Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

SlothBear posted:

Yeah doubly so if nova dies.

Also when bucky dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

This game is peak fun when you get to do mean poo poo like this:

Not only did I delete his board with cloned Gambits, but I discarded the Infinaut he was saving for the last turn.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

quote:

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Goose
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Brood
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdvb3NlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMb2NramF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmx1ZU1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNclNpbmlzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJZb25kdSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This is my "oh gently caress it I'm tired of losing" deck. You do have to be careful of locations that buff your stuff.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 17, 2022

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Looking for suggestions for where to start with what I've gotten so far in pool 3. I feel like there's some good synergy with some stuff but I'm just not quite seeing it. I feel like without other P3 cards, most of these are just situational.

Quake
Destroyer
Deadpool
Kingpin
Psylocke
Moon Knight
Drax

I feel like the best things I can possibly slot into pool 2 decks are Deadpool and Destroyer but I'd like some suggestions.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just had a crappy loss.

So, the third location is the "Weakest cards fight each other" one that's being featured.
Opponent drops a Cosmo on it.

Turn 6, we both drop a Destroyer on that location.
So, it's 18-16 in their favor.

But then the effect happens, Cosmo gets destroyed, but the opponent still gets credit for having 18 power even though they don't anymore.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

RevKrule posted:

Looking for suggestions for where to start with what I've gotten so far in pool 3. I feel like there's some good synergy with some stuff but I'm just not quite seeing it. I feel like without other P3 cards, most of these are just situational.

Quake
Destroyer
Deadpool
Kingpin
Psylocke
Moon Knight
Drax

I feel like the best things I can possibly slot into pool 2 decks are Deadpool and Destroyer but I'd like some suggestions.

This deck is quite good and I believe destroyer is the only pool 3 card

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvbG9zc3VzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVzdHJveWVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhcnBhdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

the_steve posted:

Just had a crappy loss.

So, the third location is the "Weakest cards fight each other" one that's being featured.
Opponent drops a Cosmo on it.

Turn 6, we both drop a Destroyer on that location.
So, it's 18-16 in their favor.

But then the effect happens, Cosmo gets destroyed, but the opponent still gets credit for having 18 power even though they don't anymore.

Cosmo has 3 power, why were they up 2? Definitely wasn't a mr fantastic or something?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This game isn't very fun but the matches are short which is okay and the card art upgrading is neat.

I just played Galactus for the first time and his snap literally made the game crash, then re-booting the game and reconnecting to the game crashed my video drivers.

Seems to be working as intended, I uninstalled in the spirit of the snap.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

what are the best synergies for infinaut, the big fishbowl boy you love to hate?

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Chard posted:

what are the best synergies for infinaut, the big fishbowl boy you love to hate?

Sunspot with him is good since most the time skipping turn 5 buffs him.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
crossed cl600 and the wall there is real

beta players with custom titles and pool 3 decks now, makes it so i'm never confident enough to snap with my scrappy decks and rank is hard to come by

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

im at 384 and ive started seeing armin zola black panther decks and its hell, to me

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

goferchan posted:

Cosmo has 3 power, why were they up 2? Definitely wasn't a mr fantastic or something?

I honestly can't remember, but now that you say it, that probably is the case and I just wasn't paying attention :negative:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Vulpes posted:

Any else get massive lag when Warrior Falls resolves? Sometimes takes what feels like at least 10 seconds to figure out who's dead and actually remove them. Have worried a couple of times that my game has soft-locked or lost connectivity.

Came here to post this. It's an annoying location as it is but it wastes so much time each match.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yup, happened to me just today.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Chard posted:

Sunspot. Jubilee.
Storm. Armor.
Solid early game tempo cards.
Other big cards.

You need to reliably win a lane by turn 4 so you can skip 5 and win another. And since most people see infinaut coming when you skip 5, you want to be pretty sure they can’t counter, or you need a plan B where you have decent plays on 5 & 6.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

Sunspot. Jubilee.
Storm. Armor.
Other big cards.

You need to reliably win a lane by turn 4 so you can skip 5 and win another. And since most people see infinaut coming when you skip 5, you want to be pretty sure they can’t counter, or you need a plan B where you have decent plays on 5 & 6.

Cosmo seems like a good card to consider, since Infinaut being so visible is a big "Play Shang-Chi" sign

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Reek posted:

crossed cl600 and the wall there is real

beta players with custom titles and pool 3 decks now, makes it so i'm never confident enough to snap with my scrappy decks and rank is hard to come by

Yeah fwiw I never get games like this at 594, definitely recommend maxing out credits before reaching 600

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's a good time to max out credits anyways because the devs are being so weird about the collector's cache changes coming in the next month and a half. Might as well be maxed for the release.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

doingitwrong posted:

Sunspot. Jubilee.
Storm. Armor.
Other big cards.

The key is learning how to hide Infinaut's coming.

My deck is:
Ant-Man
Squirrel Girl
Sunspot
Iceman
Nightcrawler
Angela
Armor
Colossus
Storm
Killmonger
Jessica Jones
Infinaut

Play the deck like it's kazoo the first few turns, if you can put Sunspot out, that's obviously a priority play but the other key is getting Nightcrawler on the field. If you can drop him in an Armor spot, that's choice because it opens up a Killmonger play too.

On T5, move Nightcrawler as your only play. Doesn't matter where just move him. He's low enough power that chances are he won't turn the tide on any lane for you. However, because of the fast pace of the game already, there's a high chance your opponent won't even notice you skipped your turn because they'll see card movement and lane numbers change. Obviously you may not win against someone paying close attention but I've won more than I've lost using this strategy and if you've setup your Armor lane for win condition you can avoid annoying Shang-Chi counters.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Lol level 91 is serious business

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Hobgoblin in hand, The Peak gets revealed, suddenly I have a 0/5 in hand that will jump to the opponent's side if I play it. (It would be interesting if it changed to -8/5 but ok.)

The last turn my opponent can't win if he doesn't play something in a lane that already has 3 cards for him. So I play the Hobgoblin there, hoping he doesn't realize that if he just passes, I will just give him the win. He moves his Nightcrawler into it, I win.

Other game we both play Hobgoblin in the same lane, luckily he reveals first making the space for mine, I still win.

Weird Hobgoblin shenanigans, you gotta love them.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

uXs posted:

Hobgoblin in hand, The Peak gets revealed, suddenly I have a 0/5 in hand that will jump to the opponent's side if I play it. (It would be interesting if it changed to -8/5 but ok.)

The last turn my opponent can't win if he doesn't play something in a lane that already has 3 cards for him. So I play the Hobgoblin there, hoping he doesn't realize that if he just passes, I will just give him the win. He moves his Nightcrawler into it, I win.

Other game we both play Hobgoblin in the same lane, luckily he reveals first making the space for mine, I still win.

gotta get him into my deck somehow, sounds cool as hell

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

I have him in this deck:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Armor
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn1dfQ==
#

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Gah I need daredevil!!!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

Gah I need daredevil!!!

I've only played it for a handful of games, but it seems to cause more opponent retreats than any other deck I've played so far.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
This thunder dome location is not doing my pool one kazoo deck any favors. But I did just unlock scarlet witch; still, not sure I want to count on having that one card, hmn.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

uXs posted:

We both played Hobgobbo on turn 5, except mine had been affected by their Scorpion.

(don't know why I was going to play Hulk right before they retreated, poo poo, I could have dropped Odin mid)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 17, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

He's really fun. Green Goblin is a better card IMO, at -3 for 3 he's a little less impactful stat-wise but being easier to curve means he's a lot more useful for disruption by taking up a slot in an enemy location. And of course a great funny thing in a game full of funny things is playing an Odin on an opponent's goblin and sending it right back.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Hobgoblin might be my favorite card. It’s so funny and rude and also can blow up in your face so bad

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Quackles posted:

My start-of-Pool-3 Jubilee deck is as follows:

Domino [To have a guaranteed play in the starting turns, while not diluting draws later. Originally I was playing Domino and Quicksilver to synergize with Captain America but I took Quicksilver out to stick in Killmonger instead. See below.]

Captain America [To buff a location with many bodies on board. Possibly better with Quicksilver for 1/2/3 curve but still good otherwise.]
Storm [Gets the opponent's attention, can lock down a location they're not at, removes obnoxious location abilities, etc., etc.]
Hulk Buster [In addition to being a solid body, if this is pulled by Jubilee, it frees up a slot for you to potentially play something on turn 5 and Odin on turn 6 and get a 4th pull.]
Killmonger [You'll usually hit something with him. We play no 1-drops, so we can always play him at no risk to ourselves. And it feels great if your opponent relies on him. Double-able with Odin.]
Wave [Lets you cheat out big drops, and can sometimes bait opponent to play their Devil Dino, etc., early so you know what to respond to. You can also roll over the battlecry with Odin played next turn. There's an alternate win condition here to lock down decks that play many cards as a pseudo-Sandman.]

Jessica Jones [A good card with big stats.]
Jubilee [One of the key cards in the deck. Pulls out anything between good and great value. If she pulls Odin, the effect happens twice!]

Spider-Woman [Good stats, scaling up to a 5/11 if we play her opposite a full board. Double-able with Odin, too.]
White Tiger [Since we don't run Nightcrawler, we need some way to sneak into locations like Sanctum Sanctorum, Storm's Flooded area, etc. White Tiger is it. We'll be playing her with Odin a lot.]

Hulk [A big stick who wins games. Drop him to claim a location. That's it. Hilarious when pulled by Jubilee. Just... watch out for Shang-Chi, OK?]
Odin [Synergizes with a bunch of stuff in the deck. A good alternate finisher.]

If I wanted to increase the curve, I could suggest adding Hobgoblin or Vision to the 5-slot and cutting something - Captain America, Hulk Buster, or Killmonger - from the 3-slot.

Just came here to say that after reading this, I started running a discount version at CL307, and it works pretty well. I also was using quicksilver to increase the value of jubilee, but I just swapped him for vision for now because he just doesn’t have any impact 90% of the time.

# (2) Domino
# (3) Storm
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (5) Vision
# (6) Odin
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJXb21hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9taW5vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVUaWdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGtidXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWaXNpb24ifV19
#

Storm and Hulk are the actual mvps for me right now, though. So much swing. Enchantress wrecks the devil Dinos and SpiderWoman eats Kazoo

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Chard posted:

Rolling with him and Dracula is kinda fun sometimes, you can wait for that end of game +20 from the discard if you need to play on T5. Needs some way to thin out your hand, of course.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I didn’t realize I was in pool 3 until today. I wondered why I suddenly started playing stronger decks out of nowhere

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

Gah I need daredevil!!!

Yeah Daredevil seems so loving clutch for Hobgoblin and Professor X plays!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Getting whatever location where you get dealt cards from your opponent's deck, then beating them with their own deck, is pretty satisfying.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Getting whatever location where you get dealt cards from your opponent's deck, then beating them with their own deck, is pretty satisfying.

Seems more like your own deck was trash!!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

parasyte posted:

Rolling with him and Dracula is kinda fun sometimes, you can wait for that end of game +20 from the discard if you need to play on T5. Needs some way to thin out your hand, of course.

That's what the Lockjaw discard deck is about. You arrange to discard Swarm for a couple of free Lockjaw swaps then get Drac out ASAP and empty your hand on 6.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Zokari posted:

Seems more like your own deck was trash!!!

I'm so smart that my own deck takes a lot of thought to use correctly :smug:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Weirdworld.

The combination with Lechuguilla, where you get 3 rocks in your deck when you play there, is quite interesting, because Weirdworld doesn't say you switch decks, merely that opponents draw from yours.

edit:

Other location abuse: Mindscape, where you swap hands before turn 6. Normally with the Kazoo deck, you only play your 1-costs on turn 6. But with Mindscape, you just play them all on 5, and if you're lucky you had Blade which discards Blue Marvel too. Opponents gets an empty hand, you get all their poo poo.

edit 2:

I've been thinking to add Quake to my deck. Locations have a pretty large influence on the game, and people are already packing cards to mitigate bad locations for their decks. So I wonder how effective Quake would be.

uXs fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uXs posted:

Weirdworld.

The combination with Lechuguilla, where you get 3 rocks in your deck when you play there, is quite interesting, because Weirdworld doesn't say you switch decks, merely that opponents draw from yours.

A lot of people don't seem to get how Weirdworld works. Attilan will shuffle the cards back into your deck so your opponent can draw his own cards again; Okoye and Mr Negative will buff your deck so they benefit your opponent; and Cable effectively becomes "draw a card". Jubilee still yanks a dude from your own deck, but you'll never redraw the activator. And you won't draw your Amy Chav on 6 - your opponent will.