Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo

I've caught every fish in the game

BIG FISH UP IN DA CLUB!!

Seriously though for how much emotional torture it's been (I literally cried losing my first Stethacanthus), fishing is still weirdly my favorite aspect of the game (I yelled so loudly catching Ruby Dragon that a neighbor started hooting and hollering with me). I've personally always love these kinds of dumbass grinds in MMOs and it scratches that extremely specific itch perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I've been working on fishing too, largely because I love all its weird lore and a base, no-thought 'fill in checklist' appeal.

I'm trying to do one time-windowed fish a day; it mostly works, slow as it is. Although eventually I'll have to somehow land Cinder Surprise and Ruby Dragon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Note Block posted:

(I yelled so loudly catching Ruby Dragon that a neighbor started hooting and hollering with me)
I had a party member yell so loud when they got a triple triad card that their neighbor thought they were shouting for help and came over to check on them, consider that grind too

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've been working through my crafting logs for that "fill in a checklist" rush, and who needs inventory space, anyway?

God, I'm going to end up buying more retainers at this rate. I got... problems.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

I've been working through my crafting logs for that "fill in a checklist" rush, and who needs inventory space, anyway?

God, I'm going to end up buying more retainers at this rate. I got... problems.

TEN retainers. A FULL TEN OF THEM. Help me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I’m down to my final 9 timer fish and I think I have 5 ocean fishing blues left.

Would be nice if Cinder Surprise wasn’t on a 25 day vacation.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
It genuinely feels like Cinder Surprise just doesn't work right. Ruby Dragon makes sense, I can understand its logic, but I think Cinder Surprise just got its weather requirements without anyone checking how often that window actually happens.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

25 day vacation is up there but is not the longest vacation a big fish has taken. I believe there was one that was away for around 40 days once.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Stormblood had a lot of fish like that. Not hard to catch in general but they just had really really rare weather patterns. I managed to catch Ruby Dragon in the window right before ShB was slated to come out but I thought I wasn't gonna make it cause it was down for almost a full month before that.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Ibblebibble posted:

Finally, after weeks and weeks, I got the savage top.

That's gonna be soo nice when I get that sword too.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The armoire is incredibly consistent.

Original AF gear, preorder bonuses, seasonal gear, and veteran rewards. There's no picking or choosing - it all can go in.
But not the earrings from the moogle tomestone events, or anything from Mog Station, because, apparently, lol.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I'm pretty sure that at least some mogstation stuff can go in armoire? Although maybe that's just stuff that used to be seasonal event rewards.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mainwaring posted:

I'm pretty sure that at least some mogstation stuff can go in armoire? Although maybe that's just stuff that used to be seasonal event rewards.

That's exactly what those are.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

yes yes, yes yes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Folks I've gone mad.

Mad with Eureka fever.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Folks I've gone mad.

Mad with Eureka fever.

There's no cure. Actually, trying to get every Eureka drop including the materia board upgrades and the haste accessories would probably cure you after inflicting enough mental anguish.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Folks I've gone mad.

Mad with Eureka fever.

The cure is more Eureka. :ironicat:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Thundarr posted:

There's no cure. Actually, trying to get every Eureka drop including the materia board upgrades and the haste accessories would probably cure you after inflicting enough mental anguish.

I'm definitely wanting to get a stupid O Hat again in 2022, but oh I just don't know. I can deal with a lot of stupid garbage, but the bunny fates are pretty bad even for me.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I kind of wish they’d still stuck to the spell naming convention from other more recent FFs, just to see what BLM spells would look like after a few expansions.

Thundajaga? Firagagaga?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Regalingualius posted:

I kind of wish they’d still stuck to the spell naming convention from other more recent FFs, just to see what BLM spells would look like after a few expansions.

Thundajaga? Firagagaga?

The NPC spells do at least!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They’ve already addressed that by adding High Fire 2. They could add other high variants, and use a new adjective when required.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like that book in Gubal Hard that makes the spell naming convention vs. numbering arguments canon to FFXIV.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The suffixes are used in Japanese, just like the old days

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the story that the Final Fantasy Brand Manager gave yoship free reign to create a new suffix tier and he just went "ahhh gently caress, uh..... nah." before creating high fira/high blizzara is really really funny

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Didn’t want to deal with the gravija of that decision

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

RME posted:

Didn’t want to deal with the gravija of that decision

Lol

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love the -ara/aga suffixes and I also love the absolute nonsense SMT spell name patterns.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i like the hunt in endwalker that casts Waterga 4

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
looking forward to the Hero class in 7.0 with Hurt, Hurtmore, and Hurtmost

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Someone’s posted it in here before but I still don’t understand why they went from Holy to Holy 3 and Glare to Glare 3 while skipping 2

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Badger of Basra posted:

Someone’s posted it in here before but I still don’t understand why they went from Holy to Holy 3 and Glare to Glare 3 while skipping 2

Cause it's a prank

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

IIRC they thought "Glarera" sounded awkward in Japanese so they skipped to "Glaraga" and brought Holy up to match, and then just converted the suffixes to the matching numbers in English translation.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

They could always just go further back in the series for inspiration and name new spells FIR1, ICE1, and LIT1.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

All the wizards got together and someone made a chart like the American vs Non-American style of recording dates

"Fire 1, Fire 2, Fire 3" - Logical Smooth Sailing
"Fira, Firaga, Firaja" - Arbitary Moronic Bullshit

And then they all had a big party.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

They could always just go further back in the series for inspiration and name new spells FIR1, ICE1, and LIT1.

When do we get RUB?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

HackensackBackpack posted:

When do we get RUB?

That's for the final step of the Manderville weapons

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

YggiDee posted:

I love the -ara/aga suffixes and I also love the absolute nonsense SMT spell name patterns.

M'bufu *tips fedora*

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The NPC spells do at least!

It took me a few CT runs to understand that "Ancient Quaga" was an upgrade of "Ancient Quake" and Xande wasn't attempting to throw an extinct zebra subspecies at us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dareon posted:

It took me a few CT runs to understand that "Ancient Quaga" was an upgrade of "Ancient Quake" and Xande wasn't attempting to throw an extinct zebra subspecies at us.

See it wasn't until relatively recently wizards assembled the nerd rear end loser council to make the swap so of course Xande would call it Quakega.