Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Forensic Nightmare can drop from the weekly Preservation mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Also lost sectors, public events etc. in the Throne world.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The desire sensor must have been malfunctioning because I got 2 from the 2nd altar, one of which was red. Thanks all!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Forensic Nightmare, Pointed Inquiry, Likely Suspect, Red Herring, and Empirical Evidence can drop from any activity or engram in the Throne World that isn’t locked into dropping something else

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Red Crown posted:

I think I get solar titan. I throw my hammer at mans, it bounces back to me, I throw my hammer again. I'm trying to figure out arc titan, especially grenades. They feel too scarce to use, and I feel like I can just take extra time to shoot the things instead. What am I missing?

Solar titan is god mode. Arc titan is uh a missed opportunity. It's okay but just go back to solar titan or if you're really keen on arc change classes.

Void I have no strong feelings on. Good all rounder I guess?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I played some IB last night...I still wonder when I power punch someone it does 1/4 to 1/2 shield damage but they punch me back and I die? Like HoIL x2 melee...1/2 shield damage... Otherwise pvp as usual, stomp or get stomped, just try to shoot mans as best as possible. I've learned that not dying is just as good as getting kills.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is there an easier way to get Forensic Nightmare to drop? I need one more for the Gumshoe seal, but I've never seen it drop from wellspring.

I tried to farm this from HVT chests in the throne world for like a full day. DON'T DO THIS

Instead, do Altars of Reflection (on your map in the Throne World). It drops there with some regularity.

edit: I see I'm late to this, but in case anyone thinks they can get it from HVT chests or public events, they are incorrect. I tried for hours with no drop and then got it almost immediately when I did an altar.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Are you still able to get the bits needed to upgrade the seasonal artifacts for the war table and creepy basement elephant skull thing in the helm? I have too many umberal things and not enough plundery things but can’t seem to find out where to get those or if they took them out at the season changes.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Basic Poster posted:

Are you still able to get the bits needed to upgrade the seasonal artifacts for the war table and creepy basement elephant skull thing in the helm? I have too many umberal things and not enough plundery things but can’t seem to find out where to get those or if they took them out at the season changes.

They are tied to seasonal challenges. Look at the "past challenges" tab. I believe they should still be possible to complete.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
You can definitely still focus for Risen and Haunted red frames, I bought a couple last week just cause I needed Doritos.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Hobnob posted:

They are tied to seasonal challenges. Look at the "past challenges" tab. I believe they should still be possible to complete.

Thank you friendo. Will do. Happy space Barbie.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Man, I've been using netlimter for years because I have poo poo internet. And now all of a sudden destiny 2 is all "Whoa buddy! You can't use that ya fuckin' cheater!"

Not really sure I wanna bother anymore since the last season was kinda meh. Well see if the old rural internet can handle D2 without crutches.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Lexorin posted:

Man, I've been using netlimter for years because I have poo poo internet. And now all of a sudden destiny 2 is all "Whoa buddy! You can't use that ya fuckin' cheater!"

Not really sure I wanna bother anymore since the last season was kinda meh. Well see if the old rural internet can handle D2 without crutches.

I’m rural too. It’s either literal DSL or Starlink which the latter kicks me off about 3 times a play session because lol of course it does.

There is fiber like 3/4 miles away and really thinking of dropping 3k and seeing if I can rent a roof spot and do an unlicensed microwave hop.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I have t-mobiles home internet that uses cell towers, but my house is nicely tucked behind a hill that perfectly obscures the only cell tower in range. So I have to use some pretty expensive antennas to get a useful connection but it's noisy as gently caress. On the other hand it works great for my neighbors who aren't blocked by the hill.

If I use netlimiter I can stay connected pretty reliably but I'm labelled a cheater. Or I can not use netlimiter and my connection is so bad it emulates someone using netlimiter to cheat. Thanks bungy

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Heads up for Leak Dislikers who spend time on youtube (and also Leak Enjoyers):

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The cutscene is Drifter calling someone "gay" as a pejorative and everyone wincing.

Also apparently the community event looks like it may reward Bright Dust and Eververse stuff, so that's a neat little bonus..

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

pansexual drifter calling bisexual mara sov a gender essentialist

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Roctavian posted:

pansexual drifter calling bisexual mara sov a gender essentialist

There’s only one way to dock a dreg

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/bungie/status/1593301405493780480?s=46&t=rAC2DFoJejHDgMN1YjeBMw

Crucible MegaTWAB. Also a lot of you are going to log in next Tuesday and discover that you suddenly have Scallywag done, the requirements got loving wrecked

ETA

:siren: WOLF HEAD SET IS BACK IN S19 :siren:

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 17, 2022

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

excited to see how PvP mains find a way to complain about this one

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I don't have anything to complain about but there's plenty to make fun of, e.g. how destiny pvp is like going to the gym or like going to a block party, and how there's going to be a ranking system with completely new terminology that still means nothing to me, the person who still googles what rank numbers "brave" and "mythic" correspond to after all these years of playing destiny

edit! almost forgot, italicizing the phrase "how good you really are"?

But I am genuinely excited for 3v3 asymmetrical map Rift, and scorpion turrets in iron banner

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Wow, a whole 3 more maps to be put into rotation (only one of them new) over the course of the Lightfall year. They sure are putting that Sony money to work.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Eliksni quarter event next week though.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

The virgin Destiny 2 PvP gamer: screeching and whining about the number of maps being too low and the age of consent being too high

The chad Destiny 2 community manager: following up the TWaB by publicly posting Dragon Age romance fanfic under her Christian name

https://twitter.com/dirtyeffinhippy/status/1593310634502156288?s=46&t=Vt-vKyfXVYG95JGh5A_Zzg

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

It's kinda hilarious to drop the requirements on Scallywag so drastically right at the end. The Ruffian thing sucked all season long. That number could've changed at any point. It's a good change but one that's so late that it barely matters.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

excited to see how PvP mains find a way to complain about this one
Watching True Vanguard's stream he was having a minor stroke about decay and adjustments to the ranked ladder. For people that look at the rewards/vendors being adjusted with the fundamental changes to the playlist, they said it was "not enough"

"We haven't had a significant PVP update in years, why aren't we getting x years worth of development on PVP?"

y'know, generic entitled whining.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Glorious title should show off your current division instead, really drive the streamers nuts trying to clout chase. Bonus points if the gilding number shows what % of players you're in.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Just hit the mailbox and Scallywag popped for me like three seconds later. It's nice but also pretty much kills any reason for me to play for the next two weeks. Destiny is a land of contrast.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

J33uk posted:

Just hit the mailbox and Scallywag popped for me like three seconds later. It's nice but also pretty much kills any reason for me to play for the next two weeks. Destiny is a land of contrast.

It'll depend on what the rewards for the captain's coins are for me.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Just realizing that I already have super good rolls of all of the crucible guns that are getting added to focusing, except for the hand cannon...in the season they are adding Rose...

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

The virgin Destiny 2 PvP gamer: screeching and whining about the number of maps being too low and the age of consent being too high

The chad Destiny 2 community manager: following up the TWaB by publicly posting Dragon Age romance fanfic under her Christian name

The gently caress is this post my guy

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Holy poo poo a real ladder rank system for pvp?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Has Cathedral of Dusk been in the game for Quickplay? I have not seen this map at all in D2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Listerine posted:

Has Cathedral of Dusk been in the game for Quickplay? I have not seen this map at all in D2

Yes, it comes up in Control with relatively low weighting

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

1 rose per week is cool but also lol that the main reward for higher divisions is more crucible rank points, so that Uber sweats can have 600 crucible engrams in the bank instead of 400

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
misread, never mind

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

1 rose per week is cool but also lol that the main reward for higher divisions is more crucible rank points, so that Uber sweats can have 600 crucible engrams in the bank instead of 400

tbf Uber sweats are probably far more interested in getting 100% perfect rolls of Crucible weapons than I am, but you’re right that this is broadly a little silly. (getting resets faster to unlock the ritual weapons and their ornaments will be nice for them though!)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm just glad they finally fixed the bug where you have to have a free engram spot for vendor reward granting to work

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
MIDA Multi-Tool catalyst is now a rare drop on any win in the Crucible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I'm not sure what the exact differences between iron banner and regular control but whatever they are I don't like it because it's making me realize I might actually suck at pvp in this game.