his contract gets terminated and he joins Sporting or Monaco or something at a much lower wage.

Getting his contract terminated is probably the goal. At this point he goes to Sporting if they will take him, since it would be good PR to appear humble and willing to return to the club where it all started, even if they aren’t a CL team in a one of the big leagues. The other option is go to the Middle East, make tons of money, start a few businesses and get ready for life as a tycoon when he retires.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

also brighton's spot on the table seeing as they're level on points lol

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

TyrantWD posted:

Getting his contract terminated is probably the goal. At this point he goes to Sporting if they will take him, since it would be good PR to appear humble and willing to return to the club where it all started, even if they aren’t a CL team in a one of the big leagues. The other option is go to the Middle East, make tons of money, start a few businesses and get ready for life as a tycoon when he retires.

Getting kicked out of the club is 100% the goal. Assuming that all he wants to do is score goals, he surely understands that blasting the coach, the team, and the entire club hierarchy isn't going to get him more game time. Given that nobody was willing to pay for him in the summer, he needs to force himself out of the club where he can take a modest pay cut, sign for a club in a farmers league and keep racking up the goals until he can go out "on top" and on his own terms.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Xabi posted:

That boy ain't right. He needs therapy.

No one got this but me.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Vegetable posted:

monaco already has a good goalscorer. there's only sporting left really

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
He'll wash up at an MLS franchise aiming to rack up goals and boost his profile with American audiences so he can cash in on lovely endorsements for the rest of his life

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

T Bowl posted:

No one got this but me.

offensive

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

webmeister posted:

He'll wash up at an MLS franchise aiming to rack up goals and boost his profile with American audiences so he can cash in on lovely endorsements for the rest of his life

This seems more likely than the Middle East, especially now his legal issues (rightly or wrongly) are closed there, I believe. Ronald is tailor made for a New York club or Miami.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

webmeister posted:

Getting kicked out of the club is 100% the goal. Assuming that all he wants to do is score goals, he surely understands that blasting the coach, the team, and the entire club hierarchy isn't going to get him more game time. Given that nobody was willing to pay for him in the summer, he needs to force himself out of the club where he can take a modest pay cut, sign for a club in a farmers league and keep racking up the goals until he can go out "on top" and on his own terms.

I'd rather United pay him and force him to rot in the reserves until his contract expires but he's proven to be a dressing room cancer and I don't think anyone at the club would want that around the youth/reserve teams.

Mason Greenwood is still under contract with the club and not allowed on/at club facilities, maybe they could do something like that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

And y’all wondered why Arteta and Edu got the dead wood out of their contracts when they did. Paying somebody like Aubameyang to go away sucks, having them stay around is even worse.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

harperdc posted:

This seems more likely than the Middle East, especially now his legal issues (rightly or wrongly) are closed there, I believe. Ronald is tailor made for a New York club or Miami.

LA Galaxy so he can do the Lebron James thing and get in on Hollywood money.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

vyelkin posted:

LA Galaxy so he can do the Lebron James thing and get in on Hollywood money.

CR9 Productions presents Kevin Spacey in…

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

CR9 Productions presents Kevin Spacey in…

Wow, this is One True Ronaldo erasure.

R9 - Fat and Lovable

CR7 - The C stands for oval office

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Would go and see the space jam remake where Ron joins the aliens instantly because they share his ambitions

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FAspokesperson/status/1592933150707310592

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Should've still gone to the WC

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

Should've still gone to the WC

For sure there's no bookies over there

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

For sure there's no bookies over there

I open up my wallet and it's full of stubs

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Can you say, please, 232 times?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Can you say, please, 232 times?

An impressive 58 John Terrys.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That is a lot of betting

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’s just a very self-motivated dude who bet on himself scoring every game.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Oh, what a horrible thing for a professional athlete to do! Where would he even get the idea?
<Sees Brentford kit sponsor>
... Nevertheless!...

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/16/ronaldo-bombshell-has-shocked-manchester-united-admits-varane

“They don’t care – some ones, yes, but most of them no,” he added. “But for me that is not surprising because they are not going to have longevity in their careers. It is impossible. In my generation you see many players reach 36, 37, 38 at a high level and I think this generation you will count on one hand how many will reach that level.”

Interesting comment, why would he think that? Players get run into the ground more, different drugs, or is he just talking crap?

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Maybe just more money being made so that players in the main will be able to comfortably retire earlier rather than chasing ever smaller paycheques and not having to rehab chronic injuries etc in their late thirties?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

these drat kids only care about tiktok and vaping

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Either it's a total dig at specific teammates (Sancho? Rashford? Martial?) or it's just an unironic "bloody kids these days I tell ya what" like a Portuguese version of the Four Yorkshiremen sketch

Possibly both

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

mila kunis posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/16/ronaldo-bombshell-has-shocked-manchester-united-admits-varane

“They don’t care – some ones, yes, but most of them no,” he added. “But for me that is not surprising because they are not going to have longevity in their careers. It is impossible. In my generation you see many players reach 36, 37, 38 at a high level and I think this generation you will count on one hand how many will reach that level.”

Interesting comment, why would he think that? Players get run into the ground more, different drugs, or is he just talking crap?

He had a big cry that the younger players aren't gathering around him to "ooo" and "aaaa" at his pecs and abs so it's probably that.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

mila kunis posted:

This is a bit rich coming from a 37 year old who stank up the pitch last year and can't get on it this year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

outside of zlatan and modric how many outfield players are still right at the top of the game over 36?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

This is a bit rich coming from a 37 year old who stank up the pitch last year and can't get on it this year

He scored 24 goals last season, 18 in the league.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

A lot of those came in clusters/earlier in the season though. There was one stage he scored 1 in 10 and the team as a whole scored about 20 fewer than the season before.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

And the total output of the team dropped like a rock because literally everyone was killing themselves trying to make Ronald shine

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

jesus WEP posted:

outside of zlatan and modric how many outfield players are still right at the top of the game over 36?

Milner.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Have you watched Liverpool this season?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

A lot of those came in clusters/earlier in the season though.

While he was dragging United through the Champions League and keeping Ole in the job tbf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ah yes, Liverpool's 3rd choice right back whose legs are gone.