Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How can the Yankees communicate improperly with their own player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If Hal calls up Cohen and says “hey you’re not gonna gently caress me over on Judge right? Like just lay off we don’t need to get into a bidding war here” that would be collusion.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
as punishment, Aaron Judge is forced to sign with Cincinnati.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GET UM

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How can the Yankees communicate improperly with their own player?

On, not to. The teams can't strategize together on how to sign (or not sign) a FA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Of course a cardinals account would think Blue Checks Matter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What's the penalty for something like that? Just a fine probably, right?

Maybe a midround draft pick or two

e: clicking through, looks like Crane could also be in trouble for saying Verlander wants a Scherzer deal

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Neither can sign Aaron Judge now he will be an Astro

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Neither can sign Aaron Judge now he will be an Astro

Tough but fair

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol they aren't signing Verlander

Also Ryu is dead and not pitching next year.

So little faith. What are you a leafs fan?

But seriously they are totally going to sign Verlander. They are going for it. All in.

Poor Ryu :(

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think they're much more likely to sign Rodon than they are Verlander. They have 40 millionish to spend, they aren't going to blow all that on one player. If they were it'd be an infielder and then they sign like Syndergaard.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

What the Jays are actually going to do is sign a left handed OFer, hopefully Nimmo and then sign someone like Stripling or Syndergaard to be the 4th starter. They'll try and fix Kikuchi again (which won't work) and some combo of Kikuchi/Tiedmann/Zulueta/Thornton will be the 5th guy. They'll sign a reliever as well and then trade a catcher to fill whatever other hole they think exists.

That probably costs them most of the 40 million they have, and I don't think that anything beyond an OFer will be for more than a year or two if they can help it cause they have to pay Vlad and Bo and the money they get from Ryu and Kikuchi loving off forever only pays 1 of them (though I guess the Springer deal mostly pays the other, but you have to replace him and maybe Chapman etc).

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

What the Jays are actually going to do is sign a left handed OFer, hopefully Nimmo and then sign someone like Stripling or Syndergaard to be the 4th starter. They'll try and fix Kikuchi again (which won't work) and some combo of Kikuchi/Tiedmann/Zulueta/Thornton will be the 5th guy. They'll sign a reliever as well and then trade a catcher to fill whatever other hole they think exists.

That probably costs them most of the 40 million they have, and I don't think that anything beyond an OFer will be for more than a year or two if they can help it cause they have to pay Vlad and Bo and the money they get from Ryu and Kikuchi loving off forever only pays 1 of them (though I guess the Springer deal mostly pays the other, but you have to replace him and maybe Chapman etc).

Ya this is probably what they are going to do. It seems very Atkins-y.

But Verlander..... he's just there waiting to sign and he's cool and good.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The only way I could see them spending short term on a cool starter like Verlander or DeGrom is if they trade some money+prospects for like Bryan Reynolds + a reliever. Then Chapman walks next offseason and you gotta figure out 3B again (hope Barger or Orelvis maybe???)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

really hope degrom stays in the NL East so somebody can take on that albatross rear end contract and the braves can destroy him again in 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tatsuta Age posted:

really hope degrom stays in the NL East so somebody can take on that albatross rear end contract and the braves can destroy him again in 2023

monkey's paw curls, deGrom signs with Braves and they blow out his shoulder

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why don't teams simply bunt against DeGrom?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Why don't teams simply bunt against DeGrom?

https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2022/2022-09/13/984ae6b1-a19ae232-e5ab2c9a-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tatsuta Age posted:

I mean if he can hold them to a .551 OPS again I think he'd probably be OK with that

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Julio Cruz posted:

I mean if he can hold them to a .551 OPS again I think he'd probably be OK with that

he can keep us to a .001 ops for all I care as long as we get a 2-1 record against him, including in the most important regular season series of the year

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Re pitching awards literally the only stats I would take into account are innings pitched, ERA, and maybe strikeouts on the margin. xERA etc don’t tell you who had the best season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1593295255838785539?s=20&t=RdQtjChhQd6S0lheg87eAg

Umps will be sponsored next year by Pearl Vision

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they can switch to BlockFi? Crypto.com? Gemini??

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Umps will be sponsored next year by Pearl Vision

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1593042626147930112

lol I forgot about this

https://twitter.com/GRDecter/status/1593272102047580161

lmao

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 17, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Literally ‘they did all of the possible financial crimes”

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/1593301488293613568

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Literally ‘they did all of the possible financial crimes”

The Mr Burns strategy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

literal chills thinking about the fallout from 2/5/8

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Manfred: NO COLLUSION!!!!

IT WAS A PERFECT PHONE CALL!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It wasn't collusion it was merely the owners of two of the most valuable and profitable franchises agreeing not to drive up the price of the presumptive highest paid free agent in the history of the sport

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Keep an eye out for any unusually large donations on behalf of the MLB

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Intruder posted:

It wasn't collusion it was merely the owners of two of the most valuable and profitable franchises agreeing not to drive up the price of the presumptive highest paid free agent in the history of the sport

It wasn't collusion, it was alternate negotiating.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
It's only collusion if it happens in the Colludè region of France. Everything else is sparkling scheming

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The A's should announce that out of respect for the Yankees, they too will not be bidding on Aaron Judge

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees have done NOTHING over the last year but poo poo on Judge lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Well ya, why treat him any different than the fans???

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

LobsterMobster posted:

It's only collusion if it happens in the Colludè region of France. Everything else is sparkling scheming
This is probably too long for a thread title but maybe just use the first sentence

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

wait the Yankees were cheating? weird, that's never happened before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mlbmarathon/status/1593081982862643202?s=46&t=X3sq4Vqf2NE2EjO5JLRjag

Weird how he won MVP in 2019 and fell off a cliff. Yelich as well…