Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BadOptics posted:

I've had mine for like 7 years now. Just don't slam your keyboard and make sure to clean it + your hands??? I bought one of those Nickelodeon slime looking things that'll go in-between the keys to get stuff out and use disinfectant wipes on the keys themselves. Definitely helps as I have multiple cats and a dog (and kiddos though I don't really let them get near my stuff + they love their phones/Ipads more anyways).

Edit: My logitech mouse is the same - still strong after all these years.

I need one of these, my keyboard is proper goon filthy and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Arrath posted:

I need one of these, my keyboard is proper goon filthy and I hate it.

Literally one day I got tired of it and just got something off Amazon. Probably no more than $10; bright green color.

Shadow edit: $6 -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GW9TJ3G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually need to buy another one as I lost my last one. I'd also recommend not letting it sit out on your desk if it gets sunlight (I know this is doubtful in the context of this site's population, but just in case); I felt like it got a bit too gooey/less firm which makes it harder to pull away from your keyboard in one piece.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 10, 2022

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

BadOptics posted:

Literally one day I got tired of it and just got something off Amazon. Probably no more than $10; bright green color.

Shadow edit: $6 -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GW9TJ3G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually need to buy another one as I lost my last one. I'd also recommend not letting it sit out on your desk if it gets sunlight (I know this is doubtful in the context of this site's population, but just in case); I felt like it got a bit too gooey/less firm which makes it harder to pull away from your keyboard in one piece.

Neat!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BadOptics posted:

Thanks!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

If you play any sort of flight sim where dust/dirt will be very noticeable against a light background I recommend a good micro-fiber towel and some sort of monitor cleaner. I use some "screen mom" stuff (also found on Amazon) that might be "green", but it definitely does good work cleaning monitor screens.

Edit: Having to throw away working mice/keyboards - multiple times over my stint in Med Group IT - because some retired CPO had months/years of goop on them (let's not talk about his coffee cup) and were impossible to clean made me more conscious of my own equipment.

Edit 2: VVVVVVV Yeah, that stuff works too.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 10, 2022

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

BadOptics posted:

If you play any sort of flight sim where dust/dirt will be very noticeable against a light background I recommend a good micro-fiber towel and some sort of monitor cleaner. I use some "screen mom" stuff (also found on Amazon) that might be "green", but it definitely does good work cleaning monitor screens.

I use eyeglass cleaner and it works great.

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

We used this when I worked at the school library to clean the screens of the loaner chromebooks, works really well:

https://www.amazon.com/Bryson-Screen-Cleaner-Trigger-Microfiber/dp/B0047E8DN6

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Picked up Prey & it’s a lot of fun, I like sci-fi adventures and there is a lot to explore and combat is creepy. I think I like it more than Dishonored (from the same developer) as I don’t have patience for getting good at stealth.

I had the same experience. Dishonored never really clicked for me but I got Prey on a whim a few days ago and I'm really digging it so far. Feels a bit like Deus Ex merged with System Shock, not going to complain about that.

CabooseRvB
Aug 12, 2022

I miss Sheila :c
Being a Paradox nerd I have dumped 40+ hours already into Victoria 3. I am not ashamed.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m stuck in dyson sphere program again :cry:

Early game kills me a lot, pre-PLS/ILS. I’ve been trying to play with blueprints and smooth it out a bit, but that bogged me down even more. Ended up abandoning my starting planet because there was too much to delete and I wasn’t feeling patient enough to do it. I’m setting up a whole complex that should provide most of what I need to get to another star system, it’ll be a square thing with ILS at the corners that supply smelters running to a central ILS.

I figure setting up individual-item manufacturing with a dedicated line and ILS is probably more efficient, but I wanted something mid-game-ish that I can do before I start mass-producing ILS/vessels/whatever.

I think most of my fun in this game is in the blueprint design anyways, and every update that adds buildings drags me back in. The little logistics bots added recently are fun, and probably have a place in the layout I’m building…but I’m not in the mood to play with it too much more right now.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I am trying really loving hard to not get drawn into DSP again until the enemies content update drops, and i'm currently busy drowning in Rimworld, but it's getting real drat hard.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I am trying really loving hard to not get drawn into DSP again until the enemies content update drops, and i'm currently busy drowning in Rimworld, but it's getting real drat hard.

Same. I only fired up this save to have some metadata ready to spend for when the combat patch drops 🙃

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i have now beaten yakuza 1-5

onward to 6!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I had the same experience. Dishonored never really clicked for me but I got Prey on a whim a few days ago and I'm really digging it so far. Feels a bit like Deus Ex merged with System Shock, not going to complain about that.

For sure I like the exploration and neuromod system with lots of freedom about what to take. And the recycler is so satisfying to use.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

For sure I like the exploration and neuromod system with lots of freedom about what to take. And the recycler is so satisfying to use.

Defeating a puzzle by using a nerf gun never gets old.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My DSP factory complex? I made it work :suicide:

10,674 facilities later, but I made it work.

This complex spans ~20% of the planet I put it on (fitting neatly between my piles of equatorial solar panels, each at 90° east/west and 0/180°), and makes almost everything up to ILS. Keeping it fed with raw iron ore was a challenge at first, but now that I’ve got miners on almost every iron source in my home system, it’s satiated :getin:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Defeating a puzzle by using a nerf gun never gets old.

Lol oh yeah, I like how after solving a puzzle I realize there were two other methods that would have worked, very good Deus Ex vibes. Also enjoy that after establishing the rules for how mimics work I still get hit sometimes when I forget to scan a suspiciously well placed med pack, and it doesn’t feel cheap.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just started DSP lol it’s amazing

Just started a new game after 15 hours because now I know some things

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The last Rimworld DLC is the best of the three by a large margin, I'm pretty happy with it. I did Save Our Ship's archeotech spore ending last time. Might do the "recycle your colony three times" ending but I really hate giving up so many colonists each time. The base and research and wealth are whatever but I feel like I lose all the history if I do that one.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

I just started DSP lol it’s amazing

Just started a new game after 15 hours because now I know some things

I learn something new on every playthrough. I think I just somehow fail forward until there’s mysteriously a Dyson Sphere up, and I never know exactly how I got there. My early game is a mess, my mid-game struggles, then suddenly I’m interstellar and have so many resources at my disposal that efficiency is genuinely unimportant :laffo:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

One more Prey post, the game has some excellent atmospheric set pieces. Got to a part where there was a creepy telepathic blob monster circling over an empty swimming pool where it had a group of humans mind controlled. Cool scene as it wasn’t a mandatory encounter but helped communicate how weird and powerful the aliens are.

Another reason I like the game is while it has plenty of options to be stealthy, use psychic abilities, or manipulate the environment, it allows my default “Detective Crashmore” approach of blasting with a shotgun.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Prey also has Walton Goggins in it. So like, it can't get much better.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

CainFortea posted:

Wait what? Who? Where? I've gone through it several times and never noticed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS3yYqRA38c

tldr management gaslit, harassed, and slandered their original musician while intentionally trying to ratfuck the musician out of lots of money.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 16, 2022

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Whoa, didn’t know that. Benedict Wong was the standout as he’s so distinctive.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Steezo posted:

Wait what? Who? Where? I've gone through it several times and never noticed.

He is Aaron Ingram, the prisoner in the big glass Extraction Chamber in the Psychotronics Lab area.

Even more spoilery info

You have the choice of basically dropping a recycling charge on him and getting a bunch of exotic material, or release him and he'll give you the keycode to a bunch of guns. It's possible to get it so that Aaron gets out on the shuttle ending

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Wasabi the J posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS3yYqRA38c

tldr management gaslit, harassed, and slandered their original musician while intentionally trying to ratfuck the musician out of lots of money.

Never trust a giant corporation to not gently caress you over. I'm glad Mick published the receipts rather than try to toe the line for future work.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

CainFortea posted:

He is Aaron Ingram, the prisoner in the big glass Extraction Chamber in the Psychotronics Lab area.

Even more spoilery info

You have the choice of basically dropping a recycling charge on him and getting a bunch of exotic material, or release him and he'll give you the keycode to a bunch of guns. It's possible to get it so that Aaron gets out on the shuttle ending

I remember trying to figure out how to do the right thing in that bit but I didn't notice that was him. Kind of like how I didn't figure out who was really voicing Daud in Dishonored. They get some real good cameos in their games. Except for Arx. Arx is a very early 2000's Deus Ex era style voice acting.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

M_Gargantua posted:

Never trust a giant corporation to not gently caress you over. I'm glad Mick published the receipts rather than try to toe the line for future work.

They loving hired someone to edit the original submitted tracks.

They rode his rear end into the ground for an OST they announced THAT MONTH.

Absolutely galling.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

They loving hired someone to edit the original submitted tracks.

They rode his rear end into the ground for an OST they announced THAT MONTH.

Absolutely galling.

They hired that someone many months before they announced the soundtrack or talked to Gordon about doing it. They forgot to scrub the file metadata, meaning it was a simple matter to prove their double dealing. Mick brought the receipts when he laid out his case.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

A.o.D. posted:

They hired that someone many months before they announced the soundtrack or talked to Gordon about doing it. They forgot to scrub the file metadata, meaning it was a simple matter to prove their double dealing. Mick brought the receipts when he laid out his case.

Sorry I had that mixed up. Yeah it's just so ducking blatant and of course the billion dollar company isn't gonna get held to account.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

So Darktide early access is going on. I like shooting rotbloods with my flashlight and thwacking them with my shovel. That is all.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Jesus, almost 2 weeks and no talk of gaming. Are we just getting old as balls?

I've been playing God of War: Ragnarok since it came out, I THINK I'm about 2/3 of the way through the game but I'm not totally sure. The story and acting are incredible, as is the art and environmental design.

The combat is mostly pretty good, definitely satisfying once you start getting more gear and runic abilities. The early game combat is the worst, there's enemies called grims that will gently caress your day up in seconds during the early game.

The worlds you explore are amazing to look at it and have interesting side quests that flesh them out. Actually navigating the world is archaic though, you're literally a god and yet you can't get to a chest because of a funny looking bush is blocking your path that you need a special ability to destroy.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Most of my gaming the past two weeks has been flight simming, so I guess the answer is yes, old as balls.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Recently I've seriously considered getting a good joy stick setup for space sims after watching some Elite: Dangerous gameplay. I think I could get a lot out of it, especially having an ultrawide monitor now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Unless you want to play a map for Doom II that I just made, I've got nothing to say.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You should make a map of the SA HQ

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mustang posted:

I've been playing God of War: Ragnarok since it came out, I THINK I'm about 2/3 of the way through the game but I'm not totally sure. The story and acting are incredible, as is the art and environmental design.

The combat is mostly pretty good, definitely satisfying once you start getting more gear and runic abilities. The early game combat is the worst, there's enemies called grims that will gently caress your day up in seconds during the early game.

The worlds you explore are amazing to look at it and have interesting side quests that flesh them out. Actually navigating the world is archaic though, you're literally a god and yet you can't get to a chest because of a funny looking bush is blocking your path that you need a special ability to destroy.

Shhh! I'm playing a game!

And yeah, spouse is playing through God Of War as well, the story is fantastic and they really gave Kratos a great ending arc.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Been slowly plugging away at Prey and I think I'm relatively close to the end by now. Haven't been able to play it as much as I've wanted due to work and various life bullshit getting in the way.

I'm running a pretty straightforward shooty hacker build with lots of weapons upgrades and some points in stealth. Would be interesting to see what it's like if you go all in on the typhon neuromods, I imagine it plays completely differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I mean, doing this stuff is fun:

But lately I've been enjoying learning how to fly an unarmed transport helicopter around.