Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

DeadlyMuffin posted:

No kidding. I never said otherwise.

Then why, on God's green and fuzzy Earth, is it so hard to understand that if Congress writes a law that depends on the same constitutional basis as Obergfell, it provides no benefit, because it stands or falls with the constutional underpinnings in that decision? Having the Respect For Marriage Act use an entirely different basis (full faith and credit) is a good tactic to protect gay marriage in case we get Dobbsed again.

In a good and sane world, this whole issue would be sidestepped by having a Constitution that isn't treated like holy writ and we could pass an amendment to explicitly say that gay marriage is legal (among other things), but we don't live in that world, we live in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Kenlon posted:

Then why, on God's green and fuzzy Earth, is it so hard to understand that if Congress writes a law that depends on the same constitutional basis as Obergfell, it provides no benefit, because it stands or falls with the constutional underpinnings in that decision? Having the Respect For Marriage Act use an entirely different basis (full faith and credit) is a good tactic to protect gay marriage in case we get Dobbsed again.

In a good and sane world, this whole issue would be sidestepped by having a Constitution that isn't treated like holy writ and we could pass an amendment to explicitly say that gay marriage is legal (among other things), but we don't live in that world, we live in this one.

If you're asking about the line of discussion that
1. Was several pages ago
2. I answered the exact question you're asking multiple times
3. I was probated for

I'd suggest going back and re-reading it because I'm not discussing it further. I think the probation ended that one.

The post you quoted was responding to a discussion about if gay people were a protected class. If that's what you want to discuss, grand, but my impression was that there wasn't much left to go over.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So we’re almost certainly staring down a default next summer now

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1592941500052242434?s=46&t=g8IqNL74tgZcZ9FZycYcJA

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
A bunch of news about the next Congress:

- Nancy Pelosi is sending a letter to all House Dems today with "an update on her future in Congress."

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/pelosi-likely-clarify-future-plans-week-sources-say-rcna57611?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

quote:

Pelosi plans to address her future in Congress on Thursday

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., plans to address her future in Congress to her colleagues on Thursday, according to her spokesperson.

"@SpeakerPelosi has been overwhelmed by calls from colleagues, friends and supporters. This evening, the Speaker monitored returns in the three remaining critical states. The Speaker plans to address her future plans tomorrow to her colleagues. Stay tuned," Pelosi spokesperson Drew Hammill tweeted Wednesday night.

As Democrats celebrate overperforming expectations in the midterm elections, a conversation between Pelosi and fellow members of the California delegation has fueled speculation on the question of will Pelosi stay or will she step down from her leadership role.

- Republicans can't organize around a legislative agenda and they don't think the Democratic Senate will agree to any bill that passes the House, so they are just spending the next two years doing investigations and threatening to hold up the budget for spending cuts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/16/us/politics/republicans-house-majority-mccarthy.html

The main things they are going to be focused on:

- Investigations into the DOJs treatment of January 6th defendants.
- Investigations on Nancy Pelosi (just in general, no specific issue).
- Investigations into the acts of activist groups like Black Lives Matter during the 2020 George Floyd riots and protests.
- Investigations into the "politicization of the Justice Department."
- Investigations into Hunter Biden and Joe Biden's relationship with the Chinese government and whether it influenced American policy to benefit China.
- Investigations into whether Biden ignored the advice of generals and endangered American troops by withdrawing from Afghanistan too quickly.
- Investigations into the motives behind "job-crushing regulations coming from every agency."
- Investigations into new sensitivity training and racial tolerance requirements in the armed forces.
- Investigations into the material and training the DOJ forces police departments to complete when they are under consent decrees.
- Investigations into Anthony Fauci.

quote:

The main question going forward is whether Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, who was nominated on Tuesday to lead the new Republican majority, can achieve the unity necessary to perform fundamental tasks such as funding the government, or whether unyielding far-right members will make the new speaker’s life miserable and the House an unmanageable mess.

The likely single-digit-seat victory will allow Republicans to claim power — including subpoena power — set the agenda, run the committees and try to hold President Biden’s feet to the fire with a string of promised investigations.

Despite their underwhelming showing, Republicans are unlikely to be chastened into cooperating with Mr. Biden and no doubt will plunge ahead aggressively once they get their hands on the gavels. For many, that was the point of the election. Their agenda is investigative, not legislative.

“We must be relentless in our oversight of this administration,” Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the No. 2 House Republican, wrote in a letter to colleagues. “From the politicization of the Justice Department to the job-crushing regulations coming from every agency, we need to shine a bright light on the actions and policy failures of this administration.”

quote:

For Mr. McCarthy, his party’s win came in the worst possible way. The much thinner than expected majority means fewer Republicans from swing districts who might be averse to provoking chaos, making him more reliant on the fire-breathing hard-right members who triumphed in safe, ruby-red districts on the promise of political warfare against Mr. Biden.

At the same time, he will need to protect the less incendiary freshmen, such as the newcomers from New York who will be the top targets of Democrats beginning almost immediately.

The margin and the mix could combine to make the House all but ungovernable.

quote:

“It is going to be hard,” said Representative Fred Upton, a retiring Republican centrist from Michigan, about the task ahead for the new leaders, who are already contending with demands from the right to agree to restrictions that would severely limit their power. “It is going to be really hard, especially when it comes to producing results.”

quote:

The only results that interest many in the House majority are those that inflict political pain on Mr. Biden and congressional Democrats, as demanded by their MAGA constituents. In a closed-door meeting of Republicans on Monday, right-wing lawmakers including Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia extracted a promise that their leaders would investigate Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Justice Department for their treatment of defendants jailed in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

But the new leadership cannot do only investigations. They still have to find some “yes” votes to approve spending bills and other legislation that must pass to keep the government running, when many of their members are very accustomed to voting “no” on just about everything.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

According to Jake Sherman, Reps. Katherine Clark and Hakeem Jeffries are making calls to other House Dems to get support for leadership votes.

Doesn't confirm that Pelosi is stepping down, but those two apparently think it is a real possibility.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1593210307828412416

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Confirmation that Pelosi intends to step down today and that Hakeem Jeffries has enough votes to be Minority Leader.

Jim Clyburn may also step down from his leadership role.

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/1593253538012225537

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Not that Jefferies is better, but they need to replace leadership. I believe every single one of them is over 80 years old.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not that Jefferies is better, but they need to replace leadership. I believe every single one of them is over 80 years old.

Doesn't Jefferies have a really lovely history of picking fights with progressives and blaming them? Just seems like more of the same.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yep.

Jefferies and Clark are in their 50's, so while exactly super young, they are almost 30 years younger than most of the current leadership.

Not clear on whether Steny Hoyer is staying or not.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Vire posted:

Doesn't Jefferies have a really lovely history of picking fights with progressives and blaming them? Just seems like more of the same.

He's a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. I don't recall him having any high profile fights with progressives, but he is from a district in Brooklyn and therefore loves Israel very much. That is the only major issue I think he might have had conflict with some progressives on (although, with a few exceptions, I don't think many progressives in congress have picked huge fights over Israel in general.)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He's a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. I don't recall him having any high profile fights with progressives, but he is from a district in Brooklyn and therefore loves Israel very much. That is the only major issue I think he might have had conflict with some progressives on (although, with a few exceptions, I don't think many progressives in congress have picked huge fights over Israel in general.)

He has fought publicly with AoC multiple times as well as started Team Blue Pac explicitly to fight against progressives in the primaries.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453308-jeffries-defends-democratic-caucus-tweet-slamming-ocasio-cortez-chief-of-staff/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/hakeem-jeffries-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-liberals/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-democrats-launch-pac-protect-incumbents-attacks-within-n1272428

plogo
Jan 20, 2009

Vire posted:

He formed a pac with Gottheimer to fight progressive challengers, maybe it makes sense to be a part of such a pac, but doing it with Gottheimer is a blaring siren to me.

Also this response is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1465712559617568768

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The first link isn't really picking a fight.

But, the last one about the PAC is a good point I forgot about.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jefferies is essentially 2/3 of the Dem caucus. They are aren’t going to let an actual progressive into leadership.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

How is Jefferies regarded in his ability to wheel and deal and get votes whipped and the party in line? IMHO if that's not there everything else is window dressing. It's not often that a House minority leader actually has to do more than flick toothpicks into the drop ceiling all day but it seems like this may be one of those times. I'd very much prefer to not have every budget be a massive crisis between two horrible options, which feels a lot more important to me since the progressives aren't going to rock the boat anyway, meaning him holding them in affection or contempt doesn't matter.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Epic High Five posted:

How is Jefferies regarded in his ability to wheel and deal and get votes whipped and the party in line? IMHO if that's not there everything else is window dressing. It's not often that a House minority leader actually has to do more than flick toothpicks into the drop ceiling all day but it seems like this may be one of those times. I'd very much prefer to not have every budget be a massive crisis between two horrible options, which feels a lot more important to me since the progressives aren't going to rock the boat anyway, meaning him holding them in affection or contempt doesn't matter.

He's never been a whip or vote manager.

He was the caucus chair, whose job is basically to help determine committee assignments, try to get everyone in the caucus on the same message, and manage the day-to-day scheduling/meetings for the caucus.

Basically, they act as HR/manager between members to craft legislative policies that as many people in the caucus as possible can support, helps set the rules and make sure everyone abides by them, makes sure everyone has input on the agenda in weekly meetings, and tries to get everyone to play nice with each other in public and private.

So, he has definitely been involved in negotiations with the whole caucus to get a consensus, hosting hearings for everyone to air grievances and get on the same page, and counting votes. But, he has never been an arm-twister or an official whip. No clue how that plays out. It will also depend on who the new whip is.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1593258060771827713

I think this is supposed to be about Hunter Biden? It just sounds like the House Republicans are impressed by Joe's superior size and physique though.

edit: so this is really the messaging they're going with, huh
https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1593253229747265545

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 17, 2022

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I really wish this was actually as cool as they make them sound.

https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1593252951060934656?t=faEnLuZY3SdLCXExeJ50vg&s=19

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Hunter Biden stuff was literally hammered nonstop and elevated by all national outlets for 2 months leading up to 2020. How you can still look at the whole thing and believe a single person gives the first poo poo about it is insane to me. It's a shame that nobody called to speak at these things will treat them with the contempt they deserve. Don't show up at all when called, or do show up but just read the Constitution or something cringe like that.

Also declaring Joe to be a BIG GUY right after it's become obvious that Large Lad Theory is a winner is a frankly stupid choice.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
And of course they're putting Gym Jordan in charge of it (at least that's my presumption from him tweeting about it). It's like they want people to mock the investigation.

Also "Biden Crime Fanily" when you're still protecting Bootleg Mob Boss Donald Trump is pretty :laffo:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Glad to see the GOP are determined to keep loving that chicken right into 2024, it should be a hilarious couple of years where they clearly fail to accomplish anything while alienating anyone who isn't 4 layers deep-fried on QAnon fairytales

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I think they are fully anticipating that Trump is going to be indicted and tried for extremely serious crimes with a high probability that he could actually be convicted on something. They are probably butthurt about that and really want to do whatever they can to paint Biden as somehow being immoral or corrupt to at the very least "both-sides" it and neutralize Trump crimes as an issue in 2024. If they can't do that, although this board tends to be pessimistic and cynical about this, it really will be a huge problem that will drown out any message the GOP tries to run on.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 17, 2022

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rigel posted:

I think they are fully anticipating that Trump is going to be indicted and tried for extremely serious crimes with a high probability that he could actually be convicted on something. They are probably butthurt about that and really want to do whatever they can to paint Biden as somehow being immoral or corrupt to at the very least "both-sides" it and neutralize Trump crimes as an issue in 2024. If they can't do that, although this board tends to be pessimistic and cynical about this, it really will be a huge problem that will drown out any message the GOP tries to run on.

They are also trying to deflect because if Trump even gets a little bit of pressure he is going to flip on the members who helped him out.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

So the GOP is just giving up all pretense of trying to govern and do things that might actually help the American people, huh? I mean, it's not surprising that they'd take that turn, but you'd think they'd at least want to try to appeal to people outside their lunatic base, considering they just had a fairly lackluster midterm performance.

Plus, all the investigations could have a weird upside in that it might push Joe toward deciding not to run for reelection, which in my opinion would actually benefit Democrats. Especially so if Trump's on the ballot.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

So the GOP is just giving up all pretense of trying to govern and do things that might actually help the American people, huh? I mean, it's not surprising that they'd take that turn, but you'd think they'd at least want to try to appeal to people outside their lunatic base, considering they just had a fairly lackluster midterm performance.

they still get like 45-60% of the votes depending on area and it's way easier than actually doing things so why wouldn't they

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Rigel posted:

This is 100% what it is. The "Biden Crime Family" is aping the "Trump Crime Family" rhetoric that's been prevalent since 2017 among liberals.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Plus, all the investigations could have a weird upside in that it might push Joe toward deciding not to run for reelection, which in my opinion would actually benefit Democrats. Especially so if Trump's on the ballot.

People vote on feels, not on policy or governance unless it gets real bad.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Just thought of something about Feinstein. If she retires as now widely expected, then I bet she was wanting to retire for a while but was asked to hang on till after the midterms so that there would not be a special election. We now know that it would have been a trivially easy hold, but at the time with a lot of people expecting a red wave, if it was monstrous enough who knows how high that wave could have crested. No reason to just throw another Senate seat into the fire that would drain money away from other seats.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So the magic key to ending the inflation crisis is on Hunter Biden's laptop then?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

they still get like 45-60% of the votes depending on area and it's way easier than actually doing things so why wouldn't they

True, and I suppose anything the GOP House would pass would be DOA in the Senate anyway.

Like I said, it's not surprising that they're taking this turn, but I don't think it helps them at all with the people they need to persuade if they want to win the Presidency and keep the House in 2024. But maybe that doesn't even matter as much given the 2024 Senate map.

nine-gear crow posted:

So the magic key to ending the inflation crisis is on Hunter Biden's laptop then?

I doubt they're even interested in finding a resolution to inflation since it mostly reflects badly on Biden.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

True, and I suppose anything the GOP House would pass would be DOA in the Senate anyway.

Like I said, it's not surprising that they're taking this turn, but I don't think it helps them at all with the people they need to persuade if they want to win the Presidency and keep the House in 2024. But maybe that doesn't even matter as much given the 2024 Senate map.

I doubt they're even interested in finding a resolution to inflation since it mostly reflects badly on Biden.

My personal theory is they don't really give a poo poo about anything anymore since they got the Supreme Court locked for basically ever and can just do what they want that way now

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

It feels like they've long forgotten why Trump was actually able to win. Yes, the racism and outrageousness and "owning the libs" definitely all played a big part in his ability to dominate the narrative, but that alone doesn't win elections -- it was also the populist message that resonated with the working class. Dems haven't exactly been killing it in that demographic either, but I think we might finally be seeing the limits of a platform based entirely on vague, aimless spite.

A lot of Trump voters in 2016 genuinely thought he would turn out to be a kind of average president who said some messed up stuff during the campaign but maybe he would still be able to shake things up in Washington for the better. It wasn't so much an ideological thing. He did need the ideologues, but he also needed the regular people.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
We've all talked about this before, the GOP's platform is DEEPLY unpopular, which is why whenever they get legislative control almost nothing gets done. Sadly, that rarely seems to matter to voters.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
God, another two years of Trump is bad enough, but at least he's got stage presence.

These guys are such talentless dull-witted amateurs it's going to be pure low-budget cringe.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Can't wait for the "what is Pelosi hiding?!?!" Hot takes now that she's stepping aside.

Jesus this poo poo is so insufferable. And it won't convince anyone of anything. Everyone that supports these hearings will interpret everything, no matter the reality, to mean "guilty."

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

BonoMan posted:

Can't wait for the "what is Pelosi hiding?!?!" Hot takes now that she's stepping aside.

Jesus this poo poo is so insufferable. And it won't convince anyone of anything. Everyone that supports these hearings will interpret everything, no matter the reality, to mean "guilty."

I feel like "people are trying to kill me and they came close to killing my husband" is a perfectly valid reason to step away from the political spotlight, along with being old as hell.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Official that Pelosi is stepping down.

quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she will not seek a leadership position in the new Congress, a pivotal realignment making way for a new generation of leaders after Democrats lost control of the House to Republicans in the midterm elections.

Pelosi announced in a spirited speech on the House floor that she will step aside after leading Democrats for nearly 20 years and in the aftermath of the brutal attack on her husband, Paul, last month in their San Francisco home.

“Now we must move boldly into the future,” Pelosi said. “The hour has come for a new generation.”

The California Democrat, who rose to become the nation’s first woman to wield the speaker’s gavel, said she would remain in Congress as the representative from San Francisco, a position she has held for 35 years, when the new Congress convenes in January.

It’s an unusual choice for a party leader to stay on after withdrawing from congressional leadership but one befitting of Pelosi, who has long defied convention in pursuing power in Washington.

Democrats cheered Pelosi as she arrived in the chamber at noon. On short notice, lawmakers filled the House, at least on the Democratic side, and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer joined. The Speaker’s Gallery filled with Pelosi staff and guest. Some Republicans, including some newly-elected members, also attended.

The first women to become speaker, and the only person in decades to be twice elected to the role, she has led Democrats through consequential moments, including passage of the Affordable Care Act with President Barack Obama and the impeachments of President Donald Trump.

By announcing her decision, Pelosi could launch a domino effect in House Democratic leadership ahead of internal party elections next month as Democrats reorganize as the minority party for the new Congress.

Pelosi’s leadership team, with Majority Leader Steny Hoyer of Maryland and Democratic Whip James Clyburn of South Carolina, has long moved as a triumvirate. Hoyer and Clyburn are also making decisions about their futures.

All now in their 80s, the three House Democratic leaders have faced restless colleagues eager for them to step aside and allow a new generation to take charge.

Democratic Reps. Hakeem Jeffries of New York, Katherine Clark of Massachusetts and Pete Aguilar of California have similarly moved as a trio, all working toward becoming the next generation of leaders. Jeffries could make history if he enters the race to become the nation’s first Black speaker of the House.

One idea circulating on Capitol Hill was that Pelosi and the others could emerge as emeritus leaders as they pass the baton to new Democrats.

Clyburn, the highest-ranking Black American in Congress, has said he has no interest in being speaker or leader of the minority at this point in his life but expects to stay in Congress next year.

“I do wish to remain at the leadership table,” Clyburn said a week after the midterms. “As to what capacity that will be, I will leave that up to our Democratic caucus.”

Hoyer has not spoken publicly of his plans.

First elected in 1987, Pelosi has been a pivotal figure in American politics, long ridiculed by Republicans as a San Francisco liberal while steadily rising as a skilled legislator and fundraising powerhouse. Her own Democratic colleagues have intermittently appreciated but also feared her powerful brand of leadership.

Pelosi first became speaker in 2007, saying she had cracked the “marble ceiling,” after Democrats swept to power in the 2006 midterm elections in a backlash to then-President George W. Bush and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

When she was poised in 2018 to return as speaker, in the Trump era, she vowed “to show the power of the gavel.”

Pelosi has repeatedly withstood leadership challenges over the years and had suggested in 2018 she would serve four more years as leader. But she had not discussed those plans more recently.

Typically unsentimental, Pelosi let show a rare moment of emotion on the eve of the midterm elections as she held back tears discussing the grave assault on her husband of nearly 60 years.

Paul Pelosi suffered a fractured skull after an intruder broke into their home in the middle the night seeking the Democratic leader. The intruder’s question — “Where is Nancy?” — echoed the chants of the pro-Trump rioters at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, as they hunted for Pelosi and tried to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s election victory over Trump.

David DePape is being held without bail on attempted murder and other charges in what authorities said was a political attack. Police said DePape broke in and woke up Paul Pelosi, and the two struggled over a hammer before DePape struck the 82-year-old on the head. DePape, 42, has pleaded not guilty to federal charges of attempting to kidnap a federal official and assaulting a federal official’s family member.

Paul Pelosi was hospitalized for a week but is expected to recover, though his wife has said it will be a long haul.

At the time, Speaker Pelosi would not discuss her political plans but would only disclose that the attack on her husband would impact her decision.

Historians have noted that other consequential political figures had careers as rank-and-file members of Congress, including John Quincy Adams, the former president, who went on to serve for nearly 18 years in Congress.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Youth Decay posted:

I feel like "people are trying to kill me and they came close to killing my husband" is a perfectly valid reason to step away from the political spotlight, along with being old as hell.

On top of that she also made a promise to progressives whose support she needed 2 years ago that she was going to step down. She would have only needed a majority of her caucus rather than 218 to be minority leader so I guess she could have broken her promise if she wanted to.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Youth Decay posted:

No of course it is. I'm talking about hot takes from the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/isaacdovere/status/1593304674643460103?s=46&t=Je8rjT13-hs2B3R7sF5Cow

Who do we suppose Jeffries thinks is 1. Hard-left democratic socialist 2. A credible threat or worth addressing in this way?

What are the hard left ideas he wouldn’t agree with? What are the policies he thinks are too far left?